Taking OTC drugs off at ports?

moongal

Can I take Benedryl (for allergy attacks) off the ship when we make port stops? (Cozumel and Progresso) or will that set off the drug sniffing dogs? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don’t travel much and thought I read something one time about someone getting in trouble because of some kind of OTC meds in their backpack when they got off the ship at some port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can I take Benedryl (for allergy attacks) off the ship when we make port stops? (Cozumel and Progresso) or will that set off the drug sniffing dogs? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don’t travel much and thought I read something one time about someone getting in trouble because of some kind of OTC meds in their backpack when they got off the ship at some port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you can take OTC meds off the ship. If they are in blister packs, keep them in blister packs. Dogs are not looking for OTC meds.

I usually take a little container with Tylenol, Sudafed, and Advil all mixed together. I've never been questioned in 27 cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

Normally the dogs are not by the ship when you get off.

In Cozumel, the dogs are ostensibly used to locate passengers who are taking food off the ship. There are signs to that effect and all bags will get a sniff over. I have seen fruit and sandwiches removed from passenger bags and trashed.

Purely conjecture, but the dogs may also be used to locate weed? OTC meds in pill form will not be noticed.

Purely conjecture, but the dogs may also be used to locate weed?

I have read where port cops in Jamaica search for that coming back on to the ship.

They know nobody would ever bring drugs TO Jamaica so they have to find them on the way out.:cool: