Amuse-Bouche, live from the Muse, April 21-May 7, Port Everglades to Dublin

spinnaker2

Hi Mudhen,

For Traditional Irish music’ Sin e’

on 8 Coburg Street. Possibly evening music only but great atmosphere.

Also , Oliver Plunkett pub on 116 Oliver Plunkett St.

A nice place for food beside The Oliver Plunkett is Market Lane - they use produce from the English Market.

My personal favourite place to go in Cork is Kinsale. A small picturesque harbour village. Fishy Fishy is the place to go eat and pubs to visit are The Bulman, The Spaniard and an easy scenic walk on Compass Hill approximately 1/2 hour loop walk overlooking Kinsale Town and Harbour.

Hope this helps planning your trip.

Apologies for hijacking Thread Spinnaker2 :halo:

Thanks so much! Really appreciated that info....Sorry for the hijack, Spins....I'll be quiet now!

Linda

Just following this post as I’m joining The Muse in Lisbon on the 14th May. I hope you all have a lovely time in Ireland, it’s like winter today, cold and rain though it’s meant to improve for the weekend. Fingers crossed. Really enjoying reading all the posts.

The Arts Cafe is very crowded, it's a lovely relaxed venue with charm and personality.
Love that little place. We rarely make it up in time for breakfast, so always loved rolling out of our deck 8 suite and strolling into Arts for a little yogurt, pastry, and espresso.

We're excited they are adding Arts to the Spirit. And, when they build the Moon, we'd love to see them enlarge the space for Arts and relocate it to deck 5 by taking space away from the cavernous Dolce Vita.

b552efd8f37f437fcda9f2fd5671fec3.jpg

Last night we dined at the Grill.

The models were at the Grill too, but performing for the camera in their finery by the pool, as if it was a balmy tropical evening. We were in the background bundled up in blankets and heavy jackets. A stark contrast!

After finishing our dinner we headed off to the arts cafe to get some chocolate truffles.

We were the only ones there besides the crew. Apparently everyone was at dinner!

Sometime after one I awoke to light streaming into our suite, the moon was beaming through the broken cloud cover.

I grabbed my camera and tried to get some photos as the moon played tag with me, and I was trying to hold my camera steady through the swells.

The above photo gives you the flavor of the early morning moonlight.

Currently we are about 500 nautical miles from Ireland and 570 nm from Galway. We are on schedule at the moment. However, our body clocks are completely out of whack as we continue to turn the clocks ahead one hour.

It's cloudy and the seas are rough, according to the Captain. I concur.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The models were at the Grill too, but performing for the camera in their finery by the pool, as if it was a balmy tropical evening. We were in the background bundled up in blankets and heavy jackets. A stark contrast! Sometime after one I awoke to light streaming into our suite, the moon was beaming through the broken cloud cover. I grabbed my camera and tried to get some photos as the moon played tag with me, and I was trying to hold my camera steady through the swells. Currently we are about 500 nautical miles from Ireland and 570 nm from Galway. We are on schedule at the moment. However, our body clocks are completely out of whack as we continue to turn the clocks ahead one hour.

Appreciate these great, continued details, pictures and follow-ups from Candy. Keep it coming!! Would like to see some of pictures of these models at work. Are these models mostly ages 20's and 30's or do they look like us "middle aged" people and the more typical Silversea customers? Those models must be very good at "acting" to be having such challenging, cold weather and needing to appear to be enjoying it all under those kind of conditions.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Like an action movie...good thing they knew what they were doing!

Yes Jim Bob.

It was like an action movie and truly a gift for the passenger who was rescued, and whom we have heard is doing well.

To the question of tendering in Galway, affirmative.

Models are so emaciated looking it's not IMO, attractive. However the lore of photography or at least television, is that supposedly the camera adds ten pounds. Hmmmm. Still not enough.

Terry, the models do not look like the pax we are seeing aboard. That is not meant to denigrate those pax, it just means that the mystique of the body type that perhaps many aspire to, and that which the advertising is catering to, i.e., tall, very skinny, angular, no body fat and no grey hair.

Lunch today was in Atlantide and pleasant. The food was very good. Service was excellent. The venue is quiet and subdued. Perfect!

Every cruise has a vibe and this one is no exception.

Judging from the line to get in to see the Cruise Consultant, you may guess the general consensus of pax aboard this TA.

Spins,

Photo is stunning! What camera do you use?

Have you dined at Indochine on this crossing and have you noticed any menu changes?

Continue to enjoy your cruise. Thanks for the wonderful blog.

S

Thanks for the tendering info will be awaiting your arrival in the bay and hope the weather is bright and clear and sea smooths out. Please leave some wine for us to sample and could you say who is the sommelier?

thanks joe

Thanks for the photos.

There are several sommeliers aboard.

Kire is here as well.

Atlantide menu supposedly changes every seven days. I don't take photos of menus because I don't bring my camera to meals. I know La Terrazza never changes nor does the Grill or Hot Rocks.

Tonight we dined at the Grill. Chilly weather but the heaters definitely make a difference.

Then DH off for chocolate truffles.

Now we have another hour removed from our sleep repertoire.

Models are so emaciated looking it's not IMO, attractive. However the lore of photography or at least television, is that supposedly the camera adds ten pounds. Hmmmm. Still not enough. Terry, the models do not look like the pax we are seeing aboard. That is not meant to denigrate those pax, it just means that the mystique of the body type that perhaps many aspire to, and that which the advertising is catering to, i.e., tall, very skinny, angular, no body fat and no grey hair.

Great follow-up info from Candy. BUT, sadly, it seems that the chances and dreams of me having a career of modeling for Silversea ads has been totally destroyed. Gone!! On your listing of requirements, I start out well in being tall. But, those chances of being skinny with no body fat, having dark hair, etc., are not going to happen in the coming months. So sad for me, but good for their selling purposes in not having me included.

You mentioned: "Every cruise has a vibe and this one is no exception." Tell us more details and specifics as to what you mean about what that "vibe" is for this cruise.

Keep up the great and interesting sharing.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 38,452 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Dear Spinnaker 2

Thank you so much for the continuing detail of your TA crossing.

Having twice sailed on the Muse your descriptions of shipboard life can therefore be readily imagined.

I get cross when the SS publicity pictures fail to represent a true demographic. I once sailed with a young couple who were equally upset for the same reason, because those onboard were her parents' generation..

Hope the weather bucks up for you in the Emerald Isle.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

I will have to post about yesterday later as we are now arriving, in the fog, to Galway.

Did Spins and the folks on the ship bring that fog to Galway? Looking forward to reading more and seeing the many pictures from that charming part of Ireland. Keep up the good fun!!

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. Now at 20,307 views. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

7072a10c880a95be0a4c81cde20e6e7c.jpg

Cliffs of moher

Appreciate this super nice, above picture from Ireland by Spins/Candy. BUT, to be pushy, we want to see lots more from that stop, on the ship, etc. Hint! Hint!! Keep it coming. Looking lovely.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 56,033 views for these postings.

Sorry that I have been delinquent in posting but the number of hours in the day simply doesn't permit everything. Something has to go.

I now must begin the dreaded packing, because tomorrow is another very long excursion and the next day we disembark.

I will need to catch up on posting at another time.

Cruise first!