How important is "demographic"?

I'm pretty good with a general mix of all demographics. I don't think I've ever noticed one way or the other what age group was prevalent on the ships I've been on.

However, in general, I try to avoid travelling during times where the kids out-number the adults. So, Disney would probably be the only line I'd avoid.

We cruise to destinations on pretty much any ship that goes there. Mostly, we select our dates to avoid the screaming of rude kids. I love children but only if their parents are in control. Our biggest peeve is their constant running in front of us when walking in the DR holding our loaded plate and coffee and their pool activity. Age of our fellow cruisers is not a primary issue for either of us. She is 56 and I am a younger mind set 65 . We are people watchers and enjoy a good mix of age groups dancing to a wide variety of hard rock or doing the Fox Trot in the various lounge or watching the noisy drunk bores.

Larger ships are my pleasure as there are more locations to hide away but do enjoy the medium sized ships or river boats as well.

Party, drink, read, snooze, dance, banter, chit chat, or whatever is our fun, Just please manage your children

No red flags, we're there to enjoy each other. With that said, the greater the diversity across ages, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, professions, education level, etc. the better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Our desired demographic has changed as we have aged. But now, as retirees, we prefer cruises with a minimum number of children and young adults. Those goals are often achieved by simply booking longer cruises.

Hank

No red flags, we're there to enjoy each other. With that said, the greater the diversity across ages, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, professions, education level, etc. the better.

Could have written this myself. Spot on!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well said! What I enjoy the most is seeing people (regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, etc.) having a great time just like me!

There is definitely different demographics.

We have cruised March a lot...definitely more spring breakers in recent years. But I don't think we frequent the same areas as them on a ship, so they have not bothered us (but I have read some crazy reports)

DCL is definitely kid oriented; we found nightlife to be non-existent on our Xmas cruise. And ALWAYS LOTS of kids.

We won a cruise the week after Thanksgiving--WOW, that definitely upped the average age on the ship. We were mid-40s & felt VERY young. We met a couple in their early 30s & they were stunned. The 4 of us hung out a lot that week. And this was the Caribbean.

So, length, destination, time of year & price point will all very much affect the demographics.

You just have to decide--are you bothered if there are too many kids, spring breakers or older people?

Needless to say, have NEVER had a bad cruise!

Not a biggie for us. We tend to cruise during shoulder season and not during school/university vacation periods. Not through intention, just how it usually turns out.

We prefer a mixed demographic. Don't want to be in a school yard/day care but on the other hand we don't want to be in a retirement home environment either.