Exclusive: Royal Caribbean to Introduce All-Suite Complex on Next Cruise Ship

I assumed that Royal would have a separate suite complex equivalent to The Haven or Yacht Club on the new Icon class.

That's what I was thinking. Besides, they were already leaning that way with Oasis Class and what they did with the VCL and the loft suites.

I recently cruised Escape and I had no idea where the Haven was until I just happened to see the entrance one day.

I think this is great news for suites cruisers. As far as everyone else, including loyalty members, this news is a big nothing burger. If they build it like the Haven, you won't even know its there unless you look for it.

I was trying to keep my example to the D+ cruiser that had no aspirations of PC. Those are the Elites, correct.

Shorter shouldn't be a problem. I would imagine Royal made theirs 3.5 hours to accommodate dining times. It would not bother me if it was shorter

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Elites if you're just using reciprocaty. You could make Elite+ and still wouldn't have a designated lounge. We're D+, book suites, buy the package, and are happy to see Royal venture further into upgrading their suites offerings. Of course there's always a chance they'll price us out but with the older ships around I'm not too worried.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow....some of the reply's are of no surprise from those certain few. I'm happy with my favorite JS category when it's just the two of us...My disappointment is the discontinuation of the CL...Some of you may have no trouble that it has been replaced with a Suite Lounge..but I guess I'm one of the few old loyal cruisers that does miss that option.

Elites if you're just using reciprocaty. You could make Elite+ and still wouldn't have a designated lounge. We're D+, book suites, buy the package, and are happy to see Royal venture further into upgrading their suites offerings. Of course there's always a chance they'll price us out but with the older ships around I'm not too worried.

If there is a demand for these amenities i don't blame RC for wanting to tap into this market.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

Wow....some of the reply's are of no surprise from those certain few. I'm happy with my favorite JS category when it's just the two of us...My disappointment is the discontinuation of the CL...Some of you may have no trouble that it has been replaced with a Suite Lounge..but I guess I'm one of the few old loyal cruisers that does miss that option.

You know, if you sail in your favorite JS, I wouldn't classify your journey to D+ as 'the hard way' :confused:

You know, if you sail in your favorite JS, I wouldn't classify your journey to D+ as 'the hard way' :confused:

We do now...We certainly didn't sail in JS's when we started cruising many years ago.

Gotcha, my bad.

Just trying to understand 'the hard way'.

And 90% of those a minimum of 7 nights and flights involved (mostly cross country)...I guess that's my definition of the "hard way"... maybe not anyone else's.

Maybe their hard way was finding the money to pay for their cruises

Thanks for incorrectly assuming ...You know what they say about "assuming" :rolleyes:

Family and career responsibilities could apply to some of us in those days.

Thanks for your input !

No one is denying you anything. But only yourself. If you want to enjoy the perks of the suite life of cruising, lease/rent/purchase a suite on your next cruise.

It appears the industry as a whole is attmpting to fill a market as opposed to creating a market. RCL must follow or they will be a drift in the wake of others.

OMGoodness. I have found other like minded cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for incorrectly assuming ...You know what they say about "assuming" :rolleyes:

Family and career responsibilities could apply to some of us in those days.

Thanks for your input !

I wasn't assuming, I'm sure most of us who weren't born with a silver Spoon in their mouth can associate at some stage of life finding it hard financially.

I wasn't assuming, I'm sure most of us who weren't born with a silver Spoon in their mouth can associate at some stage of life finding it hard financially.

I thought the born with silver spoon took place in the UK?

We earned our Silver Spoon. Wasn’t given or inherited.

I thought the born with silver spoon took place in the UK?

We earned our Silver Spoon. Wasn’t given or inherited.

Yes we earned ours too.

The ones who were born into a rich, privellaged family are the ones born with

'A Silver Spoon In Their mouths'

"No silver spoon here" Just dedication, hard work and sticking to our end game plan. Easier now that the kids are grown, families of their own and DH will finally retire from his career... which is long past due...darn that dedication :D;)

And 90% of those a minimum of 7 nights and flights involved (mostly cross country)...I guess that's my definition of the "hard way"... maybe not anyone else's.
I get it now.

You know we used to live in the heartland and flew. It wasn't until we moved to Atlanta that we started driving. An 8 hour drive, now that's hard [emoji6]

Never did the weekenders back then.

I get it now.

You know we used to live in the heartland and flew. It wasn't until we moved to Atlanta that we started driving. An 8 hour drive, now that's hard [emoji6]

Never did the weekenders back then.

We've only been able to drive to San Pedro ...but once RCI left...not an option anymore...that was hard :eek:

I get your disappointment and don't ascribe to the 'you didn't lose anything' meme. We enjoy suite benefits but the lounge is and has always been of low value to us. We've never really enjoyed the DL or CL and would rather buy the drink package.

Typical...Just more for the suites and continuing to forget about the loyal D+ cruiser's who helped to make the cruiseline what it is today.

Will the suite guests have their own life boats or will the rest of the guests have to wait behind locked gates until all the suites have boarded?