Le Petit Chef vs Qsine

johhnnyt

No more Lava Crab?

Yes, but not when Q’sine is hosting Le Petit Chef which we were told on Reflection would be chic nights only.

Best of both worlds, those who enjoy Q’sine haven’t lost it but those who like to try something new can!

Yes, but not when Q’sine is hosting Le Petit Chef which we were told on Reflection would be chic nights only.

Best of both worlds, those who enjoy Q’sine haven’t lost it but those who like to try something new can!

WonderMan3 has been posting the Daily's on his current sailing on the Reflection, and Qsine has been hosting Le Petit Chef every single night....looks like its become the permanent concept for Qsine.

WonderMan3 has been posting the Daily's on his current sailing on the Reflection, and Qsine has been hosting Le Petit Chef every night....looks like its now the current permanent concept for Qsine.

When we were on in March/April we were told it was every night for our cruise only. They had the manufacturer/designer on board and the aim was to iron out any glitches....

Perhaps there has been lots of demand on board and Celebrity are responding to requests...

When we were on in March/April we were told it was every night for our cruise only. They had the manufacturer/designer on board and the aim was to iron out any glitches....

Perhaps there has been lots of demand on board and Celebrity are responding to requests...

It should be interesting to see if the demand holds firm if the price does rise to the anticipated $55 per person.

We loved the previous Qsine concept and would be disappointed if gone for good.

It should be interesting to see if the demand holds firm if the price does rise to the anticipated $55 per person.

We loved the previous Qsine concept and would be disappointed if gone for good.

Agree about Qsine. I doubt I would pay $55 per person for Le Petit Chef. I might try it for $25.

Is it only on one ship right now?

Even with unlimited specialty dining when in a PH suite, I seldom ise it. Once pr twice, and I’m done. I ate in Sushi on 5 for the first time this past January....

I hope the option will be available on Silhouette in November. If so, I might give it a try.

WonderMan3 has been posting the Daily's on his current sailing on the Reflection, and Qsine has been hosting Le Petit Chef every single night....looks like its become the permanent concept for Qsine.

I just want to add that there are 2 seatings 1st and 2nd at 6:00 and 8:30 PM

Major thumbs up for the new concept

We got to enjoy at the new intro price and were quite impressed

They also indicated that there may be new shows in the future

All said we would even try it again on our December cruise

Just curious, Tom.....would you try it again at an extra charge of $55 per person?

Major thumbs up for the new concept

We got to enjoy at the new intro price and were quite impressed

They also indicated that there may be new shows in the future

All said we would even try it again on our December cruise

I felt the same way Tom. Tried it twice on out TA and enjoyed it both times. The 3d visual mapping of the meal is a unique concept. At first I thought it would be to gimmicky, but really in essence it gives them the ability to change the venue into any type of dining they want, and as others expressed it would keep it fresh.

Would I pay $55 for it, prob not. Generally though you can get a minimum of 25% off specialty dining just for asking, so for $35-40 well worth it, as long as the show is fresh and so is the menu

Hi Bo,

Good question. I assume they will. I think at this point they are just beta testing the concept. From my understanding this was only the second full cruise they tried it on. So I think once they get the mechanics of it down pat, they can easily add on extra menus, and adapt to anything. To me the beauty of it is that it's a clean palette, and they can make it any theme or design, just by changing the show elements and menu.

I really enjoyed the 3D visual mapping of the meal and learning from Le Petit Chef what ingredients went into each course. Like I said, I'm sure some people will complain "its just a movie" (usually without trying it), but thought it was well done.

They are doing it on all reflection cruises...the way it's being marketed sounds like it's the first time trying, we did it March 22nd cruise - wonderful experience, as long as you order from the left side of the menu, as the show is only programmed for that 5 course meal (still can

Not understand two (2) dessert course..a little much. We just felt it rushed, but the food, service was amazing. Not sure if I would pay the 55$ that they want to charge - we got it for 25$. They are testing it for the Edge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope it’s on our Med cruise in Sep on Silhouette. Is everyone seated on a long table all together or are there tables of like 2/4 etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tables were 2/4, but it's reservation only..perhaps they can accommodate larger tables, or at least group you in the same area. The projection system is over the tables :)

The plan on Reflection was to be Q’sine most nights with Le Petit Chef on Chic evenings.

That's good to know, We enjoyed Qsine, and would like to dine there again--but would also like to try Le Petit Chef.

Thanks for the info;

Absolutely no interest whatever in Petit Chef, particularly with the current exhibited menu! Qsine is/was a favourite of ours for lots of ingenious tapas style dishes and an absence of huge US style portions! Having opted for an "ordinary" balcony on Reflection next year with a speciality dining package (rather than Aqua), we are deeply disappointed that Qsine will not be there. It was one of the main reasons for our choices. It will still be OK but only if we can get the bookings we want in Murano. Tuscan menu also has little appeal, I'm afraid!

Still I can see how the limited menu at Petit Chef will keep waste down and profits up for Celebrity: particularly if they do put the price up to USD55. It seems Celebrity will have to work harder for our cruise dollar in future as there are other options out there!

They are doing it on all reflection cruises...the way it's being marketed sounds like it's the first time trying, we did it March 22nd cruise - wonderful experience, as long as you order from the left side of the menu, as the show is only programmed for that 5 course meal (still can

Not understand two (2) dessert course..a little much. We just felt it rushed, but the food, service was amazing. Not sure if I would pay the 55$ that they want to charge - we got it for 25$. They are testing it for the Edge.

You say the “ show” is only programed for the left hand side menu but presumably it is still shown in-front of anyone who is having the menu on the right too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting that there is confusion over whether Le Petit Chef has replaced Qsine entirely. I emailed Speciality Dining a few weeks ago to query it for our sailing in September and was told...

''Qsine is still available, the Le Petit Chef is not replacing it''.

Somehow, I'm not sure they've got it right!

Absolutely no interest whatever in Petit Chef, particularly with the current exhibited menu! Qsine is/was a favourite of ours for lots of ingenious tapas style dishes and an absence of huge US style portions! Having opted for an "ordinary" balcony on Reflection next year with a speciality dining package (rather than Aqua), we are deeply disappointed that Qsine will not be there. It was one of the main reasons for our choices. It will still be OK but only if we can get the bookings we want in Murano. Tuscan menu also has little appeal, I'm afraid!

Still I can see how the limited menu at Petit Chef will keep waste down and profits up for Celebrity: particularly if they do put the price up to USD55. It seems Celebrity will have to work harder for our cruise dollar in future as there are other options out there!

It appears from the other posts that Qsine will only change to Le Petit Chef on certain nights only.

It appears from the other posts that Qsine will only change to Le Petit Chef on certain nights only.

I don't think that is true. My understanding is although it's only being implemented on RF currently, plan is to phase out Qsine in its former format, and replace it with Qsine-Le Petit Chef since the former Qsine-Ipad version wasn't really generating the return visits/revenue that they had hoped

Have have not been following along with the Edge build, but will there be a Qsine on Edge?

Yes, they are using the RF to test the concept. I'm sure on Edge it will be called something different, but will use the same virtual mapping 3d technology to showcase the meal

Interesting that there is confusion over whether Le Petit Chef has replaced Qsine entirely. I emailed Speciality Dining a few weeks ago to query it for our sailing in September and was told...

''Qsine is still available, the Le Petit Chef is not replacing it''.

Somehow, I'm not sure they've got it right!

Interesting, I telephoned shore side and was told that story. Then I pointed out what the Celebrity Todays were showing for the TA. After some delay shore side offered to follow up with colleagues and get back to me. I got an email (so that bit was good service) but it said Petit Chef was replacing Qsine completely (at least on Reflection). Maybe no-one at Celebrity has a clue what is going on?! Would we be surprised?

On our last Caribbean cruise we were in Aqua but dined in Qsine on the first night. They were trying hard all through the cruise to flog speciality dining but we weren't interested since we like Blu. It is true that Qsine was pretty empty but nowhere near as empty as Tuscan Grill!

If you go to youtube and type in Le Petit Chef, you can see videos going back to 2015 from the developer and some restaurants which have instituted this. It appears that as of now, the present show is the only show. I look at it as a fun evening but also a one-and-done at $55, since the menu will be fixed for the time being.

Chicagopaul has just posted a YouTube video of the entire Le Petit Chef performance that he took on his just completed Reflection TA. Its really very entertaining....

Paul did a remarkable job capturing the entire event. Apparently each person gets their own tiny "chef."