Lesson Learned

GarySuzy

Today we attempted to book a cruise through our PCC and learned the following:

We could see available cabins that she could not see.

PCC manager attempted to fix the problem so the PCC could book the cruise - no luck

After ~30 to 40 minutes I was asked to book the cabin myself

During the booking I relayed all my keystrokes to my PCC and she submitted the process I used to her Manager.

while booking I noticed I could not enter my DW Mariner Number (PCC had to enter it later)

When attempting to check out I had to enter my credit card info 4 times before the system accepted them.:mad: I was not able to verify my booking.

PCC is having the booking assigned to her so she can fix any other problems that come up.

The PCC saved this booking for HAL and we thank her for everything she has done for us.

PCC was able to send us a booking verification.

PCC is going to work with her Manager to find a solution for this problem.

If it is going to be this hard to book cruises HAL will be losing customers.

Sail,

Sorry to hear you have not found a replacement cruise.

We would not have booked this cruise if not for the PCC, we have really good one and has provided great service.

A good TA or PCC is worth their weight in gold - just for keeping the stress away.

PCC manager attempted to fix the problem so the PCC could book the cruise - no luck

During the booking I relayed all my keystrokes to my PCC and she submitted the process I used to her Manager.

while booking I noticed I could not enter my DW Mariner Number (PCC had to enter it later)

When attempting to check out I had to enter my credit card info 4 times before the system accepted them.:mad: I was not able to verify my booking.

PCC is having the booking assigned to her so she can fix any other problems that come up.

The PCC saved this booking for HAL and we thank her for everything she has done for us.

I'm pretty new here...what is a PCC? I assume it's a travel agent? And what you describe sounds like a travel agent computer problem, not a HAL problem unless I missed something? My TA booked a cruise for me this morning with no issues whatsoever so the HAL website was working fine at that time.

I'm pretty new here...what is a PCC? I assume it's a travel agent? And what you describe sounds like a travel agent computer problem, not a HAL problem unless I missed something? My TA booked a cruise for me this morning with no issues whatsoever so the HAL website was working fine at that time.

PCC is a Personal Cruise Consultant, who is a HAL representative, not an independent travel agent. So what OP described, if widespread, is a pretty significant issue for HAL.

As stated by Jokerstef PCC is personal cruise consultant who are like TA's but work for HAL. The fact that I could see cabins she could not see is a problem. It means if you book through the PCC and ask for a specific cabin they may think it is not available when it really is. Hopefully, the information on this that the PCC forwarded to her management will get the IT folks to fix it.

We have had this PCC for a few years and she has always done a great job for us and has always solved any issues we have had.

In trying to book a cruise I couldn't find any place to enter my mariner number. Did I miss a field? I hate HAL's new booking site.

There's definitely something broken at the PCC office. Mine has just barely justified having her involved in our cruise, but it took far too much prodding on my part and finally some pointed emails that could have (and should have) been read as ultimatums. They don't have to be better than TAs - they don't even have to be as good as TAs really. However, they do have to be better than booking directly on the website, and they have to have the ability to contact anyone in the company to resolve a problem. That's apparently not the case for all the PCCs, and they don't seem to care to work as a team so that they all succeed. It's a shame, since I know a lot of people would like to have that "inside TA" experience, but this is one Holland America offering that I cannot recommend.

In trying to book a cruise I couldn't find any place to enter my mariner number. Did I miss a field? I hate HAL's new booking site.

No you did not miss a field, it gets your Mariner number from your log in and there is no field to input a mariner number for any of those traveling with you. The other thing it did was not ask for middle names (if you have one) which are required for travel. These have all been added by our PCC. Once that was done some of the check-in documents were automatically populated with the correct information based on the mariner number.

Sail,

Sorry to hear you have not found a replacement cruise.

We would not have booked this cruise if not for the PCC, we have really good one and has provided great service.

A good TA or PCC is worth their weight in gold - just for keeping the stress away.

I had a good brick and mortar TA for years and seeing how many b ookings we gave them, we got great service. Internet TA's killed his business and he shut down. There is no other local TA I want to deal with. My long time, PCC retired...........

So ---

I am left with no cruise.

I had a good brick and mortar TA for years and seeing how many b ookings we gave them, we got great service. Internet TA's killed his business and he shut down. There is no other local TA I want to deal with. My long time, PCC retired...........

So ---

Sail, I emailed our PCC's name and ext to you if you would like to check her out. The email will be from garysuzy@******

So ---

Sail,

You know how to contact me. I'd be glad to share some TA information if you desire.

As stated by Jokerstef PCC is personal cruise consultant who are like TA's but work for HAL. The fact that I could see cabins she could not see is a problem. It means if you book through the PCC and ask for a specific cabin they may think it is not available when it really is. Hopefully, the information on this that the PCC forwarded to her management will get the IT folks to fix it.

We have had this PCC for a few years and she has always done a great job for us and has always solved any issues we have had.

We are looking at a cruise for November and on HAL's site we cannot book the cabin we want but can book it through our big box TA.

I don't know why HAL is making it so difficult?