Towels

No...don't pack any towels. There will be one for each person in your cabin. Use it on the ship or take with you on an excursion. Remember however, you lose it then you bought it for $25. Once you're done with it for the day, leave it in the sink in your bathroom and your steward will replace it with a new towel.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Just to expand a bit on the previous answer, for pool and shore excursion use, your room steward will place large, blue towels in your cabin on embarkation day. He/she will replace them as you need with clean ones. Obviously, the bathroom will have lots of white towels and wash cloths but those are only meant for in-cabin use.

You do not need to BYOT (bring your own towel) lol. There is more than enough bath towels in the room, and your cabin steward will also leave 1 big blue beach sized towel per person in your cabin. These are left for you to take ashore with you in port, upon returning to the ship you can toss you dirty/wet towel in a container and get a clean one to bring back to the room. Make sure you have the same number of towels that you started with on the last day, or you will be charged $25 per towel. While you are on the ship you do not have to bring the towels from the room to the pool, there is towel huts where you can sign out a towel and return it.

You do not need to, but we always travel with these:

https://www.amazon.com/Syourself-Microfiber-Sports-Travel-Carabiner/dp/B01KWIE67C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1525828411&sr=8-4&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel&dpID=51ULI4ViPYL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They take up no space, where 2 Carnival towels fill one beach bag. The micro fiber dries very quickly and super absorbent.

You do not need to BYOT (bring your own towel) lol. There is more than enough bath towels in the room, and your cabin steward will also leave 1 big blue beach sized towel per person in your cabin. These are left for you to take ashore with you in port, upon returning to the ship you can toss you dirty/wet towel in a container and get a clean one to bring back to the room. Make sure you have the same number of towels that you started with on the last day, or you will be charged $25 per towel. While you are on the ship you do not have to bring the towels from the room to the pool, there is towel huts where you can sign out a towel and return it.

You may also exchange your towel at the towel hut if you do bring it to the pool from your cabin (if you don't want to bring a wet towel back to your cabin).

When you return from an excursion or beach trip and re-board your ship, look around for a towel exchange. On some ships, you can turn in your used towel and get a fresh one before you get on the elevator.

https://www.amazon.com/Syourself-Microfiber-Sports-Travel-Carabiner/dp/B01KWIE67C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1525828411&sr=8-4&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel&dpID=51ULI4ViPYL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They take up no space, where 2 Carnival towels fill one beach bag. The micro fiber dries very quickly and super absorbent.

We do the same for excursions...they wring out almost dry and are so much lighter to carry than the thick Carnival towels.

I would use the towels they provide. They are good and get the job done. I have a family of 5 so packing towels add extra space and weight to luggage which I don't care for.

did you read my post or the one after yours, the micro fiber do not take up hardly any space

This is great, thanks!

No...don't pack any towels. There will be one for each person in your cabin. Use it on the ship or take with you on an excursion. Remember however, you lose it then you bought it for $25. Once you're done with it for the day, leave it in the sink in your bathroom and your steward will replace it with a new towel.

For some reason, a few days after we returned home from three of our last four cruises, a charge appeared on our credit card. Once it was $22. The next it was $44, then $22 again. Each time I called Carnival and asked what were the charges. I was told we were charged for unreturned blue towels. I explained that we always left our towels on the bathroom floor. I also asked the rep why would I take home a stained blue towel with holes and thread pulls. Each rep replied that made perfect sense. I heard typing and our cc was credited the appropriate amount. These only took about five minutes of my time and were resolved quickly and easily.

We tried an experiment on our last cruise in February. We exchanged wet towels for dry ones at the towel hut on the last night. We left the towels on the chair. Hmm, no extra charges.

This is our new routine from now on.

My wife and I used to bring our own beach towels, but use the ship's now. The way I figure it, we usually fly into our cruise-port, usually on Spirit. Packing two beach towels takes away a lot of valuable baggage space and would result in the need to purchase an additional carry-on to have enough space, two ways, at $30 each way, for a total of $60. Even if we do misplace a towel, and get charged the $25 for it, it still would save us money to use the ones provided by Carnival... and for the record, we haven't lost one yet :D

Hmm never heard of leaving them on the sink. We usually leave them on the floor.

All of the cruise lines provide towels for pool/beach. No need to bring them.

As far as leaving them on the floor...I never, ever throw stuff on the floor...it's messy, so I simply hang bath towels up, and they are still replaced! Pool towels I replace on the pool deck as needed. Simple to exchange towels.

We do this as well. Hated having to carry 2 bags for 5 big a$$ wet towels from port. :')

• 5 weeks later...

A question for those that use the microfiber towels. I've used them in a previous cruise and loved how small & lightweight they are and that the sand just falls off. Last time I washed them in the self serve laundry room. This cruise I will turn platinum so I will get free wash and fold service. Has anyone used the wash and fold service for the microfiber towels. I figure if I bring enough for two days we can sent a batch each day we return from port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums