Best trip organizer that you've used

baxley

I use TripIt for everything. The only paper needed is the boarding pass (I cruise Carnival). Everything else is in TripIt. Easy to just email all of your confirmations to the app and it puts all of the information in for you. Very simple, and free. Nothing else requires paper.

Wow...thanks. I guess I need to get with the technology updates...and do away with carrying all those paper confirmations, etc. I'm going to check it out.

Yea, carrying a ton of paper confirmations is old school. You don't need paper for anything. I wish Carnival would hurry up and get on board with technology and do away with their paper boarding pass as well. When you book your hotels, flights, cruise, rental car, simply forward your confirmation emails to plans@tripit.com and within about 2 minutes all of the information will be in your TripIt app. It puts everything in a timeline for you, organizes it all. Very handy. I can't think of anything that would require a paper copy in 2018. I do print all of my confirmation emails as a pdf and have a folder for each cruise full of PDFs in my DropBox account so I can access them from anywhere, if needed. Never been needed before though. Worse case scenario if I needed them, I could pull up the pdf from any computer and print it.

An App on your phone?

I use TripCase

We used TripCase for a 7 week land vacation to Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands and it worked fine. Kept all our details, hotels, flights, excursions and tours, transfer service, etc.

Our TA had recommended it to us.

I am looking for something in which to keep my airline tickets, hotel reservations, boarding docs, tour reservations, etc organized. Thanks.

I keep the five or so pages in a manila folder which fills a zippered pocket on my carry on bag. Flight itineraries and reservation confirmation numbers are on duplicate 3X5 note cards distributed among our bags and persons, also with emergency numbers, contact numbers, and family telephone numbers and addresses. Contact numbers for airlines, hotels, car rental companies and cruise lines are in my flip phone. Yes, flip phone. Documents are also available on our notebooks and kindle.

Old school, but it is comforting to be able to pull out a printed confirmation on an 8 1/2 X 11 inch piece of paper for any snags at a rental car counter or hotel reception desk.

The 3X5 cards also have 911 numbers, airline numbers and credit/debit card contact numbers for any relevant foreign lands.

Yea, carrying a ton of paper confirmations is old school. You don't need paper for anything. I wish Carnival would hurry up and get on board with technology and do away with their paper boarding pass as well. When you book your hotels, flights, cruise, rental car, simply forward your confirmation emails to plans@tripit.com and within about 2 minutes all of the information will be in your TripIt app. It puts everything in a timeline for you, organizes it all. Very handy. I can't think of anything that would require a paper copy in 2018. I do print all of my confirmation emails as a pdf and have a folder for each cruise full of PDFs in my DropBox account so I can access them from anywhere, if needed. Never been needed before though. Worse case scenario if I needed them, I could pull up the pdf from any computer and print it.

FWIW I do exactly the same thing. Send emails to tripit and save a pdf copy in Dropbox

Wow, I guess that I am "old school"... I carry copies of all of my cruise docs, as well as excursion info, hotel reservations, ect in an 9X11 manila folder... Even more old school, I have 2 identical folders. One in my carry-on, and another in my main suitcase...

Nothing wrong with being old fashioned at all. Lots of people do it that way, whatever works best for them. Some people still have a landline phone, some people still buy CDs, shop in stores, whatever works for them. :cool: Nothing wrong with any of that.

We do a combination. DH goes "new school" with everything on his phone or tablet. I prefer "old school" with printed pages for everything in a plastic envelope folder (so nothing falls out.) We've needed it a couple of times when his phone has failed him. Sometimes redundancy is a good thing.

I use Tripit. I keep all my paper work in a folder that a kid would carry his homework to school. They are 25cent after school begins and come in all colors and designs. Use Mickey Mouse ones when we go to Disneyworld.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use TripIt for everything. The only paper needed is the boarding pass (I cruise Carnival). Everything else is in TripIt. Easy to just email all of your confirmations to the app and it puts all of the information in for you. Very simple, and free. Nothing else requires paper.

Haven’t been on Carnival in a couple years but back then PDF of boarding pass worked just fine. No paper for me.

Haven’t been on Carnival in a couple years but back then PDF of boarding pass worked just fine. No paper for me.

I'd always been under the impression you needed the paper copy and have since learned otherwise. I will print a paper copy as a backup next month but try using only the pdf. If that works then it'll be excellent. I won't have to take a single piece of paper on vacation with us any longer.

FWIW, Just went to purchase my Kensington Palace advance ticket and it starts they do not accept mobile tickets at this time, you have to have the printed ticket. So even though you are using Tripit, dropbox etc, it weren't hurt to double check and make sure that format is acceptible.

FWIW, Just went to purchase my Kensington Palace advance ticket and it starts they do not accept mobile tickets at this time, you have to have the printed ticket. So even though you are using Tripit, dropbox etc, it weren't hurt to double check and make sure that format is acceptible.

Understand what you are saying but too easy to work around.

E-mail to yourself and print at hotel.

One advantage of using a phone is that it also serves as a camera, map and communication tool in a small package. I have TripCase for confirmations but admit to taking screen shots for backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I’m really worried, I have screen shots of emails plus what’s in TripIt and sometimes texted to myself as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums