What broadway play?

George C

On 7/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I miss the days when I could ride on a train any hour of the night without fear of getting mugged or worse.

That's a shame.  I've been on the subway as early as 6AM and as late as just after Midnight this year.  In Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.  And never felt unsafe.  Nor has my wife.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nitemare said:

That's a shame.  I've been on the subway as early as 6AM and as late as just after Midnight this year.  In Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn.  And never felt unsafe.  Nor has my wife.

Not what is leading the daily news on TV lately. Does were the days long ago but times have changed.

7 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Were you on the L train ,the E or the A train ? Did you ride for 30 or more minutes ?

On 7/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Were you on the L train ,the E or the A train ? Did you ride for 30 or more minutes ?

Not sure which train goes from Coney Island to Canal Street, but definitely more than 30 minutes.  I did notice more masking the closer we got to Manhattan

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

Not what is leading the daily news on TV lately. Does were the days long ago but times have changed.

Fear sells.  Remember the old "If it bleeds, it leads" mantra of TV News?

3,000,000 people ride the NYC subways EVERY DAY.  99.99% of them experience zero harm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Not sure which train goes from Coney Island to Canal Street, but definitely more than 30 minutes.  I did notice more masking the closer we got to Manhattan

The L,E and A trains have very high rates of crime as the routes go through areas that are not safe.In the area that I resided in I would have to take the L ,E or A to get into Manhattan.I was mugged at knife point and gun point more than once.

3 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Fear sells.  Remember the old "If it bleeds, it leads" mantra of TV News?

3,000,000 people ride the NYC subways EVERY DAY.  99.99% of them experience zero harm.

Even if your statistic is correct (which I do not concede) that .01% of 3,000,000 means that you are stating that 300 people do experience harm.

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The L,E and A trains have very high rates of crime as the routes go through areas that are not safe.In the area that I resided in I would have to take the L ,E or A to get into Manhattan.I was mugged at knife point and gun point more than once.

How many decades ago was that? 

12 hours ago, Nitemare said:

N and Q..

Sea Beach and Brighton Line

59 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Ah, what memories. I hated when the named lines were replaced by letters. 

West End, Culver Line, Franklin Shuttle.. Fourth Avenue Line...a few more Sixth Avenue Line.....

• Like 1

Just now, Nitemare said:

Really?

Not hard to find these numbers

https://new.mta.info/coronavirus/ridership

21 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Even if your statistic is correct (which I do not concede) that .01% of 3,000,000 means that you are stating that 300 people do experience harm.

The point is the transit system is INCREDIBLY SAFE.  Safer than driving your car or going to many many other major cities in the US and around the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

The point is the transit system is INCREDIBLY SAFE.  Safer than driving your car or going to many many other major cities in the US and around the world

Unfortunately you have to live here and watch and read the daily news from various news sources. 

Again, unfortunately most of the crime posted is about those ground level. Last night 7 straight stories above ground. And several below ground not just crime that still addresses the SAFE factor. Numbers don't count the incidents not reported. 

So sorry for your observation from Boston but "You have to be here to Experience it". It's an EXTREMELY old transit system that they really can't keep up with. Sorry for the straight poop from a New Yorker......

6 hours ago, Nitemare said:

300 people a day (your low,  optimistic statistic) experiencing physical harm does NOT translate to “INCREDIBLY SAFE”.

Why does every Cruise Critic thread do this? There are 58 pages going back over 4 years. Almost all on the theater, occasionally music, and assorted restaurants. Arguments about the statistical safety of MTA are just going to result in arguments!

(You can download vehicular data from the NYPD. You really don't want to drive, ride a bike, or be a pedestrian in NYC if 300 a day is a bad number!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, markeb said:

Why does every Cruise Critic thread do this? There are 58 pages going back over 4 years. Almost all on the theater, occasionally music, and assorted restaurants. Arguments about the statistical safety of MTA are just going to result in arguments!

(You can download vehicular data from the NYPD. You really don't want to drive, ride a bike, or be a pedestrian in NYC if 300 a day is a bad number!)

We all know threads go in very different directions and I agree hopefully we will leave the subways and go back to broadway with some restaurants and hotels in the area thrown in . I appreciate all those who have added there thoughts on broadway and glad this thread is still alive . 

Back to "Old Broadway"....

Our favorite French Restaurant before shows is on French Row called Le Rivage.

We have been going there for Decades with wonderful dishes.

The family is very cordially from entering inside the Door.

One dish my Dad enjoyed Lobster Bisque, I enjoy the Country Pate, French Onion and too many entree's to mention....

• Like 1

Our favorite restaurant is Becco on restaurant row on 46th . We normally go there twice on all visits, they have a special wine list containing about 50 wines and everything on the list is 35 dollars ( when we started going here years ago everything was 25 on the list) there is a past special for 29 and you get a salad and 3 kinds of pasta with free refills. Went one time and we had a very young waitress and we told her there was a problem with our bottle of wine , it evaporated, she was concerned to about a minute then brought us a second bottle. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 2:21 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Back to "Old Broadway"....

Our favorite French Restaurant before shows is on French Row called Le Rivage.

We have been going there for Decades with wonderful dishes.

The family is very cordially from entering inside the Door.

One dish my Dad enjoyed Lobster Bisque, I enjoy the Country Pate, French Onion and too many entree's to mention....

Le Rivage is our favorite as well.We have been dining there many years.We have dined there more than any other Manhattan restaurant and always received a welcome from the owner if he was there when we dined.