Le Petit Chef vs Qsine

johhnnyt

5 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We've only done Petite Chef once, but I bet it is the same on every ship.  It was fun and the food was good, but not sure I'd want to repeat it.  Luckily we got a good price.  I wouldn't do it at full price.

I don't think it's the same show and food on every ship.

We did LPC on the Edge and it was the menu from below's screenshot from the app. What I've read about LPC on the other ships it seems they have different menus.

That would encourage repeat visits if you sail different ships. 

Screenshot_20190130-112752.jpg

We tried the Le Petit Chef for the first time in this cruise.  In our opinion it was very entertaining and the food was excellent.  We would recommend the experience. Of course I would not repeat the experience on the same cruise, but perhaps the next cruise.

Celebrity is apparently considering a different show/menu in an attempt to get repeat customers.  Maybe two or three different shows for different nights.

We have only been to the old Qsine once as we did not really care for it.  

On our Silhouette cruise in November all the specialty restaurants had people around the ship selling reduced price meals.  We had quite a lot of OBC to use and spent less than $90pp for three specialty restaurants.  In retrospect we should have booked more as the MDR menu didn't appeal many nights.

I feel for anyone who purchased full price (I hope no one) or even bought the package.  Maybe this was an anomaly, but it was much cheaper to book on board.  And we had no problem getting the times we wanted; however, we do like eating later and are flexible.

48 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

On our Silhouette cruise in November all the specialty restaurants had people around the ship selling reduced price meals.  We had quite a lot of OBC to use and spent less than $90pp for three specialty restaurants.  In retrospect we should have booked more as the MDR menu didn't appeal many nights.

I feel for anyone who purchased full price (I hope no one) or even bought the package.  Maybe this was an anomaly, but it was much cheaper to book on board.  And we had no problem getting the times we wanted; however, we do like eating later and are flexible.

Just returning to X after a couple of years, do the staff offer the discount or did you ask? How far into the cruise? Was your discount on a package or individually? We will be on Eclipse, which restaurants do you recommend? Thanks

We tried Le Petite Chef one of the first nights on our recent Reflection cruise. We’d done the previous Quisine back in April. Frankly we all enjoyed the Petite Chef food more and overall enjoyed the dining experience over Quisine. 

Food is a very subjective topic, of course. I just felt there were too many choices in Quisine.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, teamflames said:

Just returning to X after a couple of years, do the staff offer the discount or did you ask? How far into the cruise? Was your discount on a package or individually? We will be on Eclipse, which restaurants do you recommend? Thanks

We were on the Silhoutte in November.  The crew were usually stationed at a desk/station outside the buffet and did approach us with deals.  They may have been other places on the ship as well; didn't notice.  I approached them and asked about a deal for LPC.  They seemed very anxious to make bookings.  LPC was quite full when we ate there, the others not as much.

We ate at the Tuscan Grill, Murano and LPC.  The first two were offered at $25pp, LPC at $30.  All the meals were excellent.  I wish we had done the Lawn Club Grill as well, just didn't make it.  Since we had lots of OBC, it made the meals essentially 'free'.