Loyalty Programs

rabbit72

I think I already know this answer but have been on Princess, Carnival, & booked on HAL any chance their loyalty programs will be combined at some point since theyre all Carnival Corp?

Nope. Each brand has it's own program.

However, if you've cruised Princess, the first time you cruise HAL, they give you one star mariner status (without the number of days) for booking any mariner prices (if there is one for the cruise you pick).

Absolute zero chance. It has been stated on here in the past that for Carnival Corporation to gain government approval to acquire such a large number of formerly independent (and independently traded) lines it was required for each line to maintain its own separate loyalty program. I don't know if that is entirely true, but Princess and P&O used to have one loyalty program (along with the now defunct Sitmar) but separated them when Carnival acquired both after the deal to purchase only Princess Cruises morphed into the purchase of the entire P&O group.

Absolute zero chance. It has been stated on here in the past that for Carnival Corporation to gain government approval to acquire such a large number of formerly independent (and independently traded) lines it was required for each line to maintain its own separate loyalty program. I don't know if that is entirely true, but Princess and P&O used to have one loyalty program (along with the now defunct Sitmar) but separated them when Carnival acquired both after the deal to purchase only Princess Cruises morphed into the purchase of the entire P&O group.

P&O used to accept Princess' points after the Carnival acquisition- our first P&O points were from Princess, in 2007- but P&O has now stopped that. Princess was still accepting P&O points until fairly recently, but I believe the word has gone round that that may be stopping.

No. The only cruise line that I am aware of the offer reciprocal benefits for their customers cruising on each other's lines is RCI between RCI, Celebrity and Azamara. The points earned with each remain with the cruise line you are booked on, but they offer reciprocal benefits when sailing on each that are loyalty tier based. Nice option which we enjoy with them.

P&O used to accept Princess' points after the Carnival acquisition- our first P&O points were from Princess, in 2007- but P&O has now stopped that. Princess was still accepting P&O points until fairly recently, but I believe the word has gone round that that may be stopping.

Princess stopped accepting P&O points in December 2017 for new cruises. We got ours in Feb 2018 as we booked before Dec 2017.