Elite Lounge

sailing sue

Is there an Elite and above lounge on the Celebrity ships?

No. Nothing like the Diamond Lounge on RCI. There is an Elite event on most evenings, but not a dedicated lounge.

Not a dedicated room as there is for Diamonds and above on Royal Caribbean.

There is usually an evening cocktail hour (actually 2 hours long) in Sky Lounge, but on cruises with a larger number of Elites and above drink vouchers are issued instead.

There is an Elite continental breakfast, usually in one of the Specialty Restaurants although a section of the MDR might be used instead.

Yes, of course there is what can be considered an Elite Lounge! Different than the Diamond Lounge, but still a well-utilized and much appreciated perk.

Unlike the Diamond Lounge with its dedicated space which you access with your sea pass card, the "Elite Lounge" is normally an area of seating, set apart for us in the large forward upper deck bar/lounge. For the most part, the lounge is reserved for us during our cocktail hour(s). The Captain's Club host is usually standing at the entrance; you'll show your sea pass card, and then you're directed the area reserved for Elite. To me, it always does seem like a separate space.

Diamond vs. Elite Lounges:

- Diamond has the self-serve appetizer table, while Celebrity waiters circulate and offer appetizer selections from trays.

- Bar service is either at table seating or bar stools round the bar in Elite.

- Lounge operating hours are at least an hour less in the Celebrity Elite lounge.

- Diamond lounge is open every night of a cruise. The Elite Lounge isn't offered on sailaway night or the evening of the Captain's/Senior Officer's cocktail event. For those 2 nights, you're on your own. So, more bang for your buck with RCCL.

As many folks will tell you, on sailings with a very large contingent of Elite and Elite plus (such as Transatlantic), Celebrity will not open the Lounge at all! Instead, they give you ticket vouchers for 3 complimentary beverages per evening. You can use these in most of the bar venues. (Although, perhaps they will start programming the drinks to your sea pass cards, in the manner of RCCL.)

I hope that above info clarifies the lounge question for you. Looking forward, there's no question that the Diamond and Elite lounges on both Cruise lines are getting busier and busier. While the Concierge host on a recent RCCL sailing insisted that Diamond lounges will remain, and that they are included in all long term planning ... who knows? That's another thread for another discussion.

Happy sailing!

Can the ticket vouchers be used for all types of drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic (soda, water, and coffees)? Are you limited to choose alcohol based on a certain dollar amount?

We will be Elite status on our next cruise and are trying to decide if we need to purchase a drink package when neither of us are big drinkers. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As many folks will tell you, on sailings with a very large contingent of Elite and Elite plus (such as Transatlantic), Celebrity will not open the Lounge at all! Instead, they give you ticket vouchers for 3 complimentary beverages per evening. You can use these in most of the bar venues.

While your observation that the Elite/Elite +/Zenith Cocktail Gathering is not held on sail-away night or the night of the Captain's/Senior Officers' Cocktail Event is correct, your citation above--in which you state that the lounge will not be opened at all when vouchers are issued due to potential seating capacity concerns--is not accurate... The lounge will still be open; the vouchers are merely intended to provide additional venues to enjoy one's drinks--during the same hours with the same beverage menu--so as to prevent overcrowding in the lounge [which will still offer passed appetizers; the other specified bars do not] itself...

"Can the ticket vouchers be used for all types of drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic (soda, water, and coffees)? Are you limited to choose alcohol based on a certain dollar amount?"

The vouchers can only be used to exchange for the same drinks menu that would be served in the lounge, so no coffees.

For Celebrity: The drinks vouchers are provided only when the Elite Lounge will not be operating. That generally applies to sailings with very large numbers of Elite and Elite plus. For example, on the popular Transatlantics.

On our last Transatlantic without the lounge, we used all 3 vouchers pp every night. Be careful to use them within the allocated "cocktail hours." I think that the cut-off might have been 7:00 pm? We'd enjoy a glass of wine at an atrium area bar, get an unopened bottle of water for later, and then order a glass of wine to take into dinner.

Coffee? If you're referring to an espresso at Cafe Baccio, I believe that the answer is no. I also believe that the Martini Bar is usually an excluded venue. Otherwise, you can order wine, beer, cocktails or soft drinks from most bars. Top shelf spirits, finer wines, and certain fancy cocktails will also be excluded. (But we don't think that's an issue.)

In the Elite Lounge, there should be an "Elite" drinks menu on the tables, which detail the specific drinks and wines that are offered. Perhaps not the finest wines, but definitely OK. You're not supposed to take beverages outside of the lounge, but this rule seems to depend on the cruise.

Just remember, on Celebrity, depending on the numbers, it's either the Elite Lounge or the vouchers. Not both.

Happy sailing!

PS> We don't drink soda pop, and rarely have alcohol during the day. But we do enjoy that evening glass or two of wine! For us, a beverage package is an unnecessary expense. Everyone will have their own priorities.

For Celebrity: The drinks vouchers are provided only when the Elite Lounge will not be operating. That generally applies to sailings with very large numbers of Elite and Elite plus. For example, on the popular Transatlantics.

On our last Transatlantic without the lounge, we used all 3 vouchers pp every night. Be careful to use them within the allocated "cocktail hours." I think that the cut-off might have been 7:00 pm? We'd enjoy a glass of wine at an atrium area bar, get an unopened bottle of water for later, and then order a glass of wine to take into dinner.

Coffee? If you're referring to an espresso at Cafe Baccio, I believe that the answer is no. I also believe that the Martini Bar is usually an excluded venue. Otherwise, you can order wine, beer, cocktails or soft drinks from most bars. Top shelf spirits, finer wines, and certain fancy cocktails will also be excluded. (But we don't think that's an issue.)

In the Elite Lounge, there should be an "Elite" drinks menu on the tables, which detail the specific drinks and wines that are offered. Perhaps not the finest wines, but definitely OK. You're not supposed to take beverages outside of the lounge, but this rule seems to depend on the cruise.

Just remember, on Celebrity, depending on the numbers, it's either the Elite Lounge or the vouchers. Not both.

Happy sailing!

PS> We don't drink soda pop, and rarely have alcohol during the day. But we do enjoy that evening glass or two of wine! For us, a beverage package is an unnecessary expense. Everyone will have their own priorities.

I will disagree with the last statement . With a very large # of Elite it is both the lounge and the tickets. I have experienced this a number of times and we always go to the lounge. Menus are out and servers working just like any other cruise

Xport: Thank you-for the clarification. On the Transatlantic for which I was citing, the Lounge was unavailable for the usual closings as well as some other nights, perhaps for private affairs? We just assumed the worst and gave up on it for that sailing.

Your clarification will certainly be additional help for the OP! And you've taught me that there's always more to learn!

So, to the folks asking about the Lounge, always refer back to the thread ... valuable info always updating.

Gold 1953: Thanks to you as well for your input. Additional proof that my experience with the blanket lounge closure during a busy Elite/Elite+ was an anomaly. This is valuable information for all. And proof that even well-intended posts (guilty) can be misleading!

Can the ticket vouchers be used for all types of drinks, alcoholic and non alcoholic (soda, water, and coffees)? Are you limited to choose alcohol based on a certain dollar amount?

We will be Elite status on our next cruise and are trying to decide if we need to purchase a drink package when neither of us are big drinkers. Thanks

The drink vouchers are not automatically given out but only on cruises where are there are an unusually large number of Elite's. We have never been given vouchers.,

Thank you all for your responses. We will be on the TA in the fall so I expect we will get the coupons. The menu of offerings helped make our decision to cancel the drink package. We will pay as we go...

• 4 weeks later...
The drink vouchers are not automatically given out but only on cruises where are there are an unusually large number of Elite's. We have never been given vouchers.,

We've only had drink vouchers one time, on the Infinity May 2017 San Diego to Vancouver. They were to be used in the Sky Lounge.

We've only had drink vouchers one time, on the Infinity May 2017 San Diego to Vancouver. They were to be used in the Sky Lounge.

This is done occasionally when there are too few to fill the sky lounge and they want to make the bar available to anyone. Alternatively, they sometimes section off part of the sky lounge and elites stay in one area and get drinks without vouchers.

We have experienced both....every cruise is different.

On our recent Reflection 11 night cruise there were a lot of Elites. The Reflection has a smaller capacity Sky Lounge than her sister S Class ships so we were given vouchers in addition to the Sky Lounge being open. Also, passed canapés we’re offered at the Passport and Ensemble Bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Procedures may be in transition. On the recent transatlantic on Eclipse (1100 Elites) and the current Eclipse cruise (800 Elites) there are three drinks loaded onto each Elite SeaPass card. They can be used from 5-7 pm in Sky, Ensemble, al Bacio, even the MDR, for the drinks regularly served at the Captain’s Club cocktail event. This may be the wave of the future....I would expect the paper coupons to be phased out soon.

Procedures may be in transition. On the recent transatlantic on Eclipse (1100 Elites) and the current Eclipse cruise (800 Elites) there are three drinks loaded onto each Elite SeaPass card. They can be used from 5-7 pm in Sky, Ensemble, al Bacio, even the MDR, for the drinks regularly served at the Captain’s Club cocktail event. This may be the wave of the future....I would expect the paper coupons to be phased out soon.

This was the same on the Silhouette TA. The.lounge was open, but the three drinks loaded on the card could be used anywhere except the World Class Bsr. We could get a drink in the theatre or dining room before 7 pm. The Sauvignon Blanc served in the dining room was superior to that served in the lounge.

The first night was the only time the drinks were not available.

First time Celebrity cruiser and Elite...where are the evening cocktail hours held on Eclipse and will I be able to order a "Lemon Drop" and what kind of appetizers do they offer?

First time Celebrity cruiser and Elite...where are the evening cocktail hours held on Eclipse and will I be able to order a "Lemon Drop" and what kind of appetizers do they offer?

Normally in the Sky Lounge. If vouchers are used it is most bars but the appetizers will only be in the Sky Lounge.

Yes you can order a lemon drop and will be charged for it unless you have a drink pack that includes it. It is not included in the happy hour drinks.

It is hard to describe or know what food they serve. The servers circulate around with a about 4 different things available. No forks or utensils, just tooth picks. Could be a meatball, cucumber slice with various toppings, tomato slice with cheese, etc. nothing to really get excited over. It isn’t a meal and not intended to be though some may want it to be.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Normally in the Sky Lounge. If vouchers are used it is most bars but the appetizers will only be in the Sky Lounge.

Yes you can order a lemon drop and will be charged for it unless you have a drink pack that includes it. It is not included in the happy hour drinks.

It is hard to describe or know what food they serve. The servers circulate around with a about 4 different things available. No forks or utensils, just tooth picks. Could be a meatball, cucumber slice with various toppings, tomato slice with cheese, etc. nothing to really get excited over. It isn’t a meal and not intended to be though some may want it to be.

Happy cruising

Yes I have the drink package...Just trying to figure this all out...so different than RCI with their lounges.

Thanks so much for your input.