Amuse-Bouche, live from the Muse, April 21-May 7, Port Everglades to Dublin

spinnaker2

There is no helipad per se. The helicopter hovers over the stern and lowers the basket. With the wind and fog and rough seas this was a challenge.

We weren't that close to shore but apparently with our come about and course towards Nantucket it was enough to be within the jurisdiction of the Coast Guard.

The basket rescue was executed perfectly and as the basket with its fragile contents was led aboard, a cheer went out from the crowd who were in Spannacopli observing. Likewise when the door closed and the helicopter took off all clapped and cheered.

The mood was upbeat that a rescue was done so well and all hopes were with the pax. Godspeed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no helipad per se. The helicopter hovers over the stern and lowers the basket. With the wind and fog and rough seas this was a challenge.

We weren't that close to shore but apparently with our come about and course towards Nantucket it was enough to be within the jurisdiction of the Coast Guard.

The basket rescue was executed perfectly and as the basket with its fragile contents was led aboard, a cheer went out from the crowd who were in Spannacopli observing. Likewise when the door closed and the helicopter took off all clapped and cheered.

The mood was upbeat that a rescue was done so well and all hopes were with the pax. Godspeed.

8db4493e6686b86bd6f6a29fd05586d8.jpg7e71c5ead88e88062aff52596436af16.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That must have been quite a thing to watch, with the crews of both vessels working together to solve what was clearly a dangerous but skillfully executed exercise.

Best wishes to the poorly passenger.... And to your continuing enjoyment of the Muse.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Hello Spinnakers 2, greetings from Silver Discoverer, just off Batanes Island, Philippines, tomorrow Salomague for Vigan.

Sorry to hear about the fog, and hope things have returned to normal.

Please give my regards to Paolo, Jimmy and Luke - tell him he cannot be a stranger to fog!!

Wish you calm seas, fair skies on my lovely Muse, having sailed on the inaugural trip in April 2017, and again on the Montreal to FLL cruise in September 2017.

Looking forward to hearing your continued reports all the way to the Emerald Isle. Unfortunately, our cruise comes to an end shortly in Manila.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hello Spinnakers 2, greetings from Silver Discoverer, just off Batanes Island, Philippines, tomorrow Salomague for Vigan.

Sorry to hear about the fog, and hope things have returned to normal.

Please give my regards to Paolo, Jimmy and Luke - tell him he cannot be a stranger to fog!!

Wish you calm seas, fair skies on my lovely Muse, having sailed on the inaugural trip in April 2017, and again on the Montreal to FLL cruise in September 2017.

Looking forward to hearing your continued reports all the way to the Emerald Isle. Unfortunately, our cruise comes to an end shortly in Manila.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Hello all and thanks. Will pass along regards.

Last night was a masterful liars club. Always fun and ridiculously silly too.

We enjoyed it immensely.

The sun rose and played tag with the ocean, at first it was glaringly bright and the waters were jeweled by its rays. The temperature was crisply cool.

Now it looks as if our trench coat, the fog, as if sensing we are a little cold, is creeping in slowly. And it's getting COLDER. The sun is working in overtime!

Looking to learn Greek, I sought out Katherina for Greek lessons, along with two other passengers. A sure bet is that I won't be facile in Greek any time soon, despite the efforts of Katherina. Greek is a difficult language to learn.

Then I ran to the food and cooking demonstration by Anne-Mari in the theatre. Lobster and chile ice cream. Not as a single course!

The meet and mingle was held today at noon in the Panaorama. Officers and representatives from Silversea were there to answer questions and of course tapas were offered along with drinks.

Pool surrounded by sun seekers at lunch.

Tonight is another formal night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cam,

The object in Liars Club is to determine who is telling the truth. A word, which is generally obscure, is given to the group of audience participants who are divided into teams. Then four masterful liars each give a presentation and define the word. The presentations are very droll and often silly, but one must determine who is defining the word truthfully.

The presenters are quite skilled at spinning a yarn, spiked with jokes.

At the conclusion of the presentations, each team casts a vote.

All for prize points!

But this is all after dinner and accompanied by drinks and it is lots of fun!

We are still pushing forward to St. John's at a speed of 18.2 knots. We will be arriving later than expected due to the medical emergency.

Rain is expected with a temperature in the 50s F.

The foghorn continues as visibility is nil.

Grey, dreary, muffling fog.

A few smokers visible out on deck via the pool deck camera. Otherwise the ship is quiet but for the occasional creaking noises in our suite and the sound of the waves being parted as we sail through.

We are still pushing forward to St. John's at a speed of 18.2 knots. We will be arriving later than expected due to the medical emergency. Rain is expected with a temperature in the 50s F. The foghorn continues as visibility is nil. Grey, dreary, muffling fog. ship is quiet but for the occasional creaking noises in our suite and the sound of the waves being parted as we sail through.

Appreciate these continued great posting, pictures, comments and follow-ups. Sorry on the fog, weather, etc. Here in Central Ohio and parts of the U.S., things are sunny and nicer. Any updates as to how the passenger taken off of the ship is doing? Plus, their family member (I assume) left on the ship after the helicopter removal of that one person.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 55,965 views for these postings.

Terry, I heard the pax in hospital and doing ok.

I have no idea about family. They were not medievaced.

The sun is trying to dry up the fog.

We are close to land but our fog horns continued blare.

Off to early trivia.

fe552cf919fd7e96c290e4a4a5812426.jpg

Now I know why it's so difficult to sail in to St. John's.

The channel called the Narrows is exactly that.

While we had been maneuvering through fog all morning, it suddenly lifted just as we approached St. John's. The sail in was beautiful, the weather mild and sunny.

And, that was short lived. The captain turned the ship around and we are facing out of the harbor. The fog is rolling in again, along with pouring rain and dropping temperatures.

But a few shots before the weather changed.

.54d98a4480a37d0f3e2d894dd5b7eee0.jpg

fe552cf919fd7e96c290e4a4a5812426.jpg

Now I know why it's so difficult to sail in to St. John's.

The channel called the Narrows is exactly that.

While we had been maneuvering through fog all morning, it suddenly lifted just as we approached St. John's. The sail in was beautiful, the weather mild and sunny.

And, that was short lived. The captain turned the ship around and we are facing out of the harbor. The fog is rolling in again, along with pouring rain and dropping temperatures.

But a few shots before the weather changed.

.54d98a4480a37d0f3e2d894dd5b7eee0.jpg

4c9c574e1c11167d6cbf600d5bad9dcb.jpg

I am not sure from your post if you stayed in St John or just left. It is a great place but a very tricky place. That was our first stop after leaving Queens Town on a West bound crossing a few years ago. When time to go came the band and pipes came and played but we stayed still, it was too windy to go out so we stayed the night.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Sorry about the double posts. That's weird. We were in St. John's briefly, late arrival around 2:30 and then sailed out at 10:00 pm.

Today, we have fog and -4 C or 25 F. Wind is 42 kts. Our speed is 15.4 kts.

Captain has taken a south easterly course, as if heading directly towards Seville, Spain.

Our balcony almost looks icey, but I can't open the door to find out.

We slept in and I sent DH to get coffee.

Brrrrrr.

4c9c574e1c11167d6cbf600d5bad9dcb.jpg

Wow -- I love this photograph! Beautiful colors and composition. Makes me want to go there :-)

Your descriptions of the fog have reminded me of my childhood in the San Francisco Bay. You are so right: fog does have a sound of its own. It softens and mutes, but at the same time makes the unseen all the more perilous. As you have noted, fog is beautiful in its own way, and then its absence makes the sunshine all the more glorious.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Edited by Unibok
typos