Sharing our dining package

JsEscape2

WOW. Thanks for all of these responses. We are already treating our kids to the whole cruise, so not sure we can spring for a meal package, too. They only want one cozy meal to themselves as kind of a date night, anyway. Thanks for the comments. Kids can eat free in the SD? They don't have to be on the Plan?

Kids eat free in Specialty Dining... if they eat off the kids menu...

Enjoy your cruise & the Family Time!!!

My DH and I have a three meal dining package promotion. We are traveling with our daughter, son, their spouses and children. We would like our children and their spouses to each use one of the meals on our package. This would be our anniversary gift to them and a chance to have a nice meal without the kids. Has anyone does this? is this allowed?

My husband and I had the same thing and I wanted to go with my daughter and they would not allow this..I had to pay for my daughter. It was my husband and I that had the package (we got it free when we booked our cruise) and they said absolutely not allowed.

WOW. Thanks for all of these responses. We are already treating our kids to the whole cruise, so not sure we can spring for a meal package, too. They only want one cozy meal to themselves as kind of a date night, anyway. Thanks for the comments. Kids can eat free in the SD? They don't have to be on the Plan?

And they can't do that at a 2-top in the MDR without the kiddos?

They can go to the AFT dining room, dressed to the nines and off the show afterwards and then drinks in the lounge until whenever. At least Granny & Gramps are there to babysit.

I disagree that kids eat free in specialty restaurants. We just got off the Escape. My son made reservations for Cagney's for his wife and himself. They were not on the dining plan. They had wanted to take their 9 month old with them but would have had to pay for him, even though he wouldn't eat anything. We watched him instead.

I disagree that kids eat free in specialty restaurants. We just got off the Escape. My son made reservations for Cagney's for his wife and himself. They were not on the dining plan. They had wanted to take their 9 month old with them but would have had to pay for him, even though he wouldn't eat anything. We watched him instead.

Absolutely not the way it works. Kids under 12 eat free from the kids menu. The kids menu is not the specialty food. I think you got suckered in to babysitting. lol

If the baby doesn't eat anything how could they charge them? Cagney's is a la carte pricing.

Edited by ColeThornton

ColeThornton is absolutely correct. You got played.

Uhhhh.....no.

Cagney’s is a la carte. There is no cover charge. If nothing is eaten there’s no way for them to calculate a charge. Maybe they were just looking for an excuse for grandma/grandpa to babysit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cagney’s is a la carte. There is no cover charge. If nothing is eaten there’s no way for them to calculate a charge. Maybe they were just looking for an excuse for grandma/grandpa to babysit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree!

Who would even attempt to take a 9 month old to ANY of the specialty restaurants? This is why we can’t have nice things.

Rant over.

We took out 5 well behaved kids to Le Bistro when they were ages 10 - 16, and there was a couple there with a baby and toddler. Never heard a peep from them.