Le Petit Chef vs Qsine

johhnnyt

Wonderman3, who is currently sailing on the Reflection, just reported that Le Petit Chef has in fact gone up to 55USD per person. He doesn't plan on going, so can't report on how well its doing at this price.

Personally, with its very limited menu, I don't think it warrants a price higher than Murano. I just checked and LPC is still not available for advance booking either separate or in a dining package on our June 8th sailing. Unless it is available as part of a discounted package when we board the ship, we'll probably skip it and spend an extra night at Murano.

Sam

I find it a little weird that they charge $55 per person for such a limited menu. Maybe it's worth it for some people due to the "show" aspect of it. I guess we would have to try it before we judge.

I agree with you on the bouillabaisse and the lobster. For the life of me I cannot get over how / why so many people go crazy for lobster. The lobster on the ship, most of the time is just okay. Living all my life in New England I know good lobster, and even good lobster doesn't really do anything for me. I mean I will eat it but I'd rather have an incredible filet mignon and a great chocolate mousse.

and there you go..... I will never order a steak out. Easiest thing in the world to make at home, if you buy good meat.

Different strokes. Makes life interesting.

I find it a little weird that they charge $55 per person for such a limited menu. Maybe it's worth it for some people due to the "show" aspect of it. I guess we would have to try it before we judge.

I think the show element is the only 'justification' for the cost, although that is subjective.

I haven't heard any great praise for the food, although I'm sure it's appropriate, but it doesn't seem to stand out.

While the show aspect of it may be entertaining and novel, DH and I really enjoy a quiet, elegantly served meal if we're paying a premium for specialty dining. That said, the limited menu of LPC combined with the "cutesy" presentation is not in the least appealing, especially for more dollars than Murano. I know others will disagree. Choices are wonderful things.:)

and there you go..... I will never order a steak out. Easiest thing in the world to make at home, if you buy good meat.

Different strokes. Makes life interesting.

Lobster is easy also. Throw it in boiling salted water and cook depending weight.

If steak is so easy why did I have to send back my dinner twice in Tuscan Grill (will never go there again). I asked for medium well and the brought me medium rare almost raw in the middle. Just Saturday we went to The Capital Grille and I ordered medium well, came out medium and my DH ordered medium and it came out too rare in the center for even my husband to eat.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Just off Silhouette today & Qsine staff said it was their last cruise as Qsine & they were moving to LPC from today's sailing. They were practising during the last cruise.

So disappointed to hear this! We are sailing on Silhouette in March and I was hoping that we would be able to squeeze in the last of Qsine before the change.

We have unlimited specialty dining and have no plans to visit LPC...the gimmicky concept and limited menu don't appeal to any of us. Farewell Qsine! Off to the restaurant graveyard with our other favorite, Bistro on 5 :(

Lobster is easy also. Throw it in boiling salted water and cook depending weight.

If steak is so easy why did I have to send back my dinner twice in Tuscan Grill (will never go there again). I asked for medium well and the brought me medium rare almost raw in the middle. Just Saturday we went to The Capital Grille and I ordered medium well, came out medium and my DH ordered medium and it came out too rare in the center for even my husband to eat.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Slightly off topic, but we were at a Capital Grille last night (split a steak) and the waiter was very clear that medium was a hot pink center and medium rare is a warm red, and that's exactly what it was. In fact when DH said warm red, he said, OK medium rare.

Just off Silhouette today & Qsine staff said it was their last cruise as Qsine & they were moving to LPC from today's sailing. They were practising during the last cruise.

I am so hoping that by my cruise in January, LPC will have run it's course as an every night thing, as I don't think anyone here has ever said they'd go a second time.

I've been to Q'sine once, and was hoping to go back to try different things.

I am so hoping that by my cruise in January, LPC will have run it's course as an every night thing, as I don't think anyone here has ever said they'd go a second time.

I've been to Qsine once, and was hoping to go back to try different things.

My wife and I really enjoyed Qsine, and while we might go to LPC once for the novelty of it, I can't see us going twice (on one cruise or multiple cruises). I too hope Celebrity brings back Qsine, or something similar. LPC is gimmicky, and paying $55 for a gimmick (rather than special food) seems like a waste. I'm not sure what motivated Celebrity to do this, but it seems very wrongheaded to me. The "tests" seemed to be aimed at making sure the technical details of the LPC animation worked, rather than gauging the reaction of customers.

LPC is gimmicky, and paying $55 for a gimmick (rather than special food) seems like a waste. I'm not sure what motivated Celebrity to do this, but it seems very wrongheaded to me.

Costs way less money for them, plus enables them to sell 'unique' attractions to new customers, instead of just speciality restaurants.

LPC is gimmicky, and paying $55 for a gimmick (rather than special food) seems like a waste. I'm not sure what motivated Celebrity to do this, but it seems very wrongheaded to me. The "tests" seemed to be aimed at making sure the technical details of the LPC animation worked, rather than gauging the reaction of customers.

This concept is as irrational to DH and I as is the removal of the Ocean Liners/Murano restaurants from M class ships. It also makes no sense that reportedly there will be no Murano on Edge.

This concept is as irrational to DH and I as is the removal of the Ocean Liners/Murano restaurants from M class ships. It also makes no sense that reportedly there will be no Murano on Edge.

Murano is very good but it is not on every Celebrity ship. I also do miss the special and unique M-Class restaurants like Ocean Liners that you mention. But change happens. Why would you expect Murano on Edge which has a lot of new dining choices to offer and none of the restaurants found currently on S-Class or M-Class ships? So it actually makes sense that Murano is not on Edge from that perspective I guess.

Murano is very good but it is not on every Celebrity ship. I also do miss the special and unique M-Class restaurants like Ocean Liners that you mention. But change happens. Why would you expect Murano on Edge which has a lot of new dining choices to offer and none of the restaurants found currently on S-Class or M-Class ships? So it actually makes sense that Murano is not on Edge from that perspective I guess.

New ideas bring progress and of course the world changes. Sadly for us change isn't always for the better. We rarely cruise on M class ships anymore and we loved them, but since there are no longer specialty restaurants we enjoy on those ships, when we do sail them we ship specialty dining altogether. The jury is obviously still out on whether or not we'll care for the Edge options. I guess we'll have to look at the reviews, menus, and try it ourselves to see. Right now we think Edge prices are too high (just like Solstice prices were when they we the newest ships in the fleet). We have no need to be the first aboard. There are lots of cruising options out there from which to choose.

Interesting, LPC is the first specialty restaurant that we want to visit. There is plenty of fine dining around but this is different and sounds like fun. We are in a suite so will not be paying $55/person but think that air could be worth it for dinner and a "show".

Boarding the Infinity in 3 hours and will try to remember to report back after we have dined in LPC.

Note: We are Regent cruisers - first time on Celebrity!

I tried it and enjoyed it but I wouldn't hurry back. It was cute but I felt like a robot. Here's the show...eat this now, here's another video, eat this now and no messing around because the next video starts soon. Here's the dessert now clear out for the next showing.

To me it seems like an expensive one time novelty.

The food in the best cruise ship restaurant is never going to be as good (for many reasons) as any number of land based restaurants. For that reason, it makes sense for Celebrity to promote unique culinary experiences like LPC that would be hard to find anywhere else.

The food in the best cruise ship restaurant is never going to be as good (for many reasons) as any number of land based restaurants. For that reason, it makes sense for Celebrity to promote unique culinary experiences like LPC that would be hard to find anywhere else.

Murano runs a lot of land restaurants close.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, does everyone eat the same thing at the same time? How many meal sittings are there each night? Should I make a reservation at home before we leave or is it safe to do it on board? Really disappointed that I didn't get to try Q-sine. But I don't want to miss this.

Another question...Should we go to Tuscan Grill...yay or nay? Our cruise is in November...5 nights on Infinity.

So, does everyone eat the same thing at the same time? How many meal sittings are there each night? Should I make a reservation at home before we leave or is it safe to do it on board? Really disappointed that I didn't get to try Q-sine. But I don't want to miss this.

Another question...Should we go to Tuscan Grill...yay or nay? Our cruise is in November...5 nights on Infinity.

Yes, everyone eats the same thing at the same time except the ones who order the alternative menu. They eat at the same time but their food does not co-ordinate with the video. There are two seatings.

Tuscan Grill definitely worth a try. We loved it.