EZ air schedule change: forced to take the less desirable flight

aprilsp88

I just had a flight change to a time not compliant with the Princess guidelines. I got the notification from the airlines. I went to my Personalizer and no change there yet, just a notification in red that there was a change that made me non-compliant and my flights would be updated.

I had a fantastic price for premium economy from SYD to the US east coast and did not want to lose that. Current pricing was DOUBLE what we had booked. Even main cabin was more than our PE fare.

I decided to take the initiative and called Princess. Unfortunately, our booked airline (Delta) had no later flights that day. With my consent, they moved us to the next day. Worth the price of another day in SYD to hold our fare.

Is it true, when the flight schedule change, and it's not compliant with the Princess guideline, they will change me to another flight, without my consent?
To be fair, in all cases where flight changes were made to our flights it has been done by the airline...not by eZAir. Having an email address on file with the airline will increase, but not guarantee, your chances of being notified when a flight change is made.

If you receive a notification or discover a flight change call the airline to request a more suitable flight. Some airlines will work with you, some won't. If you can't work something out with the airline contact eZAir to request assistance.

We just had a flight schedule change for our flights to Copenhagen for September. I didn't like the new schedule given us (wanted a longer layover time, for comfort), so I called Princess and selected a different one. Cost $10 more than the "free" change, but it was certainly worth it to get the routing/schedule we want.

In our case, I can't find any non-stop flight for that date, I found a better price for a one stop, but can't book it (the price stay the same for 2 weeks so doesn't seem like a price error), neither EZair (also from Princess), nore Princess, is willing to give me that price. They keep on telling me that means the flight is not available.

They just tell me I have flex air, after the schedule change, I can book whatever I want, with whatever the price.

Is it because I haven't paid my air?

It happened to us one time so we called princess and they changed to a better flight for us which also happened to be cheaper.

Micah's Grandad,

Did you see the same price in EZair booking app when you called princess? In another word, will you be able to book it by yourself if not calling princess? In my case I can't find any better air online.

Thanks,

April

If you do not like the results of a schedule change and there is a better option, call Princess. I have gotten changed to my choice.

Paul,

Was this before or after EZair payment? Is your changed air the same airline? In my case, they change me from UA direct to Alaska one stop, they told me only Alaska is "protected".

I just had a flight change to a time not compliant with the Princess guidelines. I got the notification from the airlines. I went to my Personalizer and no change there yet, just a notification in red that there was a change that made me non-compliant and my flights would be updated.

I had a fantastic price for premium economy from SYD to the US east coast and did not want to lose that. Current pricing was DOUBLE what we had booked. Even main cabin was more than our PE fare.

I decided to take the initiative and called Princess. Unfortunately, our booked airline (Delta) had no later flights that day. With my consent, they moved us to the next day. Worth the price of another day in SYD to hold our fare.

Diane,

Did you talk to Princess customer service, did they contact EZair for you? Were you able to see the next day flight in EZair and is the price the same?

I also talked to the princess customer service and ezair but they keep on telling me it's out of their control.

Have you already paid your air?

Thanks,

April

If your flight has been paid for and the airline changes the schedule, they have to move you to something that will work for you. They have done this for us at the same price, but not with the level of convenience we'd booked (like a direct flight suddenly had to have a layover.) Torked me off because we intentionally booked the non-stop, but they did get us to the ship on time.

If your flight has not been purchased yet, you have to talk to the EZ Air people. I honestly don't know what they do if your flight has been canceled. My guess is that what happens is you get stuck paying more...but I don't know that.

Ahh the joy of finding a cruise you want to go on and you get the cabin booked that you want. Next step is reserving your air transportation to the Port.

We go out in June to Alaska. We booked through EZ Air onto Delta flights. So, far we have received four (4) flight change notices. None of them caused us a real problem, but we are concerned that number five (5) will be a leg cancellation like what happen to the Wife's Sister.

The Sister then had to scramble to try and find suitable replacement because the Airline did not make an up front effort to provide a replacement. She finally made a reservation, a two leg trip instead of a direct flight from SMF to Atlanta, that cost her a 4 hour lay over in Atlanta to fly to Spain.

We are close to going and check our flights data every day to make sure we don't miss a change.

Bob

I'm new to EZ Air but I thought that using the Flexible fare option meant that your price was protected even if the cost of the flight went up or the flight was changed to a different flight. Is that not the case? I would gladly go ahead and "pay" for my booked flights now but booked under the current promo and my flights are free. I don't know how I can possibly "pay" for them to lock them in place!

Diane,

Did you talk to Princess customer service, did they contact EZair for you? Were you able to see the next day flight in EZair and is the price the same?

I also talked to the princess customer service and ezair but they keep on telling me it's out of their control.

Have you already paid your air?

Thanks,

April

I called Princess and they connected me to EZ Air. I could see the same flights for the next day in EZ Air but the price was NOT the same. The price was about 50% higher than we had originally booked.

The EZ Air rep said she had to check her Delta guidelines and then she moved me to next day, no problem, with our same good fair. New booking information went to my TA almost immediately.

No, our flight is September.

In our case, I can't find any non-stop flight for that date, I found a better price for a one stop, but can't book it (the price stay the same for 2 weeks so doesn't seem like a price error), neither EZair (also from Princess), nore Princess, is willing to give me that price. They keep on telling me that means the flight is not available.

They just tell me I have flex air, after the schedule change, I can book whatever I want, with whatever the price.

Is it because I haven't paid my air?

If I understand you correctly, you found a flight on the airline's website but not on the EZ Air site. Or you found it on the EZ Air site but at a different price?

As I see it you have two options. You can book directly with the airline to get that good price, or you can choose another option that displays on the EZ Air site.

If I understand you correctly, you found a flight on the airline's website but not on the EZ Air site. Or you found it on the EZ Air site but at a different price?

As I see it you have two options. You can book directly with the airline to get that good price, or you can choose another option that displays on the EZ Air site.

I found the good price on EZ air, just can't book it, always got an error asking me to call Princess. Was not able to book it 2 weeks ago, is not able to book it now. I see the good price all the time, just can't book. When I call Princess, they just tell me I can't book it. The price I see is not the real price.

I found the good price on EZ air, just can't book it, always got an error asking me to call Princess. Was not able to book it 2 weeks ago, is not able to book it now. I see the good price all the time, just can't book. When I call Princess, they just tell me I can't book it. The price I see is not the real price.

I had a similar isue and after emailing Princess it was resolved. I will not post a copy of that email here but if you are willing to share your email address I will copy it for you.

You can find my email address on my website. (see below).

Theo

Interesting. I admit this is new to me. Sorry I can't help you.