Amuse-Bouche, live from the Muse, April 21-May 7, Port Everglades to Dublin

spinnaker2

Sorry that I have been delinquent in posting but the number of hours in the day simply doesn't permit everything. Something has to go. I now must begin the dreaded packing, because tomorrow is another very long excursion and the next day we disembark. I will need to catch up on posting at another time. Cruise first!

You are "excused", kind of, maybe. We understand!!! BUT, the biggest shock is that your trans-Atlantic cruise is nearing its conclusion. Seems like it just started a few days ago. Yes, when you get back home, we hope you will be able to post and share much, much more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 38,521 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Absolutely cruise first Spins! Savour your last few days! Impatient followers will just have to bide their time! :) And safe travels home!

Totally agree with you M.....whilst l do admire those who post ‘live from’ it does take time out of ones cruise.

Enjoy the last moments Spins....😊

63a98afa9ce02b581c1369affcaf2a5e.jpg

The Ailwee caves.

I didn't go in but DH did. He had to stoop to go through.

I stayed outside and took photographs of the glorious day and landscape.

I thought the sign was a little strange.

54b7c3763d0584c655890ccce6773631.jpg

Looking out from the burren to Galway Bay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree with you M.....whilst l do admire those who post ‘live from’ it does take time out of ones cruise. Enjoy the last moments Spins....😊

Great sign, pictures and added details from Spins/Candy. Appreciate the wonderful comment and follow-up above from MissSophia. Yes, these "live from" postings take some time, but here is how it works for me. My wife likes to read her books as we have free time on the ship. That allows me to do some picture checking, uploading, CC postings, etc. I like the ship lectures, but don't always have time for trivia. It's all a matter of personal style and choice.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 200,754 views for this posting.

Beautiful pictures Spins and I never expect anyone to take time out of their cruise to post a live from........I have not done it years so no need to apologize for anything. It is YOUR CRUISE:D......after all.

Hi Spins, lovely pics and it is lovely that you are enjoying your trip so much.

I can tell you more about that sign that intrgued you. There was an iconic series in the UK called Father Ted about Irish Roman Catholic priests living on an island ("Craggy Island") which had quite a cult following. I found a few signs from the series including yours which was made for episode 1.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/father-ted-20---heres-5560965

https://www.google.com/search?q=father+ted&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

If you are ever able to view it you really should. The lead actor sadly died before more series could be made. We have viewed all episodes many, many times.

Thanks all for the comments. I will post as I am able. The Internet is fairly cooperative but the upload takes time.

Right now minutes are exquisitely scarce as our time aboard is running out.

I feel I am watching the sand trickle out in the hourglass cruise timer...not much left and I can't turn it over.

We are on our approach to Belfast.

We are enrobed in fog, once again the fog horns are announcing our presence. The sound is melancholy, fitting music for our last day aboard.

Dear Spinnaker 2

Thank you so much for your reports on your TA crossing and the lovely pictures to illustrate your words.

I know only too well, that if you are writing contemporaneously posting on CC, there are only so many hours in the day, not least taking into account the shorexes, some of which are all day, if it is an expedition cruise, you barely have time to breathe, and with so few days at sea, you are trying to catch your tail all the time which can be stressful and not conducive to a restful cruise - but then how many are there of us who manage this? I for one, need another cruise to recuperate!!

However again many thanks, I look forward to any updates, in the meantime, have a good last few hours on the Muse, hope that Ireland has shown you her sunny face, and all good wishes for your return home.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hello all.

A beautiful day as we sail into Dublin.

I will catch you all up when time permits as we are rushing to vacate the suite. A grueling day of travel ahead.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and kindness.

I wish all those who are coming aboard to enjoy everything the Muse has to offer!

Hello all. A beautiful day as we sail into Dublin. I will catch you all up when time permits as we are rushing to vacate the suite. A grueling day of travel ahead. Thanks for the words of encouragement and kindness. I wish all those who are coming aboard to enjoy everything the Muse has to offer!

Glad that you are having beautiful weather in Dublin. Sounds like you won't be able to spend any time there in that charming, historic and fun city. Appreciate your great postings, comments and follow-ups. YES, safe travels home in going back to South Florida.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 56,065 views for these postings.

We were with spinnaker2 most of the voyage—we boarded in New York. I, too, hoped post more often but lectures, naps, snacks, etc. kept getting in the way!

We had a wonderful trip! The crew was very accommodating and the food was excellent! We ate in all the venues except Hot Rocks, which isn’t really a practical outdoor venue in cool-to-cold weather. Our quibbles were minor and we gave many 10s on our questionnaire. The weather mostly cooperated, at least in Ireland, although it was a *very* rocky tender in Galway.

We truly enjoyed the food and entertainment in Silver Note. We had dinner there twice.

I’ll post a review in a couple days too.

I’m happy to answer questions people might have as well.

We had a wonderful trip! The crew was very accommodating and the food was excellent!

I’m happy to answer questions people might have as well.

Glad to hear from you Maine Cruiser and that your voyage was pleasant. Will look for your review in the coming days.

One quick question based on your signature, I'm doing my first river cruise this summer and on AMA Waterways which you sailed on. How would you compare AMA to Silversea? What suggestions would you have for a first time river cruiser so that I don't make any silly mistakes and enjoy my week on board to its fullest?

Glad to hear from you Maine Cruiser and that your voyage was pleasant. Will look for your review in the coming days.

One quick question based on your signature, I'm doing my first river cruise this summer and on AMA Waterways which you sailed on. How would you compare AMA to Silversea? What suggestions would you have for a first time river cruiser so that I don't make any silly mistakes and enjoy my week on board to its fullest?

Hi, if I may chime in? I have sailed once with AMA and once with SS (going on my 2nd SS in July). A River cruise is way different than an ocean cruise (even with the smaller/higher end SS). I LOVED both cruises.......I am just home for lunch right now but will be happy to give you more details this evening (if you want):)

Hello all.

A beautiful day as we sail into Dublin.

I will catch you all up when time permits as we are rushing to vacate the suite. A grueling day of travel ahead.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and kindness.

I wish all those who are coming aboard to enjoy everything the Muse has to offer!

SUPER exciting trip with great pics and 'spins' on all that was seen and done. I approve!

Dear Spinnaker 2

Do hope it wasn't too much of a rush to say goodbye to Silver Muse, and do hope you enjoyed her as much as I did.

Thank you for your posts and pictures, and do hope you had a safe and comfortable journey home.

Look forward to hearing from you again when you are on the "high seas".

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hi all

Thanks for welcoming us to Muse in Galway. The crew were superb and the food was great.

The stop in Belfast seemed to be the highlight (I only heard good reports) from both crew and guests pity we had to complete with the 3500 monster royal princess but at least the sin shone. Mostly we ate in Atlantide and service was very good but some tables were beside the walkway and it was difficult to talk quietly. and one night I saw some guests leave after waiting 30 mins for a table not very good.

Not sure Muse is for us much prefer whisper size

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Thanks for welcoming us to Muse in Galway. The crew were superb and the food was great.

The stop in Belfast seemed to be the highlight (I only heard good reports) from both crew and guests pity we had to complete with the 3500 monster royal princess but at least the sin shone. Mostly we ate in Atlantide and service was very good but some tables were beside the walkway and it was difficult to talk quietly. and one night I saw some guests leave after waiting 30 mins for a table not very good.

Not sure Muse is for us much prefer whisper size

Joe

9356af6c6bfcf96154beadc900d4d38d.jpg

When we first arrived in Ireland, of course we were greeted with a rainbow, an huge semicircle and I rushed to get a picture. It's not that clear, but I hope you can see it. I have had to try and highlight the photo.

I was told two things one shouldn't discuss in Ireland are rainbows and leprechauns. I took the rainbow as a welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9356af6c6bfcf96154beadc900d4d38d.jpg

When we first arrived in Ireland, of course we were greeted with a rainbow, an huge semicircle and I rushed to get a picture. It's not that clear, but I hope you can see it. I have had to try and highlight the photo.

I was told two things one shouldn't discuss in Ireland are rainbows and leprechauns. I took the rainbow as a welcome!

351c4cac58d885249c0014c48ebccf46.jpg

c702f941f308aef8558751c40acdbb20.jpg

fc24cb2bf14f975de7c915bca1ceb7ad.jpg

This was Galway.