Disembark at the latest?

Since we have a late afternoon flight vom Miami in December I am curious to know if HAL offers a longer stay on board possibilty? Say- with a nice luncheon in the Lido- and at what price does it come? Thank you so much for you help

No they don't. They want everyone off by about 9:30 or 10:00. They need to get everything ready for the next bunch of passengers.

They usually have some disembarkation excursions available , followed by a transfer to the airport. That might be your best bet.

Since we have a late afternoon flight vom Miami in December I am curious to know if HAL offers a longer stay on board possibilty? Say- with a nice luncheon in the Lido- and at what price does it come? Thank you so much for you help

Sorry to say no. Everyone must be off so that the new passengers are afforded the same privileges that you were afforded at the beginning of your sailing (lunch, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All passengers must be off the ship, except in some circumstances when there are many in-transit passengers in the Caribbean, before the cruise terminal gets permission from Customs & Border Patrol to open the doors for passengers to begin processing through Security.

When asked on your Disembarkation Preference form, choose the latest time available.

Everyone who i s leaving must be off the ship before they can begin to board on-coming guests. Those pax that are waiting, to board are just as eager as you and your group w ere the day you embarked. You could look into booking a 'day room' at on e of the nearby hotels in the 17th Street area Spend the day at their, p;ool, enjoying the hotel. , clean up and get to the Miami airport for your flight. Keep inmind it will be rush hourf when you need to go to airport.

Thank you so much for your help- i feared as much! Some lines are offering a package for those who want to extrend there stay on board!

sorry, deleted

Celebrity and Cunard- the last I am not sure- since there was no need for a longer stay with Cunard.

Celebrity offers late disembarkation in Europe and elsewhere, but never for US ports.

What is the Time Celebrity customarily begins to embark guests?

I suspect it might be somewhat later than H AL

Embarkation generally starts about the same time as HAL, but with Celebrity you don't get access to your cabin until 1:00pm or so. As a result, you need to lug around your carry on luggage for a while if you board early. Not a big deal, but one of the tick marks in the plus column for HAL is being able to board and go directly to your cabin.

Once, I was the last person to leave the ship. Immediately, the security person got on the walkie-talkie and announced that the ship was clear. It was not late, I just had lots of issues that needed to be resolved.

Jim

First time sailing with HAL just wondering what time you can arrive at port at FLL we sail at 5:00 Pm... also is it true you can stay in your cabin until your disembarkment time? :D

I haven’t cruised in awhile so my memory is a bit foggy. But I believe you can head to the port terminal and start checking in around 11am. If the ship is not ready, they will make you wait in the waiting area. Once you’re onboard, your room will be ready and you can hang out there or around the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time sailing with HAL just wondering what time you can arrive at port at FLL we sail at 5:00 Pm... also is it true you can stay in your cabin until your disembarkment time? :D

To answer your second question: Yes, HAL lets you stay in your cabin until your disembarkation time. Makes the final morning very civilized:D

The terminal doors will open to passengers as soon as the incoming ship has been cleared by Customs Border Patrol (after all passengers have left the ship or alternate measures for large groups remaining on the next cruise leg). This is usually a few minutes after 10:00 AM. Porters will accept luggage around 9:30 AM.

You can stay in your stateroom until the time you have selected on your Disembarkation Form that you will receive during the cruise. Latest departure time from the ship is 9:30 AM. This means a nice leisurely breakfast on your balcony if you wish.