What is the most disgusting thing you have seen fellow passengers do?

More stories from other cruises but just wondering??

Short story is big dude drinking heavily and in the hot tub for hours and hours. We all wondered how he was able to drink so much and not leave the hot tub for a bathroom break (you figure it out)

Needless to say we didn’t use that hot tub

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My comments are not assumptions. I have seen the removal of used dishes, soiled table cloths, napkins and the resetting of the table without any indication of hand hygiene in between.

With regard to wiping your mouth with a napkin being just as dirty as blowing your nose into it, you must be joking. Gently pressing a napkin to ones mouth to wipe away any possible food is a far cry from blowing mucous from your nose into a napkin. Yes the mouth is dirty but I have yet to see anyone stuff a napkin into their dirty mouth and run it around inside. However, based on some of the behaviours indicated on this thread, that might very well be happening.

We're you talking to me or someone else?

Wow, I see them cleaning the railings constantly.

Yes, I do as well, on all the different cruise lines, however if what they are cleaning with is not a disinfectant, then all they are doing is polishing. Various forms of bacteria can live on inanimate objects for months.

Best bet is to refrain if possible from touching railings. Just watch all the Hand coughers running their germ laden hands on those railings. That goes for a lot of things but then I am a germaphobe. Use that Purell every chance you get!

My comments are not assumptions. I have seen the removal of used dishes, soiled table cloths, napkins and the resetting of the table without any indication of hand hygiene in between.

With regard to wiping your mouth with a napkin being just as dirty as blowing your nose into it, you must be joking. Gently pressing a napkin to ones mouth to wipe away any possible food is a far cry from blowing mucous from your nose into a napkin. Yes the mouth is dirty but I have yet to see anyone stuff a napkin into their dirty mouth and run it around inside. However, based on some of the behaviours indicated on this thread, that might very well be happening.

Sorry, following the thread and my response ended up here. Reply to pacruise804

I wonder why most hospitals use dryers rather than paper towels. I prefer towels, but understand why dryers are more practical for many businesses, especially ships.

Wow, where are these hospitals that use hand dryers?? As I mentioned earlier, I have never ever seen or heard of hospitals using hand dryers, in Canada. That goes against infection control standards in so many ways. Hand washing might seem like a simple matter but I can assure you that the majority of the population does not wash or sanitize their hands effectively. We conduct hand washing and hand sanitizing simulations using a solution that when applied to the hands and checked under a black light, reveals just how effective your technique is. This is in a health care setting where everyone knows how to wash or sanitize their hands right? Wrong. That is why we do it. Google Hand Hygiene and the World Health Organization.

After many many cruises many things come to mind. Obviously th we re are the folks who just can't keep their hands off of the food at buffet and insist on grabbing items.

On a HAL cruise recently, at buffet they serve first 2 days and there are no tongs, no one is to touch. Woman in line in front of me touches every chafing dish with here hands. I had the staff replace the entire station.

While we all see non toilet trained kids in pool, I saw a mom and grandmom change their baby's highly soiled diaper on a table in the Lido dinning room (near the buffet) How gross and selfish. We pointed this out to staff who "reprimanded" the parents. Father threatened us, unpleasantry for the rest if the week.

Guys who bring drinks into the mens room and rest them on the urinals, ugh. I always hope that dude w that drink doesn't show up at my dinner table

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Saw a lady with her 4 kids getting ice cream. Of course after they all get ice cream half of their ice cream is gone. So she says let’s top them off and them all stick their freshly licked cones all the way up to the thing that squirts out the ice cream. I mentally gagged and went to the other side to get ice cream.

After many many cruises many things come to mind. Obviously th we re are the folks who just can't keep their hands off of the food at buffet and insist on grabbing items.

On a HAL cruise recently, at buffet they serve first 2 days and there are no tongs, no one is to touch. Woman in line in front of me touches every chafing dish with here hands. I had the staff replace the entire station.

While we all see non toilet trained kids in pool, I saw a mom and grandmom change their baby's highly soiled diaper on a table in the Lido dinning room (near the buffet) How gross and selfish. We pointed this out to staff who "reprimanded" the parents. Father threatened us, unpleasantry for the rest if the week.

Guys who bring drinks into the mens room and rest them on the urinals, ugh. I always hope that dude w that drink doesn't show up at my dinner table

If he threatened you, you should have reported it because he could/would have been thrown off the ship.

I have no time for bullys and they should never be allowed to get away with it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Walking behind a group of older teen girls, who did not have on any beach coverups on, through the buffet/lido area digging their bikini bottoms out of their behinds with their thumbs. Just was not pleasant to see around food......

Saw a lady with her 4 kids getting ice cream. Of course after they all get ice cream half of their ice cream is gone. So she says let’s top them off and them all stick their freshly licked cones all the way up to the thing that squirts out the ice cream. I mentally gagged and went to the other side to get ice cream.

And then dumped the half-eaten cones in the beautiful plants inside the ship...saw it more than once on different cruise lines!

I once saw a man with large breasts, lift one up with one hand, and the other hand popped his boils. He then proceeded to smell his fingers and wipe the blood/puss on trunks. When he was done with both breasts, went in the pool.

How's that for ruining your pool time!

Heck with pool time. It's just about dinner time here, but I've lost my appetite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Why oh why do they let hillbillies and rednecks on cruise ships

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In using those terms, I hope you're not implying these types of behaviors are only seen in people from the south. The northern U.S. has them too.

-From a Yankee transplant

Originally posted by LuckyZ

Why oh why do they let hillbillies and rednecks on cruise ships

Most hillbillies and rednecks I know (and I know quite a few..and am related to quite a few of both) have better manners.

The behavior people have mentioned in this thread is done by people with no proper "home training" as my mamaw would've called it.

We pointed this out to staff who "reprimanded" the parents. Father threatened us, unpleasantry for the rest if the week.

Ha! One of those peons who has little more to his name than his self-respect, and he just got disrespected in front of his family. You may as well have lopped off his cojones.

I wonder how that sort of ...umm... person gets far enough ahead of the debt collector to afford a cruise?

Take comfort in the fact that you will be back for another cruise and Mr. Family Man will never get that one paid off :D!

I sat down in a Red Frog pub next to a very inebriated lady who decided I was going to be her best friend. She was telling me her tale of woe, crying about an argument with her partner, when her nose started to run copious amounts of mucus. I reached for some napkins for her, but she waved them off and used the bottom of her shirt instead. So not only did she then have boogersnot all over her, but she flashed us all. I signalled the bartender (crossing my eyes and mouthing HELP)who called security and they very discreetly and kindly helped her find her room. I went and showered as she was patting me and trying to cry on my shoulder. Maybe that was more pitiful than disgusting.

Most hillbillies and rednecks I know (and I know quite a few..and am related to quite a few of both) have better manners.

The behavior people have mentioned in this thread is done by people with no proper "home training" as my mamaw would've called it.

Yes! I agree. I also know hillbillies/rednecks (and I'm also related to some who others put in this category). Not only do they have better manners, they are much more considerate of others which is from proper "home training". I'd much rather cruise with hillbillies/rednecks who have manners/are considerate of others than the entitled "me first" types.

Yes! I agree. I also know hillbillies/rednecks (and I'm also related to some who others put in this category). Not only do they have better manners, they are much more considerate of others which is from proper "home training". I'd much rather cruise with hillbillies/rednecks who have manners/are considerate of others than the entitled "me first" types.
Very good answer.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Any way Just some thoughts from my germaphobe Cruising comrades and those who might want to stay healthy and avoid food Borne illness. Some rules that my family and I follow possibly overkill but we have never gotten ill.

Assume no one else on the ship washes their hands properly, Assume everyone else is carrying germs , and therefore Assume all surfaces And utensils that are not in your room are contaminated.

Try not to touch any surfaces such as handrails etc, if you must use a towel Piece of clothing To protect your hand, use an Elbow to press elevator buttons. If you touch surfaces with your hands wash as soon as possible.

When Washing hands use a clean towel cloth or paper to shut off the water and open the door, If no trash can drop the cloth on the floor.

Purell Does not kill a significant amount of bacteria nor those remove bacteria from your hands. It is insufficient and you should wash your hands prior to eating and Drinking (could use Purell after hand Washing).

What worries wash hands before dining in any venue, do not touch anything on your way to your table. Eating in the MDR or other sit down venues with service I would wash my hands after reding the menu.If sharing a table with those that are not in your party I Would wash again if I shook hands. I would also request a separate Breadbasket and butter And not eat from anything that was passed.

When eating at the buffet I wash my hands before sitting down after Handling tongs etc. Many times we take a Clean pool towel or several napkins and make a table cloth.

Never touch and uncovered table surface, Don't touch chairs , don't use salt and pepper Shakers that are on the Table, handled by many people, recently saw someone take the top of a sold sticker and stick his fingers inside.

We take several pool towels and cover all surfaces of deck chairs before sitting down.

I could go on but you get the drift .

Also regarding many people and their "bed behavior " I think for them It is a matter of entitlement, they are so important and can do whatever they want complete disregard for their neighbors.

Any way Just some thoughts from my germaphobe Cruising comrades and those who might want to stay healthy and avoid food Borne illness. Some rules that my family and I follow possibly overkill but we have never gotten ill.

Assume no one else on the ship washes their hands properly, Assume everyone else is carrying germs , and therefore Assume all surfaces And utensils that are not in your room are contaminated.

Try not to touch any surfaces such as handrails etc, if you must use a towel Piece of clothing To protect your hand, use an Elbow to press elevator buttons. If you touch surfaces with your hands wash as soon as possible.

When Washing hands use a clean towel cloth or paper to shut off the water and open the door, If no trash can drop the cloth on the floor.

Purell Does not kill a significant amount of bacteria nor those remove bacteria from your hands. It is insufficient and you should wash your hands prior to eating and Drinking (could use Purell after hand Washing).

What worries wash hands before dining in any venue, do not touch anything on your way to your table. Eating in the MDR or other sit down venues with service I would wash my hands after reding the menu.If sharing a table with those that are not in your party I Would wash again if I shook hands. I would also request a separate Breadbasket and butter And not eat from anything that was passed.

When eating at the buffet I wash my hands before sitting down after Handling tongs etc. Many times we take a Clean pool towel or several napkins and make a table cloth.

Never touch and uncovered table surface, Don't touch chairs , don't use salt and pepper Shakers that are on the Table, handled by many people, recently saw someone take the top of a sold sticker and stick his fingers inside.

We take several pool towels and cover all surfaces of deck chairs before sitting down.

I could go on but you get the drift .

Also regarding many people and their "bed behavior " I think for them It is a matter of entitlement, they are so important and can do whatever they want complete disregard for their neighbors.

Why not just stay home and become John Travolta from "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble." Also, if you wash your hands before sitting down at the buffet after handling tongs, as I made bold above, where do you put your tray of food while you're in the bathroom washing your hands? EDIT.....since you never touch an uncovered table surface, then I assume you only eat in the MDR on the two evenings that tablecloths come out.....and if you don't touch chairs, how do you get them to move so that you can sit down? Or do you just crouch down to eat and then stretch your legs in between courses at the uncovered table for your meals? Edited by SNJCruisers