BEWARE of the MOVE UP bidding!

Two days ago, we got the email and were offered to bid a minimum 1,000/pp for a Royal Suite and 1,000/pp for a Penthouse Suite.

This afternoon prices dropped making the cost to upgrade to a Royal Suite less than the minimum bid of 1k.

Also, we are in a Celebrity Suite and the cost for the total cruise dropped by $1,200. I bet, but don’t know for sure, the people that were given the option to upgrade to a celebrity Suite were overbidding from the start.

Maybe there are deals to be had but be very careful. You really have to be watching prices and know the price history for your particular sailing. Good thing we didn’t bite.

One more reason to stick with our inside and OV cabins. Far less stress and drama. ;)

But what if these reduce in price and you can get a Royal Suite for the price of IC ? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But what if these reduce in price and you can get a Royal Suite for the price of IC ? [emoji23]

But what are the chances? I am sure that someone will come on here and say they got an RS for an unbelievable price...remember, you need an email to bid...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But what are the chances? I am sure that someone will come on here and say they got an RS for an unbelievable price...remember, you need an email to bid...

I don’t expect an email- not special enough [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Two days ago, we got the email and were offered to bid a minimum 1,000/pp for a Royal Suite and 1,000/pp for a Penthouse Suite.

This afternoon prices dropped making the cost to upgrade to a Royal Suite less than the minimum bid of 1k.

Also, we are in a Celebrity Suite and the cost for the total cruise dropped by $1,200. I bet, but don’t know for sure, the people that were given the option to upgrade to a celebrity Suite were overbidding from the start.

Maybe there are deals to be had but be very careful. You really have to be watching prices and know the price history for your particular sailing. Good thing we didn’t bite.

What is the length of your sailing and are you before

or after final payment date?

If the bid ranges I was sent are any indication, we won't be seeing much bragging. Unlike NCL, who started this upgrade bidding concept, Celebrity doesn't appear to be offering much in the way of deals.

Celebrity has the Best Price Guarantee :

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

Well after final payment. Cruise is June 9. 7 night Eastern on the Equinox.

Thanks. Knowing the length of the cruise is important when trying to analyze whether $1,000 is a "deal" or not. Obviously, as you stated, it's no deal for a 7 night cruise. But if it were that price for a 14 night cruise...........

Celebrity has the Best Price Guarantee :

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

This has absolutely no relevance to the Celebrity Move Up email for bidding??? You obviously have no idea what this new program is about!

We have had good luck in the past by watching prices, and upgrading ourselves as the price came down after final payment. Celebrity has always allowed us to pay the difference between the new price and what we already paid for our current cabin. A lot of good deals are to be had for those who closely watch prices.

We have had good luck in the past by watching prices, and upgrading ourselves as the price came down after final payment. Celebrity has always allowed us to pay the difference between the new price and what we already paid for our current cabin. A lot of good deals are to be had for those who closely watch prices.

I called this week to get and idea of how much it would be to upgrade, only to be told that travel agents would be offered client upgrades at a later time. I took this to mean that I could not just purchase one.

I called this week to get and idea of how much it would be to upgrade, only to be told that travel agents would be offered client upgrades at a later time. I took this to mean that I could not just purchase one.

You can just check it on the Celebrity website. If there is a higher level cabin showing available and you are willing to pay the difference between that price and what you paid, I would say there was a miscommunication. If you used a TA then you can let them know you want to change or call Celebrity if you booked direct.

Since you called maybe they thought you were looking for a reduced rate to upgrade.

Good luck, either way.

I wonder if this means that because of the new ‘Move Up’ program, X will stop allowing upgrades (if pricing has dropped) after FP to existing bookings unless you have received a MoveUp email?

I wonder if this means that because of the new ‘Move Up’ program, X will stop allowing upgrades (if pricing has dropped) after FP to existing bookings unless you have received a MoveUp email?

That seems to be the in line with X “corporisation” :(

I just upgraded to a higher category due to price drop with no issues after FP. Just note the higher category was still a paid upgrade (meaning it was at a higher price than I paid for the original cabin I was upgrading from). I could be wrong but in past with Royal the upgrade still had to be at a higher cost to what you currently had to allow them to upgrade you....meaning that if the new higher category was at a lower cost then you needed to upgrade higher to something that increased the price to over what you already paid.

I am confused about this. Does it mean that if we booked up a year ago, like we did for our Baltic cruise in three weeks and the price has come down, Celebrity would either give us on board credit or upgrade us? We would not want to upgrade, but would not say no to some OBC!

I just upgraded to a higher category due to price drop with no issues after FP. Just note the higher category was still a paid upgrade (meaning it was at a higher price than I paid for the original cabin I was upgrading from). I could be wrong but in past with Royal the upgrade still had to be at a higher cost to what you currently had to allow them to upgrade you....meaning that if the new higher category was at a lower cost then you needed to upgrade higher to something that increased the price to over what you already paid.

You are correct. Celebrity's policy has been (and presumably hasn't changed). You can change cabin class after final payment as long as the new cabin costs at least $1 more than you have paid for your current cabin (note: I assume that non refundable fares would have a change charge applied in addition to whatever the difference in price. I also assume that you can't move from your non-refundable fare to a refundable fare or vice versa, even after the final payment date).

Current price of the cabin you have booked has no relevance in this transaction...it is the difference between what you paid and the price of the current cost of the new cabin.

I just read the information on the Celebrity website about the Moving Up program. Question for anyone who has upgraded: If we bid to move up to a Suite (which would include all four perks, and other benefits), will the price we paid for the Go Best package we bought with the original booking be refunded to us?

Yes, that is correct about it having to be a higher cost, but I wondered if X were going to phase it out with the new ‘MoveUp’ programme coming online? Expect they will wait and see how it works out?

I am confused about this. Does it mean that if we booked up a year ago, like we did for our Baltic cruise in three weeks and the price has come down, Celebrity would either give us on board credit or upgrade us? We would not want to upgrade, but would not say no to some OBC!

Depends if you booked in the U.K.? If so, no, usually you have to stay with what you paid and especially after FP and not wanting an actual upgrade. Even prior to FP, you would have to rebook and lose your deposit if you booked in the U.K.

I just read the information on the Celebrity website about the Moving Up program. Question for anyone who has upgraded: If we bid to move up to a Suite (which would include all four perks, and other benefits), will the price we paid for the Go Best package we bought with the original booking be refunded to us?

When I read the terms and conditions in the email, the move up program does not include any benefits at all. I also called the Captains Club to check. The Move Up does not include anything at all even for Suites.

So the answer is No. Your will not get refunded. Your package will stay. If you have the Go best currently it will stay. Whatever you have on reservation currently stays but nothing will be added. And, if you don't have any perks or obc on your reservation, you will not get any with the Move Up.

Suites don't always come with the Go Best. And, our current sailing, they are offering the Royal Suite and Penthouse suite for a discounted rate without any perks. I was surprised when I saw that. They really want to move those cabins.

Unfortunately, if your cruise is in three weeks, then I'm sorry you are out of luck like the rest of us. Our Celebrity Suite dropped 1,200 in a day. :mad:If there is a higher cabin available that is atleast $1 more, than you can call X to upgrade to that.

If you are before final payment, they will adjust the booking to the lower rate. Perks don't always carry over. When you make a change to a reservation, you are taking the rate with the current promotion or no promotion.

Where are you located? We sail in 34 days, and the Captains Club was willing to upgrade me to the Royal Suite for $800/pp. without any hesitation. I declined. I also received the move up email.

Not that Celebrity cares, but I called to tell them that I can upgrade to the Royal Suite for the current online pricing of $800/pp more with go best and my move up email was a starting bid of $1,000 more. Which they considered a weak bid.

Again, they don't care, but I wanted them to know that we are not stupid and their shenanigans are getting out of control.