Lugage Valet

bellanova1

We just got off the Equinox April 15 in Miami and used the luggage valet service. Attached is the information from the ship, which also applies if docking Ft Lauderdale.

Note: there is a $25 per person charge from Celebrity for this service + whatever your airline charges for checked luggage. We were two people with only one suitcase so I questioned the per person charge. Celebrity then only charged us $25 instead of $50. They printed out our boarding passes (for both of us) and brought them to our room. So for anyone who has more people than luggage using this service, ask about having the $25 per person charge removed for passengers without a suitcase.

2wdps83.jpg.3e28030ad9cf60da579444a48b7fd7a0.jpg

2qn34mx.jpg.8cd3044153fd0c90b5b518393107a1d2.jpg

Yes it is available. We just got off the Equinox yesterday and used Luggage Valet for 3 suitcases to Philly. Worked great and well worth the extra cost. I would highly recommend it if you don't want to lug the suitcases around on your way home. Going to the ship I send the suitcases using Luggage Forward and they always arrive in the cabin on time, even on European cruises.

Celebrity charges $25/person plus the airline charge for bags, correct? What if one doesn’t have to pay for checked luggage?(we do not fly Southwest) Will Celebrity know this when they get the luggage tags?

Miami, Ft Lauderdale & Seattle cruises offer Luggage Valet

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did not have that option on recentsummit cruise out of ft Lauderdale, did it last year out of Miami on rccl , free perk on some suites

It is stated that luggage valet is available for domestic delta flights. This might be a stupid question, but:

if I have a domestic delta flight fll-jfk and then a connecting flight on the same ticket fll-fra does would this be considered international and therefore forbidden or could I still partake in the luggage valet program?

Tia sandra

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think anyone here can answer that. If it is something you think would be popular, write to Celebrity.

My own opinion is that Los Angeles would not have enough ships for it to be worthwhile for any contractor to set it up and offer it, keeping in mind that Celebrity is not the only company that offers such a program (I know Princess does, too, but I don't know from which ports.)

So what about this service in Seattle that the port pays for. Has anyone used it?

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2018-05/PortValet_2018RackCard_Final2.pdf

Yes - just did last Friday - worked perfectly. Put our bags out the night before disembarkation like normal, and didn't see them again until we picked them up at our home airport.

The process is simple - fill out a form with your reservation info (provided a few days before the end of the cruise). Then the day before disembarkation, you get boarding passes and special luggage tags.

Beware that security in Seattle can be really slow, unless you have TSAPre, which has a dedicated checkpoint (#4).

Yes - just did last Friday - worked perfectly. Put our bags out the night before disembarkation like normal, and didn't see them again until we picked them up at our home airport.

The process is simple - fill out a form with your reservation info (provided a few days before the end of the cruise). Then the day before disembarkation, you get boarding passes and special luggage tags.

Beware that security in Seattle can be really slow, unless you have TSAPre, which has a dedicated checkpoint (#4).

Thanks for the info.

Mkbruce did Celebrity charge for this? I see the port doesn’t but not sure about Celebrity?

Thanks

Mkbruce did Celebrity charge for this? I see the port doesn’t but not sure about Celebrity?

Thanks

No - this service is provided by the Port of Seattle, so Celebrity does not charge for it. You must still pay for any baggage check fees imposed by the airline, though. These charges, if any, are billed to your onboard account.