Crown Loft vs. Grand Suite - Oasis

Looking into upgrading from an ocean view balcony to a Sky Class suite it is our honeymoon, so I feel the need to even more all out. I really want to do a CLS but it's about $1,300 more than the Grand Suite and the amenities are the same. I like the CLS because of the unique room but more so the proximity to coastal kitchen and the suite lounge. Also, if I do the CLS, it's going to have to be the AFT view not the ocean view which I don't love.

Any advice on going one way or the other?

Also, if I booked through a travel agent, will I still potentially get the email to upgrade/upsell to a higher room closer to the sail date?

Thanks for the help!

We did a CLS on Oasis and while the room fine, the thing I loved most was the proximity to SL and CK. We also have a teenage son, so the separate bathroom was a must for us. Not sure it would be worth $1300 just for those things.

I didn’t mind the aft view. You can actually see a lot of the ocean and I enjoyed watching the sport court and such.

Either way, definitely go for Sky Class. It’s awesome and worth the money!

Go for the CL.

We enjoy the 17th deck, privacy, when the security doors are closed to access the suites.

Closeness to CK and SL.

Depth of the balcony.

Try it, you may enjoy it too.

As for the money, yea, but this is a celebration!!!

Let us know what you decide.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Sea Ya

If you don't mind the extra noise from the sports deck, then the aft facing CL is great. Though some might not like having to deal with up and down the stairs to get to the bedroom all the time.

I prefer the GS, all one level, more quiet, and the larger bathroom set up...but each choice has their charms. I personally would not want to spend the extra 1300.00 for the same perks...but that is just me.

My rule is that unless more than extra square footage is involved, I do not consider anything above a Grand Suite. You are quite right... the Crown Loft offers no extra amenities. The most important perks--access to SL and CK--come with the GS. Proximity to Ck and/or the SL would not be a factor in my decision; it is only important that I have access to those venues.

If you can swing a Star Loft or Royal Loft suite, then you're looking at major extras, such as beverage package, free alternative restaurants, etc. But, I'm guessing the prices for those suites come in way above your budget.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! You'll have a great experience regardless. Let us know what you decide. Neil

My rule is that unless more than extra square footage is involved, I do not consider anything above a Grand Suite. You are quite right... the Crown Loft offers no extra amenities. The most important perks--access to SL and CK--come with the GS. Proximity to Ck and/or the SL would not be a factor in my decision; it is only important that I have access to those venues.

If you can swing a Star Loft or Royal Loft suite, then you're looking at major extras, such as beverage package, free alternative restaurants, etc. But, I'm guessing the prices for those suites come in way above your budget.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! You'll have a great experience regardless. Let us know what you decide. Neil

At first this cruise was supposed to be kind a "mini-moon" for us since I used my "free deposit" to book it at $499 a person for a standard. I figured we would just do this and then something bigger in 2019, but plans have sort of changed. Therefore, I am trying to go a little bigger now, started with the balcony upgrade but I have always wanted to do a suite. I figured, if not now, when right?

I'd love to do a Star Class suite but that's not even stretching the budget, that is not even near where the budget dreams of being haha. Maybe for a big anniversary we could swing that. Frankly, I look at most of my purchases from a value perspective. Upgrading to a suite at the Sky level, bring so much value to the table in what you receive. I could spend $12k on a vacation (about the cost of a Star Class cruise) and get a lot more in my opinion elsewhere.

One additional perk for me in a CLS is my early rising wife can do her early morning things while I sleep. She likes to get up and get out. Me not so much.

Why can't she go out if you are in any other type of cabin? I'm an early riser and always go out before DH wakes up.

Why can't she go out if you are in any other type of cabin? I'm an early riser and always go out before DH wakes up.

Me too, gives him more time to wake up and his free range in the bathroom while I am out.

I am up, dressed, and out with our coffee mugs to get our early morning coffee in the DL/CL/SL. When I return, it is sipping coffee on the balcony, and then a morning deck walk.

I have also been trying to decide between at Grand Suite and CLS. We have stayed in Grand Suites in the past and loved them, but I like the proximity to the CK with the CLS. My hesitation is the balcony size. We like the length of the GS balcony and although the depth of the CLS balcony looks greater it seems like it is not as long and does not have the table and chairs that the GS balcony has. Is there anyone that can comment on if the CLS balcony seems smaller that the GS (even though total square feet is larger)? Has anyone that has stayed in the CLS missed the table and chairs on the balcony that are on the GS balcony?

Without a doubt, the CLS. They are something special. The other suites are nice...but there is really a WOW factor with that double height room. Two bathrooms. The upstairs shower is quite large with a overhead rainfall feature and room for two. There is a makeup table with lighted mirror. The tv folds down from the ceiling by remote control. The large curtains that cover the two story windows can be opened and closed electronically from two locations. The dining table is on tracks and can be rolled back against a wall for more room. Depending on the room location on the back, you can watch shows at the aqua theatre from the balcony. You can also see folks playing mini-golf..flowriding..zip lining..playing basketball. The balconies are not private, nor are they quiet. But they are great for people watching. If you want quiet, the sliding glass doors do a remarkable job of keeping the noise out of the room. My favorite part is how quiet and desolate the corridors outside the rooms are. Because of the limited access, you won’t hear noise from the hallways. We never hear slamming doors.Of course the choice is yours. Just wanted you to know that the CLS’s aren’t only about the package perks that come with it. The room itself is pretty great and unique. Nothing like them on other ships.

The posters above have given you good arguments for each. I have stayed in A CL aft, CL Side, Star Loft side, GS, OS and Royal Family Suite on Oasis class ships.

My favorite is the side CL, other than the SL Star, After that, I would stay with the GS and try to get a higher floors you are only a few floors from the CL.

The balcony on the CL are small. Just enough for 2 loungers and a small table. No eating Room service meals out there very easily. There is NO PRIVACY in the Aft CL. There tends to be alot of music and noise in those as well, even at night there were crew having a pick up soccer game. In addition the flow rider lights are on all night as well. I was out in my robe and felt as everyone was staring at me. You can always book the GS and if the price drops after final payment upgrade to the side CL.

I don't know if your date is set in stone and if you booked before non refundable deposits, but Oasis has an A2 Aquatheater suite on 9/2/2018 for about 8K, That would wow your future spouse.

The posters above have given you good arguments for each. I have stayed in A CL aft, CL Side, Star Loft side, GS, OS and Royal Family Suite on Oasis class ships.

My favorite is the side CL, other than the SL Star, After that, I would stay with the GS and try to get a higher floors you are only a few floors from the CL.

The balcony on the CL are small. Just enough for 2 loungers and a small table. No eating Room service meals out there very easily. There is NO PRIVACY in the Aft CL. There tends to be alot of music and noise in those as well, even at night there were crew having a pick up soccer game. In addition the flow rider lights are on all night as well. I was out in my robe and felt as everyone was staring at me. You can always book the GS and if the price drops after final payment upgrade to the side CL.

I don't know if your date is set in stone and if you booked before non refundable deposits, but Oasis has an A2 Aquatheater suite on 9/2/2018 for about 8K, That would wow your future spouse.

Dates are pretty much set for 10/21/18. The CL Aft is running $6,100 and the GS is running $4,900. All the comments are not helping because they are such good arguments for both haha. As much as I love the CL itself, and the WOW factor, I am not sure the value is quite as much as the GS and will we be spending that much time in the room?

She can make her coffee, take a shower, and watch TV while getting ready and never disturb me. She could probably do the same in a Harmony GS but we haven't tried one yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dates are pretty much set for 10/21/18. The CL Aft is running $6,100 and the GS is running $4,900. All the comments are not helping because they are such good arguments for both haha. As much as I love the CL itself, and the WOW factor, I am not sure the value is quite as much as the GS and will we be spending that much time in the room?

I think you will spend more time than you think especially if you do MDR service. Keep in mind you can order all meals from MDR not just what is on the general menu.

Book the GS now and watch for the prices to come down after final payment and you can always upgrade and make it a bigger surprise, maybe a Star Class . There seems to be suites still open

We have stayed in both a GS and a CLS. We would not do the loft again. We liked the balcony, the view, the 2nd bathroom, and proximity to suite lounge but HATED the upstairs bedroom. The vanity area and closet are right outside of the bathroom door, which is a tight corner area. There isn’t much area around the bed so the upstairs has about about the space of an inside cabin. We’re glad we tried a loft, but even for the same money, we’d do a GS over a CLS any day.

She can make her coffee, take a shower, and watch TV while getting ready and never disturb me. She could probably do the same in a Harmony GS but we haven't tried one yet.

You should know though, that if she uses the TV (and coffee maker) downstairs

2aj7xn4.jpg

you will still hear everything upstairs because all that is separating you is this sheer curtain:

6s5n4k.jpg

Re balcony size: It's nice (this from Oasis 1730/L2) - note that partitions between are frosted but I could see neighbors shadows when they were on their balcony

mb05y1.jpg

Also think hard about the fact that you're not looking directly out at the ocean, and that might be something that you'll really miss (I live by the beach though, so that's probably not as important to me as some).

14ra7a.jpg

168tow3.jpg

All that said, I have to say that I have NEVER regretted upgrading anything LOL :D

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

You should know though, that if she uses the TV (and coffee maker) downstairs

2aj7xn4.jpg

you will still hear everything upstairs because all that is separating you is this sheer curtain:

6s5n4k.jpg

Re balcony size: It's nice (this from Oasis 1730/L2) - note that partitions between are frosted but I could see neighbors shadows when they were on their balcony

mb05y1.jpg

Also think hard about the fact that you're not looking directly out at the ocean, and that might be something that you'll really miss (I live by the beach though, so that's probably not as important to me as some).

14ra7a.jpg

168tow3.jpg

All that said, I have to say that I have NEVER regretted upgrading anything LOL :D

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

We stayed in that same room! I wish I was back there now!!

We enjoy the aft CLS yet this next time we are taking an ocean facing view. We also considered a GS but for the near same money, we chose the CLS due to proximity to the CK. Honestly for the price variance you are quoting, take a GS. You can see the ocean, get all the perks and enjoy a quiet night overlooking the water. We did find the aft looking CLS a bit loud and didn't enjoy the view as much. It be honest though ... I look at best price for a suite, so I don't blame you for any choice. End of day, it is a suite, on a great boat, and it will be lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums