Findiint our way around in ports of call

Tafia69

As first time cruisers we wonder how easy it is to get lost in the various ports of call. We did end up going in circles once in Nice old town!

We are going to Vigo, Cadiz, Valencia, Cartagena, Gibraltar and Lisbon.

I have tried to print street maps of the various calls but often Malware Bytes blocks them for some reason. Are street maps readily available? Any other tips for these ports?

Apologies for typo in heading. Typing too fast. :-(

Thanks,

T

Edited by Tafia69
Typos

If you have a smartphone and use Google Maps, I would recommend using the offline mode of Google Maps and pre-download the maps of the areas you are going to visit. Another feature that I found in Google Maps is the parking mode. While it's intended to help you save the location of your car, you can also use it for the location of where your ship is parked.

I'm not understanding why maps would be blocked, but maybe you need to try different sites. If I couldn't find a decent map online of - say - Cadiz, I would use Google Earth and do a print screen shot and print it. EM

As first time cruisers we wonder how easy it is to get lost in the various ports of call. We did end up going in circles once in Nice old town!

We are going to Vigo, Cadiz, Valencia, Cartagena, Gibraltar and Lisbon.

I have tried to print street maps of the various calls but often Malware Bytes blocks them for some reason. Are street maps readily available? Any other tips for these ports?

Apologies for typo in heading. Typing too fast. :-(

Thanks,

T

Maplets app has downloadable offline maps of all sorts of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the things I try to do is use Google Maps Street View to "walk" around a city or town I'll be visiting. It really allows you to get an advance feel for a place. I've used the same technique for driving, especially so I can see what my exits and/or turnoffs from the highway look like (sign posts, landmarks, etc...).