Royal Caribbean world cruise?

I just love Royal Caribbean and hope at some point they would do a world cruise. Or at least some grand voyages. At present, I only see one cruise for 21 days and that's it. And the odd re-positioning cruise.

Has anyone heard of any plans for Royal Caribbean to do any longer cruises in the near future?

Won’t happen. It’s not Royals target market. The best that you will get is a longer repositioning that you need to create yourself by putting together several cruises. The repositioning of Mariner this year was going to be 40+ days however it was shortened as they cancelled the last leg from Barcelona back to the US.

The Spectrum of the Seas is launching in 2019 and will need to go from the UK to China over 60+ days. The Jewel of the Seas is going to based in Dubai in 2019-2020 and you can combine the Suez transit with a med cruise before or after (or even just add on a Dubai cruise). The Explorer of the Seas is going from Australia to Florida in stages.

I think it is one of those things that if you want to do a world cruise with RCI it is going to have to be in stages over the course of several years. Although it won't be a "true" world cruise, at least financially it might be a bit more easy to do. I am contemplating doing it this way some day.

I did a 67 night cruise on the Radiance last year and will do almost as long on the Jewel next year.

Radiance: Australia, New Zealand, transpacific with French Polynesia, Hawaii, Alaska.

Jewel: Panama Canal, transatlantic, Greece & Croatia.

Not circumnavigation, but perhaps these itineraries would make you happy. They make me happy. ;)

I imagine you've done this, but check out other cruise lines. Many offer a World Cruise. Not cheap by any means, but if you compare cabin for cabin you may find it isn't all that much more than "piecing together" a number of RCCL cruises. Consider the luxury lines like Regent or Seabourn and you'll find that their smallest cabin equates to a JS on most RCCL ships. Also they're 100% inclusive. Even free laundry and medical on some World Cruises.

But you will have "sticker shock."

I did a 67 night cruise on the Radiance last year and will do almost as long on the Jewel next year.

Radiance: Australia, New Zealand, transpacific with French Polynesia, Hawaii, Alaska.

Jewel: Panama Canal, transatlantic, Greece & Croatia.

Not circumnavigation, but perhaps these itineraries would make you happy. They make me happy. ;)

and it afforded me the opportunity to share an amazing whale watching experience with you in Alaska. Ah the memories!!!

I just love Royal Caribbean and hope at some point they would do a world cruise. Or at least some grand voyages. At present, I only see one cruise for 21 days and that's it. And the odd re-positioning cruise.

Has anyone heard of any plans for Royal Caribbean to do any longer cruises in the near future?

Here you go, goldengirl:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/viking-s-ultimate-world-cruise-113-ports-in-245-days.html

I too would love a RCI world cruise.