Amuse-Bouche, live from the Muse, April 21-May 7, Port Everglades to Dublin

spinnaker2

Yes, it's really cold.

Fog horn continues to sound.

Nil visibility.

Captain confirmed our southerly course due to avoidance of ice bergs. Yep, you are thinking correctly.

Reminiscent of another April crossing.

Fun lunch today in La Dolce Vita. Buffet set up and stations with food from other countries. As always, crew attentive, food good and conversation flowed.

Thanks all for the comments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have heard that pax aboard thought this was going to be a warm crossing and have tropical attire. They must be freezing. We still continue southeast course. Fog here, but sun struggles to burn it off. So far fog wins. At least we don't have rough seas.

I have heard that pax aboard thought this was going to be a warm crossing and have tropical attire. They must be freezing. We still continue southeast course. Fog here, but sun struggles to burn it off. So far fog wins. At least we don't have rough seas.

6244e5af25a8714fe52be9d5585742cb.jpg

Fog bank from yesterday...

Yes, it's really cold. Fog horn continues to sound. Nil visibility. Captain confirmed our southerly course due to avoidance of ice bergs. Yep, you are thinking correctly.

Wonderful continued pictures and details from Candy. COLD!!! That's chilly. Glad to be now in Central Ohio with sunny weather and 70'sF temperatures happening here this week. Look forward to your continued excellent sharing. More pictures!! We like all of the visuals. Keep it coming!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 38,431 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Wonderful continued pictures and details from Candy. COLD!!! That's chilly. Glad to be now in Central Ohio with sunny weather and 70'sF temperatures happening here this week. Look forward to your continued excellent sharing. More pictures!! We like all of the visuals. Keep it coming!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 38,431 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

6798edb5506ff9963d86efdb051abc43.jpg

The ships foghorn stopped between 3 and 5 am.

When we awoke it was actually somewhat sunny.

The seas were undulating with some whitecaps, and a pax reported many dolphins off the starboard side.

I didn't see them.

The weather has now deteriorated. The horizon is no longer clear, and perhaps it's the dreaded F as in fog moving in.

No matter the weather, life as we know it according to the Silver Muse, continues, which means, lots to do, drink and eat.

And sleeping in, snuggled in bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Flower making.

This was not for me, Christy, one of our fabulous international hostesses was the instructor.

I am not exacting enough for this, and I always want to go off the beaten path. 426d5647c1772013415eaa0380fd03a9.jpg

Then I ran off to Greek School. Ok. I am half Greek, but I think my ancestors were mortified as I couldn't even get the basics very well. Thanks to Katerina for her patience.

The next class which was well attended was cappuccino class. This I could do, because it involved watching. Russel did a fabulous job, artistry in foamed milk.9a67ba78e8ec35d5d12bc41a67cceada.jpg

1f4b45a16455aa6ea00a4dd1c30672ad.jpg

6644ceed92d3d59c6fa808663ee448c1.jpg

Since New York, we have had a cadre of models and film people, making commercials for Silversea. Today was the shoot of the pool. As we watched from our poolside tables in our parkas having lunch, the models went into the pool as if it was a sunny warm day.

The afternoon beckons, so much to do or not.

Thank you so much Spinnaker2 for another wonderful onboard report.

Travelling vicariously with you on the Muse.

Shame the weather hasn’t been as favourable as hoped, but delighted to see you are enjoying yourselves.

If you get a chance I would really appreciate a sample menu of lunch in Atlantide. Is it similar to what lunch was in The Restaurant? We are visiting Silver Spirit for lunch in Dublin when she arrives in June.

Also if it’s not too much trouble a photo of the New Indochine menu.

I’m not sure if it has changed since Les37b very kindly provided sample menu from when he was onboard.

We get on for a dinner and tour when you get off, and are really excited to see Muse.

We have no Cruise booked for this year so are extremely lucky to be fortunate to board our favourite Spirit and also Muse without leaving Home.

Your photos from your trips could be in National Geographic!

Enjoy the journey and hope the Atlantic

Yields better weather over the coming days.

Kindest Regards

Sakaara:)

Thought I would post a recommendation for 2 traditional Irish pubs in Galway for anyone without tours planned that would enjoy The Craic while wandering Galway city.

Tig Coili has great pints and Fantastic atmosphere. It has no Tv’s so great for conversation. Best pub for Trad Music but it starts at 6pm, and I’m not sure if Muse will have sailed by then.

The other is Tigh Neachtain a very old pub which my OH describes as a cross between a library and an old curiosity shop.

Thought I would post a recommendation for 2 traditional Irish pubs in Galway for anyone without tours planned that would enjoy The Craic while wandering Galway city.

Tig Coili has great pints and Fantastic atmosphere. It has no Tv’s so great for conversation. Best pub for Trad Music but it starts at 6pm, and I’m not sure if Muse will have sailed by then.

The other is Tigh Neachtain a very old pub which my OH describes as a cross between a library and an old curiosity shop.

Those sound wonderful!

Any recommendations for Cork/Cobh? I think we're just hoofing it around town so a traditional pub would be a great and wonderful thing (sorry to go off topic!)

Those sound wonderful!

Any recommendations for Cork/Cobh? I think we're just hoofing it around town so a traditional pub would be a great and wonderful thing (sorry to go off topic!)

Hi Mudhen,

Don’t miss The English Market.

I have a friend from Cork, I will ask her recommendations, and get back to you.

6f818deeb0f93029e51d8d72aa531ee1.jpg

Crisp and clear sunny day.

View from our verandah, we are on the starboard side and more mid ships.

Deck six.

When we booked this cruise awhile ago we wanted deck five but it was unavailable. I like to be close to the water and since this was a North Atlantic crossing, I wanted a lower deck in case of rough weather.

We are still getting some salt spray on six.

Seas a bit rough, waves rolling but the Muse takes it stride. We are cutting through the water with minimum motion.

Today there will be a fruhschoppen, German style lunch, in La Dolce Vita.

Many other activities to choose from as well, as is characteristic of a crossing.

The Arts Cafe is very crowded, it's a lovely relaxed venue with charm and personality.

Those sound wonderful!

Hi Mudhen,

For Traditional Irish music’ Sin e’

on 8 Coburg Street. Possibly evening music only but great atmosphere.

Also , Oliver Plunkett pub on 116 Oliver Plunkett St.

A nice place for food beside The Oliver Plunkett is Market Lane - they use produce from the English Market.

My personal favourite place to go in Cork is Kinsale. A small picturesque harbour village. Fishy Fishy is the place to go eat and pubs to visit are The Bulman, The Spaniard and an easy scenic walk on Compass Hill approximately 1/2 hour loop walk overlooking Kinsale Town and Harbour.

Hope this helps planning your trip.

Apologies for hijacking Thread Spinnaker2 :halo:

Ireland to bask in Sunshine this Bank Holiday weekend, with Temperatures to reach 19 degrees Celsius.

Met Eireann Ireland’s Forecaster predicts the weekend to be mainly dry.

A nice welcome for all arriving on the Muse.

Thanks for the recommendations Sakaara, we are in Galway on Tue 15th May on the Cloud and will certainly "look up" your recommendations. We do not sail 'till 11.00pm so should be able to experience the music