Check your room cleanliness and press the issue

I recall another thread OP started giving us a heads up something was wrong but he wanted to give RCI time to respond. Evidently they didn't. Good grief, this is gross. I was on the Navigator just a little over a month ago and didn't notice if it was this bad (I'm sure DW and I would). From here on out, I'm going to be looking a lot closer when I get into my cabin for future cruises.

That’s disgusting! We wipe our rooms down every time but have never found one to be that dirty!

We were on the same cruise with you and our cabin was cleaner then normal but we did not check the air vents.

From wiping desk and baseboard area w my own wipes. That is hair and dirt. This is how management chooses to maintain their hotel facility.

e518fef53f52fff27b772f0f16a56d83.jpg

594da8c8b4788a9db7ad15c81825c510.jpg

79dbc18571d6ed082eea7c589e2017ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you reported all of this. It is very disgusting! I can't believe you are holding the ugly mass of dirt, hair and whatever with your bare hands though.

We were on the Navigator two years ago. We had previously done a transatlantic on her and had such s great time. But our last cruise with her was very disappointing. Our floor had a terrible sewer smell. Everyone noticed it. Our steward said they had cut back on everything in RCI including staff and supplies. The lido often was dirty. Windows were dirty. Carpet was dirty. Seemed no one was able to get to everything. We were just so disappointed. We are Diamond members so RCI used to be our favorite but we have since gone to HAL or Princess. So agree with you on not having to deal with issues like this while on vacation. I hope RCI begins right away to improve these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. I knew there was a reason I drank so much booze on vacation. I need the extra alcohol to kill the bacteria.

I travel for work as well. live in hotels 30 to 40 weeks a year. I see stuff, point it out and nine times out of ten it is dealt with promptly to my satisfaction. See in this is pretty gross.

JoeRum

From wiping desk and baseboard area w my own wipes. That is hair and dirt. This is how management chooses to maintain their hotel facility.

e518fef53f52fff27b772f0f16a56d83.jpg

594da8c8b4788a9db7ad15c81825c510.jpg

79dbc18571d6ed082eea7c589e2017ce.jpg

That last one looks like something that would be pulled out of the shower tray plug hole:eek:.The others are cringeworthy.

I recall another thread OP started giving us a heads up something was wrong but he wanted to give RCI time to respond. Evidently they didn't. Good grief, this is gross. I was on the Navigator just a little over a month ago and didn't notice if it was this bad (I'm sure DW and I would). From here on out, I'm going to be looking a lot closer when I get into my cabin for future cruises.

They did respond but no real explanation and what I was told verbally does not match what I received in writing with the FCC. Still trying to get that resolved.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I opened this thread.:evilsmile:

JC

Don’t know who that is or what that means but the ship has a Flowrider for your enjoyment [emoji106]

Don’t know who that is or what that means but the ship has a Flowrider for your enjoyment [emoji106]

She was a well-known poster, but the comparison is not apt.

Your issues are obviously totally true and accurate and not self-seeking.

One could hardly say that about Brenda. ;)

I suspect the disgusting pictures document the longer term results of the endless drive to reduce costs.

I now have to wonder how widespread this problem might be. Is it an isolated case? Or, do those with breathing issues have to reconsider booking?

Good for you for reporting it, give them an opportunity to correct the issues, and following up when they did not. Those pictures are just awful. I am not even remotely a clean freak, I don't wipe down cabins nor go looking for problems, but what you dealt with was way beyond.

Next cruise pull back the sheets on your bed. On Majesty there is NO MATTRESS COVER. You have 1 bottom sheet over mattress and are thus sleeping on an unprotected mattress. That is gross to me. On an Enchantment cruise the vent on fridge/cool box was just as filthy as the air vents you posted OP. This was in our cabin and the cabin of our friends next door. We went directly to head of housekeeping to report the dirty cabins. Also the carpet in the hall was beyond cleaning and needed to be replaced. I never thought to check the air vents but do check around furniture and at times find the filth shown in the photos. As we used to say in PA, "Give it a lick and a promise."

No wonder so many cruisers get ill while cruising and I don't believe someone brings the bug on board with them and shares their bug with hundreds of fellow cruisers as the crew would like us to believe.

I would’ve thought they’d move you to another room or upgraded you!!

Ship was sold out. No upgrades. Was offered a room in noisy location (under Windjammer); no reason to believe room would be any cleaner either.

That’s disgusting. Unfortunately probably not uncommon for cruise ship cabins and hotel rooms.

Must admit I have never noticed where the vents are. Is there a cover to be removed to see filter?

I suspect the disgusting pictures document the longer term results of the endless drive to reduce costs.

I now have to wonder how widespread this problem might be. Is it an isolated case? Or, do those with breathing issues have to reconsider booking?

Agree. Curtains were permanently stained. The sheer curtains looked to have coffee or ketchup stains. The backs of the blackout curtains had mildew spots. It really makes you question how clean the rest of guest areas are

Thanks OP, for the pictures.

The fact that the filter was so clogged, but then they tried to re-use the same filter after they knocked the dust off, makes the situation even more troubling.

Did either the HD or Corporate give you any indication of the standard maintenance cycle of the filters on the ships? Curious if Is this another cut back.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

Thanks OP, for the pictures.

The fact that the filter was so clogged, but then they tried to re-use the same filter after they knocked the dust off, makes the situation even more troubling.

Did either the HD or Corporate give you any indication of the standard maintenance cycle of the filters on the ships? Curious if Is this another cut back.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

They obviously have no program of scheduled preventive maintenance - those filters did not get like that in a few weeks.