Upgrade the day of?

Can you upgrade your cabin the day of sailing when you go to check in? I was wondering if there are empty balconies and you have an interior, if they would let you upgrade at that time?

We bid on an upgrade and are seriously tempted to just buy the upgrade to the balcony.

Thoughts?

May as well just wait for your upgrade bid. If you don't get it then it's highly likely there aren't any available.

This is only my opinion, but if they had any available and you bid for an upgrade then you'd be more than likely to get the upgrade

Can you upgrade your cabin the day of sailing when you go to check in? I was wondering if there are empty balconies and you have an interior, if they would let you upgrade at that time?

We bid on an upgrade and are seriously tempted to just buy the upgrade to the balcony.

Thoughts?

:) Sorry, No.

I had booked a studio cabin on the Escape (just got back) and on the Tuesday before sailaway, ncl dropped all the prices on remaining cabins (along with the single supplement fee) and I was able to upgrade to a balcony cabin for $50....

That being said, once they drop those prices, the cabins pretty much sell out....so the chance of a last minute upgrade would be slim...

You will need to keep checking and checking and jump on it right away....I did mine at 8am and by the time I got home from work, cabins were sold out...

Thoughts?

If you really want a balcony then re-book your cruise to include a balcony.

Thoughts?

If you really need the upgrade just do the bidding and hope for the best or go ahead and book now. Taking a chance on getting upgraded at check in is almost a waste of time. It is rare they will even talk upgrade even if something is available the day of. Many years ago it was quite different.

Once on board there is invariably a notice at Customer Services that the boat is fully booked.

A dishonest sign that says the ship is fully booked.

All the ships put out that sign to limit the amount of time the reps have to discuss/argue with passengers asking/demanding for an upgrade.

Thoughts?

We were on Pearl May 13,2018 and big sign at guest services saying ship is sold out no room changes. Will probably depend on sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never heard of anyone successfully upgrading at the pier. If you want to upgrade, do it ahead of time. You can buy up for the difference between the price you paid and the current rate, just call.

I wouldn't risk bidding. If you really want it, pay for the upgrade. Especially if you know that you'll be thinking the whole cruise how nice it would be to have a balcony. Plus, you get to pick out room location. It's vacation...make it special!

Can you upgrade your cabin the day of sailing when you go to check in? I was wondering if there are empty balconies and you have an interior, if they would let you upgrade at that time? We bid on an upgrade and are seriously tempted to just buy the upgrade to the balcony. Thoughts?

No upgrades or room changes. There is a permanent sign at guest services on all ships that the ship is “full” and no changes will be accommodated. Basically no value to the ship to have hundreds and hundreds of people in line wanting a room change.

No upgrades or room changes. There is a permanent sign at guest services on all ships that the ship is “full” and no changes will be accommodated. Basically no value to the ship to have hundreds and hundreds of people in line wanting a room change.

Yup, no changes.......except when your cabin is flooded. Happened to friends of ours on a cruise we did together

Thoughts?

You cannot upgrade at the pier.

Since you can book on the day of sailing by calling, you can probably upgrade by calling before you go to the port, but you should not expect any good deal. They will not handle any changes on board the ship or at check in.