Purchasing internet access...

Ohhhhhh, so you can't pre-purchase?

Do they publish the rates ahead of time?

No, you buy internet on board. You need to log in to purchase it.

Looks like you are on the Amsterdam and unless things have changed - it's internet charge is by the minute.

Packages - 100 minutes is $55, 1000 minutes is $250 and there are inbetween packages too, but I forget the pricing.

If you are using it to check email, log in, download and then log off. You can compose all your replies and then log in to send.

Hope this helps.

A quick search on the board would find lots of info.

$100 gets you 250 minutes, $175 (IIRC) gets you 500 minutes.

And others are correct, no buying in advance, only on board.

Thank you! Yes, I did search the boards but I was hoping to get the official HAL info as I didn't know it couldn't be purchased ahead of time.

Thank you! Wow, pricey!!

I actually had to cancel that trip last year due to a family emergency a few weeks before sailing. Have rescheduled for this year and will be on the Zaandam. Guess I need to change my sig :o

Just off Zaandam 3 weeks ago. I recommend you go stand or sit near the Future Cruise Consultant’s desk, There is a Wi-Fi connection there that worked really well for me. I was able to get intranet (slow) in my main deck cabin, but never tried intranet.

You might consider turning off all background updates and services so you don’t waste minutes on that. I emailed ( including pictures (not HD) and posted to my blog daily.

Most sessions online were under 5 minutes and I walked away leaving 50 minutes unused on a 14 day cruise.

Just off Zaandam 3 weeks ago. I recommend you go stand or sit near the Future Cruise Consultant’s desk, There is a Wi-Fi connection there that worked really well for me. I was able to get intranet (slow) in my main deck cabin, but never tried intranet.

You might consider turning off all background updates and services so you don’t waste minutes on that. I emailed ( including pictures (not HD) and posted to my blog daily.

Most sessions online were under 5 minutes and I walked away leaving 50 minutes unused on a 14 day cruise.

Thank you!! Will definitely check this out.

There are three internet packages available on the Westerdam: $14.99 for social media only, $24.99 for surfing with 300 mb/day limit, and $29.99 for streaming 500 mb/day limit. There are discounts for purchasing for the entire cruise.

See my "live from the Westerdam" thread for a review of my internet package ($24.99) later this week.

There are three internet packages available on the Westerdam: $14.99 for social media only, $24.99 for surfing with 300 mb/day limit, and $29.99 for streaming 500 mb/day limit. There are discounts for purchasing for the entire cruise.

See my "live from the Westerdam" thread for a review of my internet package ($24.99) later this week.

I’m so glad this wasn’t the pricing for Zaandam. I only needed email, and that was all I would use. To have to pay $25/ day to use email only is way too much. I would hold off until on land and use my AT & T Day Pass for all-you-can-eat data for $10/24 hours. And at that, if there are back to back port days, start the pass so it straddles both ports.

I’m so glad this wasn’t the pricing for Zaandam. I only needed email, and that was all I would use. To have to pay $25/ day to use email only is way too much. I would hold off until on land and use my AT & T Day Pass for all-you-can-eat data for $10/24 hours. And at that, if there are back to back port days, start the pass so it straddles both ports.

My four-day package was discounted to $59.99 for the $24.99/day.

These prices seem quite high.

We have a cruise coming up on the Eurodam and I was told the pricing was sold by minutes. I was wondering if there had been any changes. I hope so because I would like to be able to purchase the unlimited plans. Also, my daughter will want to FaceTime with her child. Will this be possible?

We have a cruise coming up on the Eurodam and I was told the pricing was sold by minutes. I was wondering if there had been any changes. I hope so because I would like to be able to purchase the unlimited plans. Also, my daughter will want to FaceTime with her child. Will this be possible?

Pricing seem to vary by ship. The $29,99/day package allows video streaming. Since I am not familiar with FaceTime, not sure if it is possible or not.

You can access the HAL site for free, so you can use that to test how the performance is at a given time. If it is bad (as is often the case) don't log on for

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops didn’t mean to reply

Sent from my iPhone using Forums