"LIVE" - Ovation of the Seas (April 9-26, 2018), Bill & Marie's slow boat to China

So, did you overnight in HK? When we were there last year at this time it was rainy and foggy and we had a heck of a thunderstorm before we left. We left around 7PM. It looks like you guys spent the night. I remember surfing out at night, while the rest of my group had dinner. Lovely views. We, also skipped the peak because the weather, you wouldn’t see anything. Gotta love the lighted buildings. Pretty cool spot.

JC

Your trip is now on my bucket list. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for coming along.

So, did you overnight in HK? When we were there last year at this time it was rainy and foggy and we had a heck of a thunderstorm before we left. We left around 7PM. It looks like you guys spent the night. I remember surfing out at night, while the rest of my group had dinner. Lovely views. We, also skipped the peak because the weather, you wouldn’t see anything. Gotta love the lighted buildings. Pretty cool spot.

JC

Yes we stayed over night, we leave this afternoon. It was great to have the evening here. [emoji16]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

So when they put the dishes/silverware on the table they also left a pitcher of hot tea that Apple used to wash everything before we ate.

Why hot tea and not water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why hot tea and not water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked and they use tea because pitchers of hot tea are always readily available

great review and pics

Thank you, glad to have you along

Is this the former Sun Viking?

It is at anchor here in Hong Kong

941323528b7933a42a2aab05e01918f9.jpg

Just did a Google search and you are correct! It's now called MV Oriental Dragon and is a gambling ship in HK. Good eye.

Just did a Google search and you are correct! It's now called MV Oriental Dragon and is a gambling ship in HK. Good eye.
I can't take credit as there were others that stopped the ship but thank you for confirming

This afternoon Marie and I went on a behind the scenes tour of the theater. There are close top one hundred theater productions in the fleet. Cast members usual join the ship as a group after getting training in Miami.

Most of the set pieces are of heavy constructions to withstand 6-7 years of use. They have the capabilities to automatically move set pieces around the stage but the stage manager normally works it manually since you have the human factor on stage who may not be on cue. There are usually 4-5 spotters around the stage looking for trouble.

0f5204502aa5b2d2884973353cdefdb4.jpg

a42daca6b12780ef6654a99866fecb1e.jpg

4bd304aecfa38255e1fb4e32b5303a0e.jpg

c27bda30ad83340db153972697bd0604.jpg

d559bd8e551404a566416c54ba7f9840.jpg

a48afeb7746ad20c0f4acfc1ac28fbf3.jpg

Was the back stage tour open to everyone or just D+/P/S? I enjoyed this several years ago on Liberty and Allure but have not seen it offered since then. I love that kind of stuff.
It is the one offered to D+/P/S. It's the triple choice where you choose bridge, galley or theater.

Hey Bill loving your review as always. Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Looking forward to the rest of your cruse :)
Thanks for following. It's going by too fast.

Not much to see today.

2a754e0366f0d694e568167ccd5a84b9.jpg