Amuse-Bouche, live from the Muse, April 21-May 7, Port Everglades to Dublin

spinnaker2

Just a note on the Internet.

It's a bit slow for the peons. But yes it is unlimited!

Uploading pictures not fast and frustrating.

At the moment we are off the coast parallel with Hilton Head Island.

We are expected to dock in NYC by 8 am Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a note on the Internet. It's a bit slow for the peons. But yes it is unlimited! Uploading pictures not fast and frustrating. At the moment we are off the coast parallel with Hilton Head Island. We are expected to dock in NYC by 8 am Tuesday.

Glad, Candy, to have caught up and see that you are off to a great start with your live/blog. Plus, several very nice pictures posted, too. Keep up the great sharing. Hopefully the weather works well for this exciting "adventure".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 38,282 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

The sunrise.

Another spectacular day aboard begins.

Trivia yesterday was the largest crowd ever, and teams were allowed nine players.

I would say from my observations that many teams were prearranged. The bingo session was just before trivia and most of the bingo players stayed on for trivia. Lots of extremely avid trivia players. This will be tough competition.

Dinner was with some cruise friends in La Terrazza. The place was totally packed by 7:30!

I am told that people were again waiting in line at 7 pm.

Company was convivial and food excellent, waitstaff very attentive.

DH asked for something special and Hermes, our terrific waiter, was able to make it happen.

The sunrise.

Another spectacular day aboard begins.

Trivia yesterday was the largest crowd ever, and teams were allowed nine players.

I would say from my observations that many teams were prearranged. The bingo session was just before trivia and most of the bingo players stayed on for trivia. Lots of extremely avid trivia players. This will be tough competition.

Dinner was with some cruise friends in La Terrazza. The place was totally packed by 7:30!

I am told that people were again waiting in line at 7 pm.

Company was convivial and food excellent, waitstaff very attentive.

DH asked for something special and Hermes, our terrific waiter, was able to make it happen.

Thanks for your reporting Spinnaker2, sounds like Jimmy’s Trivia is riveting as usual. Hope the crossing from NY is as good as ours was on the Wind. The only thing I don’t understand is this waiting in line? This is SS for goodness sake.

Thanks for your reporting Spinnaker2, sounds like Jimmy’s Trivia is riveting as usual.

Appreciate these added details, pictures and follow-ups. Is Jimmy the Cruise Director, Jimmy Kovel? He was our CD in July 2010 on the Silver Cloud going up and down the Norway coast to the top of Europe. Give him our greetings. He's wonderful. Right?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 224,441 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Is Jimmy the Cruise Director, Jimmy Kovel?
Yes, Jimmy rejoined the ship recently after spending the Christmas / New Year’s holiday at home for the first time in many, many years. I understand his trusty Assistant CD, Luke, is also onboard. We are thrilled as both should be on board during our June voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke is not here yet.

The effervescent Jimmy is here.

Paolo is here.

OMG so many other crew who are great to see and speak with.

The weather was warmer this morning.

As the day goes on, the temperature has dropped.

The sun is out but it is chilly.

We still have not had the meet and mingle, I totally forgot to ask this morning when I saw Jimmy.

Luke is not here yet.
Oops, my bad. I thought he had rejoined the ship when Jimmy did.

The weather was warmer this morning. As the day goes on, the temperature has dropped.

The sun is out but it is chilly.

The nasty low pressure system that brought us snow over the weekend is spinning over in the boot heel of Missouri at the moment spreading rain all the way into the Atlantic outside of southern North Carolina. The system will spread rain into New York Wednesday, so hopefully, you'll stay ahead of it.

Trivia set records for attendance.

And the crowds go wild for Jimmy.

Early to sleep for me to get up early for sail in to NYC.

Perhaps three couples in la dolce vita post dinner but la terrazza packed at 7 pm.

Hmmmm

The pilot boat came alongside about 4:15. I scrambled out of bed to watch and then realized I was too awake to go back to sleep. I could see lights along the shore.

Dressed, woke DH and headed up to the OBS. I secured two front row seats. Then tried to head up top.

The emergency door was stuck shut and no amount of muscle could unlock it. Many pax tried and eventually the engineer came and un stuck it.

Up to the top deck for an amazing sail into NYC. Eyes tearing and noses running, we all watched in awe as the sun rose and the buildings were illuminated in the golden light.

Lady Liberty guided us into the harbor with her robes of green and her torch, and we were mesmerized.

When I could stand the cold no longer, I went back inside and watched as the Muse gracefully wended her way to the dock.

Quite an uplifting and emotional experience.

As my ancestors came to this country by sailing here from Sweden and Greece, in the early 1900's, I tried to invoke their spirits as we arrived in Manhattan. I hope they heard me.

I had intended to post notes from THE MUSE CRUISE so will just tag along with Spinnaker's insightful comments.

My first time on this gorgeous new ship. I know there have been positive/negative opinions -- mine is open -- and it is different and a bit hard to get used to. I know it will grow on me. I do admire the sophisticated and muted soft color scheme. And the Venetian Lounge is a knockout..

Marco Sangiacomo is Captain, and Paolo and Jimmy are at their usual posts. Niki Sepsas is one of the destination lecturers - one of the best I've ever heard.

Service is a bit slow in the dining rooms....can't figure out whether it is lack of staff or experience. I don't like the crowded feeling in Atlantide -- it is dark and difficult for servers. I guess I'll get used to that too.

We have yet to have a Meet & Mingle but Jimmy says it will happen aft er New York guests board.

I must say the finishes, trim and quality of furniture in all areas are exceptional. Absolutely first rate.

And of course these observations are simply IMO. Stay tuned.

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

Quickie Question.....where are you docked? In Manhattan or over in Brooklyn(Red Hook) where the QM2 holds court?

We will be on the Spirit when she comes in after the TA in Sept.and wondered where we'll come in. Hopefully, Manhattan!