Last Minute Cruise

We're considering a September European cruise, but won't be able to decide until the middle of August. I'm monitoring availability on the cruise, and it looks like there still will be cabins to be had then, at least if you're not fussy (we're not).

But will we still be able to take advantage of Regent's included business class air if we book around 30 days out? Other than the understandable 100% cancellation penalty, are there any other things to be aware of when booking so close to sail date?

Air will not be available if you book within 30 days (that is cutoff). I wouldn't worry about dining reservations, just as easy to do onboard. Excursions might be a bit tougher but you should be able to get them onboard also (may have to waitlist at times).

Marc

My main concern would be not getting the cabin category that I'm interested in. How can you be sure in April that in mid August you'll find the availability ( based on what you see today)?

This would be my biggest worry, for us getting the cabin we want is really an important part of the cruise.

We're considering a September European cruise, but won't be able to decide until the middle of August. I'm monitoring availability on the cruise, and it looks like there still will be cabins to be had then, at least if you're not fussy (we're not).

But will we still be able to take advantage of Regent's included business class air if we book around 30 days out? Other than the understandable 100% cancellation penalty, are there any other things to be aware of when booking so close to sail date?

One thing that you may not be counting on is the offers made to passengers on cruises before and after your cruise. These offers tend to fill up the ships quickly. So, by the middle of August there may be no availability. What I would do is book the cruise now (not sure how long the cruise is - I would do this only if you were not in the penalty phase). Should you need to cancel, the cancellation fee will be credited to your next cruise. so you would have little to lose.