Le Petit Chef vs Qsine

johhnnyt

I just spoke with someone at Celebrity and was advised that LPC can't be included in any dining packages, and its "currently not intended" for it to be discounted. So, $55US is the price, at least for now. I will check it out on our June Reflection sailing. At $55 we will certainly pass.

We just returned from our June Reflection sailing. Contrary to what I was previously told by Celebrity customer support, LPC was included in all specialty dining packages. Everyone in our group bought the 4-night package for $125 each, bringing down the price to $31.25 for each venue. So we gave LPC a try. The animation was fantastic, yes, but the food was not. Overall, we felt the food was better in the MDR! And for the same price, the food in the other venues, especially Murano, was so much better there really is no comparison. But for the price, we're glad we tried it, just for the entertainment value. Had we spent the full price of $55, we would have been very disappointed. Not only was the food nothing special, we felt rushed to finish each course as everyone has to finish the same time before they can roll the next animation installment. And they have to clear the room before the next seating.

Would we go again....no way...once and done for sure.

I think the key to Celebrity's success of this venture is finding new cruisers who want (and will pay for) a different experience. I doubt that many will try it twice, even on different cruises unless they change the A/V presentations and perhaps the meals as well. Having seen the video that someone posted, it's unlikely that we will even try it once unless offered a significant discount (BOGO).

We just returned from our June Reflection sailing. Contrary to what I was previously told by Celebrity customer support, LPC was included in all specialty dining packages. Everyone in our group bought the 4-night package for $125 each, bringing down the price to $31.25 for each venue. So we gave LPC a try. The animation was fantastic, yes, but the food was not. Overall, we felt the food was better in the MDR! And for the same price, the food in the other venues, especially Murano, was so much better there really is no comparison. But for the price, we're glad we tried it, just for the entertainment value. Had we spent the full price of $55, we would have been very disappointed. Not only was the food nothing special, we felt rushed to finish each course as everyone has to finish the same time before they can roll the next animation installment. And they have to clear the room before the next seating.

Would we go again....no way...once and done for sure.

Sammy1 - so was qsine even an option on any night or was it all LPC?

I just looked at the specialty dining for my cruise in January (Eclipse) and no Qsine. (No LPC listed either). I'm bummed - we went on the Reflection last year and had a blast - I figure I've got at least 63 of the 65 pounds of food there left to try.

My only hope is that within a few months, they'll notice that nobody is going back and either drop it, or move it back to Evening Chic nights only.

Maybe something better then Qsine will replace it.

Sammy1 - so was qsine even an option on any night or was it all LPC?

On the Reflection, the former eclectic style of Qsine is totally replaced by LPC. Its a little confusing as LPC is the current format but provided in the Qsine dining room, and the waiters all still wear Qsine uniforms.

I should add to my previous post that the ship was really pushing hard to get people to buy into LPC, posting Qsine waiters at the entrance to the Oceanview buffet at almost every meal, and even more walking around the tables to promote the concept. To us it was over-kill and likely counter-productive.

Sam

I just looked at the specialty dining for my cruise in January (Eclipse) and no Qsine. (No LPC listed either). I'm bummed - we went on the Reflection last year and had a blast - I figure I've got at least 63 of the 65 pounds of food there left to try.

My only hope is that within a few months, they'll notice that nobody is going back and either drop it, or move it back to Evening Chic nights only.

Maybe something better then Qsine will replace it.

We're quite bummed too. We loved the previous Qsine concept and will miss it. There are detractors, as you may have noticed, but different strokes for different folks.

On our just-completed Reflection cruise, neither concept was listed online, but once on the ship LPC was heavily promoted, and available in any dining package.

LPC is gradually being rolled out to the entire Celebrity fleet, but I understand not yet on the Millennium. We're hoping they'll wait until Millie's major refit next year and have the previous concept still available for us on our sailing this November.

Sammy1 - thanks so much for reply. We are really sad to see it go too. It was probably our favorite specially spot on board.

I just can’t understand attracting people to go there but once when they serve the same thing and play the same graphics each night. Really seems like a one and done experience.

Even if I wanted to try this, the fact that my options are to eat at 6 or 8:30 means I would not. That's why I have Select Dining for the MDR and any specialty restaurant reservations I make I can choose a time that works for me. Six is too early; Eight thirty is too late.

Is it a set menu? Or can everyone order what they want????? [emoji899]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was the menu on one ship. The one on the left matches the story being told in the animation. You can order the other, but it won't match the production.

I&DEb8=Om1.jpg

Here is another link that Gerelmx posted on another thread that may be helpful:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/thi...-chef-at-qsine

Here is a chart that will show you which ships have LPC and which ones are planned to have it.

enhance

This was the menu on one ship. The one on the left matches the story being told in the animation. You can order the other, but it won't match the production.

I&DEb8=Om1.jpg

Here is another link that Gerelmx posted on another thread that may be helpful:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/thi...-chef-at-qsine

Here is a chart that will show you which ships have LPC and which ones are planned to have it.

enhance

That's really helpful - thanks for the links!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...