Bottles of Water at Dinner

MistyRo76

On our last cruise in November, 2017 on the Vista, my husband and I both received our expected complimentary 1-liter bottles of water in our stateroom. But then in addition to that, at dinner EVERY night our waiter would give us two more 1-liter bottles of water to take with us. It seemed like several other people at our table received them and other didn't. By the end of the week, we were refusing them because they were taking up room on our cabin vanity and there was no way we were drinking that much water. This is the first time I've experienced this. Does anyone know why we got that much free water? Is it because we had Cheers?? We've done Cheers before, but never had them hand out bottles of water to us at dinner like that.

Yes, it's because you had Cheers. We were also given bottles of water at dinner when we had Cheers on the Magic. They told us it was included in Cheers. Sometimes they wouldn't bring it out during dinner, but before we left they would give us water to take back to our cabin.

What's their point, trying to get people to fill up on water instead of booze?

I'm not sure, they didn't do it every night. It was probably just our server, and not something that is routinely done.

Trying to keep the drunks, especially the obnoxious & loudmouth drunks, to a minimum? Not saying the OP was any part of that.

Did you ask for a bottle at the first dinner? Generally, when you make a request, Carnival employees are expected to remember that request each day.

We never asked for bottled water at dinner at all. We were completely fine with the tap water they serve and knew we had two large bottles already in our room. The first couple of nights it was cool to get the bottles. We just didn't know why. But by night 4-5, we had more water accumulated in our cabin than we'd ever be able to drink before we left the ship. And we had NO idea why they kept giving it to us. We declined it the last few nights.

Makes sense that it was due to Cheers, we just didn't know why at the time.

On the Breeze last August, our waitress gave us the "large format bottled water" at dinner, but only when we asked for it. We would keep it sealed, bring it back to the room, and take it ashore with us. We did have Cheers, but we never had to sign for the water.

I'm going to go with to keep the Cheers drinkers hydrated and not just drinking alcohol and nothing else. Help stave off any hangovers maybe, or make them less unpleasant.

It's in the cheers description on help.carnival.com, our waiter on the Magic last summer did this for our entire table since we all had cheers. I don't recall if they did it on the Valor in November, but my wife thinks they did.

I will ask for this going forward though!