15% Carnival gift cards back on Ebay

MBP1

This was posted in the other thread, but it looks like it might help some people here too. User bdever couldn't buy these cards when they were on sale last week. Here's what they did to get it to work and was able to buy them last night. I don't remember much about signing up for PayPal since it was years ago, but I do vaguely remember something about having to verify my card and/or bank account. Hope this helps.

Log into your PayPal account separately (in a separate browser tab) & avoid Google Chrome.

Go to your account settings and profile and make sure everything is current and correct. You may have to also contact the bank that your card is attached to PayPal with and make sure the card is verified. (I had to do this with my Wells Fargo Signature Card).

After updating your account settings in PayPal and verifying the transaction you want to make with the bank who issued your card you shouldn't have issues.

I called paypal and they won't allow the purchase through them as being tagged as suspicious. Guess I am out of luck!

I called and I'm out of luck too. Rep said that it was "out of my purchasing spectrum" and that I don't normally buy things like that. Told her it was disappointing because the seller is "PayPal Digital Gifts". It's unfortunate, but I'll guess I'll get over it.

Thanks and does anyone know how long are these good for or when they expire?
Typically, Carnival gift cards don't have an expiration date. With that said, I have seen a few people report that when they held onto them for a long time, then tried to use them, they wouldn't go through. When they contacted customer service, they were told that some cards, not all for some reason, when left unused over a period of time go inactive and have to be reactivated. Incidentally, I was cleaning out a drawer the other day and found a Gamestop gift card that I'd received from a survey site I used to participate in. It had to have been at least a year or two old. I went online to check the balance and got an error. I called their customer service and she said there is $25 on the card, but it's been marked inactive. All I had to do was go into a Gamestop store and they'd transfer the balance to a new card. So it does happen, and with gift cards other than Carnival.

Ok, thanks for that...How about an alert from PayPal suggesting a "suspicious" purchase requiring an authorization? I'll give it a few.....love these "deals", but can't be too careful having read about folks having unknowingly purchased fraudulant cards in the past...
Nothing wrong with being cautious. Many people have been getting notifications that it was a suspicious purchase/seller. A couple people have even been told by PayPal cust. service that PayPal Digital Gifts was fraudulent. I was leery too, so I researched it before purchasing these cards last week. PayPal Digital Gifts is owned by PayPal. It uses the same name/logo as PayPal itself. If it were fraudulent, that'd be trademark infringement. PayPal reps. have linked directly to the Digital Gifts website in the official PayPal Community forums. If you go to the Digital Gifts website and click on "Legal" at the bottom of the homepage, it links directly to PayPal's website and their legal information. Digital Gifts has been on ebay since 2014 and they have a 99.8% positive feedback rating out of over 443,000 feedback submissions. If they were fraudulent, they wouldn't have that kind of rating and would've been kicked off of ebay years ago. Also, Digital Gifts uses a "@paypal.com" email address in the emails we receive with the gift cards. It doesn't get much more legit than that.

Anyone else get this message about the gift cards:

We know you haven’t received all of yourorder from us yet – we’re sorry.

We’re working to fix the problem, but ifyou don’t receive your gift card(s) in the next 23 hours, please contact us.

Thanks for your patience,

PayPal Digital Gifts.

Anyone else get this message about the gift cards:

We know you haven’t received all of yourorder from us yet – we’re sorry.

We’re working to fix the problem' date=' but ifyou don’t receive your gift card(s) in the next 23 hours, please contact us.[/color']

Thanks for your patience,

PayPal Digital Gifts.

I think someone got something similar last night, but they eventually came. There's two threads running, so I'm losing track of who said what. LOL

Edited to add: Just went back and looked in the other thread. Yep, someone got that message last night. About 25 minutes later, they posted that the cards arrived in their inbox after they had contacted ebay to cancel. Not sure if trying to cancel had anything to do with the cards showing up though.

Thanks was able to snag 3 more loving this deal

Just for those wondering last week when I bought 3 of them it took about 4 hours or so to get them in my email so be patient if you don't get them immediatly

Typically, Carnival gift cards don't have an expiration date. With that said, I have seen a few people report that when they held onto them for a long time, then tried to use them, they wouldn't go through. When they contacted customer service, they were told that some cards, not all for some reason, when left unused over a period of time go inactive and have to be reactivated. Incidentally, I was cleaning out a drawer the other day and found a Gamestop gift card that I'd received from a survey site I used to participate in. It had to have been at least a year or two old. I went online to check the balance and got an error. I called their customer service and she said there is $25 on the card, but it's been marked inactive. All I had to do was go into a Gamestop store and they'd transfer the balance to a new card. So it does happen, and with gift cards other than Carnival.

Nothing wrong with being cautious. Many people have been getting notifications that it was a suspicious purchase/seller. A couple people have even been told by PayPal cust. service that PayPal Digital Gifts was fraudulent. I was leery too, so I researched it before purchasing these cards last week. PayPal Digital Gifts is owned by PayPal. It uses the same name/logo as PayPal itself. If it were fraudulent, that'd be trademark infringement. PayPal reps. have linked directly to the Digital Gifts website in the official PayPal Community forums. If you go to the Digital Gifts website and click on "Legal" at the bottom of the homepage, it links directly to PayPal's website and their legal information. Digital Gifts has been on ebay since 2014 and they have a 99.8% positive feedback rating out of over 443,000 feedback submissions. If they were fraudulent, they wouldn't have that kind of rating and would've been kicked off of ebay years ago. Also, Digital Gifts uses a "@paypal.com" email address in the emails we receive with the gift cards. It doesn't get much more legit than that.

Thanks OC for those details. I poked around some looking for some sign of validation and found it, that coupled with a number of folks on here and a FB group for our cruise next month purchasing them and applying them to cruise balances...Cheers...CruiseCash etc....I felt confident all would be good. I've received mine, checked balance and now just doing the...do I get Cheers or not thing!!

Someone last night in one of these threads had wondered if they were still going today, would the three card limit per account reset. I just tried...it was a no-go. :p

Thanks OC for those details. I poked around some looking for some sign of validation and found it, that coupled with a number of folks on here and a FB group for our cruise next month purchasing them and applying them to cruise balances...Cheers...CruiseCash etc....I felt confident all would be good. I've received mine, checked balance and now just doing the...do I get Cheers or not thing!!
Oh yeah, that's one thing I forgot to mention. When I bought them last week, I waited long enough and a few people started posting that they already bought some and applied them. I appreciate them being the guinea pigs. :D

Bought 3 last night, wouldn't let me purchase any more from my account. Went to purchase 3 from wife's account this morning and got the same paypal error everybody else is running into :(

Someone last night in one of these threads had wondered if they were still going today, would the three card limit per account reset. I just tried...it was a no-go. :p

Oh yeah, that's one thing I forgot to mention. When I bought them last week, I waited long enough and a few people started posting that they already bought some and applied them. I appreciate them being the guinea pigs. :D

Absolutely!! Beta testers always appreciated!!

I just got three and tried to get 10 however it said the limit was three. Has anyone ever gone back in and tried to again?

no way around it i've heard of other than separate ebay/paypal accounts or waiting for the limit reset which according to one analysis of this issue i read is generally 30 days.

no way around it i've heard of other than separate ebay/paypal accounts or waiting for the limit reset which according to one analysis of this issue i read is generally 30 days.

My wife and I each got 3.

But, for hers, she put in my email address as the recipient. So, I did get 6 delivered to my email box. Limit is 3 purchases per person, but I guess they don't regulate how many you can receive.

For those still waiting, both sets of cards came almost exactly 3 hours after they were purchased.

For those still waiting' date=' both sets of cards came almost exactly 3 hours after they were purchased.[/quote']

Mine were three hours after ordering this morning as well. I was slightly concerned as I was reading that many were getting them in 10 minutes and I was starting to think that it might be a tequila-required morning.

Mine were three hours after ordering this morning as well. I was slightly concerned as I was reading that many were getting them in 10 minutes and I was starting to think that it might be a tequila-required morning.

I just got an email that said:

We’reworking to fix the problem, but if you don’t receive your gift card(s) in thenext 23 hours, please contact us.

We’reworking to fix the problem, but if you don’t receive your gift card(s) in thenext 23 hours, please contact us.

My wife and I both got the same email.

Both of us got these emails 90 minutes after respective orders placed.

Both sets of cards came 3 hours after respective orders placed.

They sold some last Thursday. Same thing, limit of three. But that reset as soon as these went up for sale yesterday afternoon. You just have to wait until they sell out, then offer more. IF they offer more, that is.

In addition to PrincessArlena'sDad, I know of one other person who got that message last night and received the cards about 30 minutes later.

I got this message yesterday as well ... purchase made at 17:01 finally received all 3 cards at 20:00. I wish I’d gotten in on last weeks deal too as this is paying off the cheers program but perhaps we will get lucky again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums