Aqua Class Blu Restaurant

billie bucks

And the best part is, you'll be next to different people every night. By the end of the cruise we are table hopping to talk to everyone we know.

Our experience exactly.

The tables are close enough you can just lean over and start up a conversation if your neighbors appear amenable

but please be respectful and understanding of those who are not amenable (or just not up to a new conversation that evening).

But are there actual share tables? Say for example...A table for 6!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are a few larger tables, but they're typically taken with groups of people who prebook the tables together with the maître d'.

But are there actual share tables? Say for example...A table for 6!

Do you have 6 people in your group, or just want to sit at a larger table? If you have a big group they may combine some tables. There are normally a couple of larger tables, but don't expect just to walk in a "join" a table for 6. IMHO

Most tables are for two. They will push them together for groups. They have several larger tables which they usually use for larger groups. On several evenings when it was very crowded we were given the option to sit at a shared table. I don’t think this is usual. Bob

We normally dine at the same time every night give or take 15 minutes. Over the course of 2-3 nights we have made dinner friends with people seated next to us & the host/hostess always made sure there were 2 tables next to each other so we could “dine together”.

This is our first time on Celebrity as we have always cruised with Azamara and Oceania. They both have open dinging and when e go to the dining room, we are asked if we want a table for 2 or a share table.

This is our first time on Celebrity as we have always cruised with Azamara and Oceania. They both have open dinging and when e go to the dining room, we are asked if we want a table for 2 or a share table

This is standard procedure in the main dining room with select seating. Blu is a bit different, as others have stated. Still, you’ll be able to converse with others as seating for couples are very close. I think Blu is worth the slightly different structure.

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to Celebrity!

This is our first time on Celebrity as we have always cruised with Azamara and Oceania. They both have open dinging and when e go to the dining room, we are asked if we want a table for 2 or a share table.

That is how it works in the MDR. As others have posted, BLU is different. There are tables for 2, 4, 6, however, they are for parties arriving together.

That being said, we met the nicest people in BLU because in 9 out of 10 times you get to talk to the people sitting next to you. And since BLU is much quieter than the MDR you can actually talk to them... Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

As noted, the larger tables are for groups dining together every night or planning to arrive together for one meal ( pre arrangement possible)

For very large groups they usually set up a long banquet style table in the rear...making that area of the dining room a bit noisier ...

If you want to join others try your roll call or let the maitre d know you would not mind sharing..,.but no guarantee you can be accomodated.

Several years ago on Infinity, we tried Aqua class, just because. We like traditional dining, early seating. Infinity had at least three tables that would seat 6-8. We found that if we waited until about 7pm, most of the two tops would be filled, and the maitre d' would be delighted to seat us with others at a larger table. EM