Tsk Tsk Tuscan Grill - Infinity

Ramona760

Seriously ? Why not go flag someone down 10 mins. into the wait? Stuff happens, I would of gone and asked about our waiter 10 mins in and it would not even frazzle me. Your on a cruise on a major cruise line, not on a private 100 foot yacht. I would of been thrilled to get the dinner comped.

Well, well, well....

My approach would have been to go over to the Senior Officer at the table and whisper in their ear about what a wonderful time they seem to be having and the food and service they are getting is commensurate with what we expected to receive, yet our table is being ignored and may we join you?

Never again on that sailing would you have been ignored in ANY venue, as you would be known as the 'staff whisperer' to get action.

That would have illicited a few thoughts and eyes and staff gossip...

Sorry service was so poor for you, yet I would have taken the no charge dinner and the next night no charge dinner for the make up... :halo:

Glad you enjoyed the rest of the sailing...

bon voyage

Hahaha !!!! Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are not big fans of Tuscan Grill; we have always had hit or miss experiences with the food (never the service) and we may not return on future cruises. I mention this only to let you know we are not Tuscan cheerleaders.

Having stated that, we would have graciously allowed them to make-up for their service problem. We do not expect perfection from anyone, but we do expect excellent "service recovery" when things go awry. It seems the OP denied the staff this opportunity for personal reasons, and some posters here support that decision.

I have to wonder about the point of posting about this experience. Is this the OPs way of expressing some lingering anger? I do not see the "lesson" here for future cruisers re: Tuscan Grill. What are we to learn from this posting?

That if you see the room filled with officers be ready to take preemptive action IF it seems your experience is the same as the OP's.

OP was discussing Tuscan Grill. I did not see any reference to a room full of officers.

I would have reacted the same way as the OP in the situation described; however, I would not have allowed 30 minutes to pass without some semblance of service to have been provided. The situation described was one of significant insult to the guest (as Celebrity likes to refer to its paying passengers) and failure to provide service for which there is no excuse other than a failure of leadership; i.e. the Maitre'd. It is a significant sign of disrespect; I am sure the Maitre'd did not want anyone to know about it.

A failure in service such as receiving the incorrect entre, items being "86ed" after it was ordered, being seated late due to delays, etc are often mishaps beyond anyone's control and in most cases are just errors that happen. In these cases yes I would certainly accept the apologies and would return for a second chance.

I would certainly provide feedback to Celebrity, as they need to know if this is the first instance of the fiftieth.

As mentioned by previous posters we have personally found the service in Tuscan Grill to be spotty; a definite lack of consistency within the same restaurant, and certainly across the fleet.

As previously mentioned; under what description of client service does the service of the client fall secondary to the service to the employees (crew).........

We have three upcoming cruises with Celebrity, two of those already have Tuscan Grill booked....we just like the mystery of how it is going to turn out.

Im just surprised that your MDR experience was wonderful. Not so for us on 2 cruises on Infinity in 2017. I just thought it was the Infinity until we sailed on the Eclipse that same year. Service on the Infinity was excellent. We had a wonderful waiter who did whatever he could for us. The food was awful. We managed the 15 days by sticking to what he recommended.

As for the Tuscan Grill, I am surprised by that as well. We have always had wonderful service and food.

Im just surprised that your MDR experience was wonderful. Not so for us on 2 cruises on Infinity in 2017. I just thought it was the Infinity until we sailed on the Eclipse that same year. Service on the Infinity was excellent. We had a wonderful waiter who did whatever he could for us. The food was awful. We managed the 15 days by sticking to what he recommended.

As for the Tuscan Grill, I am surprised by that as well. We have always had wonderful service and food.

Please describe awful food. Most of your posts contain lousy or awful food. I consider your posts less than credible unless specifics are given.

Interesting that you felt it was not important enough to report this while onboard, yet feel the need to post it here. What's your motive? Have you ever come up short in the workplace or at home and asked others for a second chance? Based on your reaction, I guess no one has forgiven you. How sad.

Please describe awful food. Most of your posts contain lousy or awful food. I consider your posts less than credible unless specifics are given.

I'm with you... I tend to ignore posts that say something was awful or inedible. I want SPECIFICS.... was the food bland, too salty, too tough and chewy, too spicy, etc. Taste is so subjective that if you are going to say something negative, be specific or don't post becuase it isn't helpful.

Very few, if any, of us are perfect we have had slow service in Murano, Tuscan, Qusine, Blu, Luminae and the MDR. But we have we have spent almost 300 nights on a Celebrity ship and these “ bad nights” are about 10-12.

IMHO to refuse to allow a venue (person) to correct their shortcoming by accepting a comp meal is a power play. If you accept the comp meal, bottle of wine or whatever they offer to make things better then maybe you feel you can’t complain.

Fortunately when I was working & screwed up my boss or customers allowed me to makeup for my failure.

Whether or not you allow them to make it up to you is your choice. However I would never sit in any restaurant for 30 minutes without being attended to. After about five minutes I would get antsy, and grab somebody’s attention so that I would get service.

Whether or not you allow them to make it up to you is your choice. However I would never sit in any restaurant for 30 minutes without being attended to. After about five minutes I would get antsy, and grab somebody’s attention so that I would get service.

Five minutes ?

No need to describe awful food. Most of understand exactly what that is. You just want to make a negative comment about my posts, no matter how many specifics I may give. No need for me to waste my time doing that.

If you consider my posts less than credible, skip them, why bother to reply to them.

We were on the same cruise. We were in Blu and after 4 meals of very poor service we decided to eat in the MDR. We were with friends who were very unhappy too. We reported this to guest relations just to let them know and they too begged us to go back. Like OP would be too awkward. We had wonderful service in the MDR. I received three calls from different people. I was very nice and said we were fine with not eating in Blu and let it go. We had been upgraded for free so no problem. Others liked Blu and some had similar issues as us. However big shout out to Blu’s sommelier who was outstanding! Being ignored while waiting for service is inexcusable.

We were also on the same Infinity cruise. We enjoyed our first night at Tuscan Grill so much

we went back for a second night. Food and service was excellent.

We also enjoyed the Le Petite Chef.

We found the service and food in the main dining good very good.

Elaine

Well, well, well....

My approach would have been to go over to the Senior Officer at the table and whisper in their ear about what a wonderful time they seem to be having and the food and service they are getting is commensurate with what we expected to receive, yet our table is being ignored and may we join you?

Never again on that sailing would you have been ignored in ANY venue, as you would be known as the 'staff whisperer' to get action.

bon voyage

Brilliant!

No need to describe awful food. Most of understand exactly what that is. You just want to make a negative comment about my posts, no matter how many specifics I may give. No need for me to waste my time doing that.

If you consider my posts less than credible, skip them, why bother to reply to them.

I also think it was a valid point that saying something was awful is not helpful without giving details. I didn’t think it was an attack, but a request for specifics, not sure what made you so angry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Each to their own. I would have given the staff at the Tuscan Grille another chance to make up for the bad-service, but then I am a forgiving type of person who would have accepted the free meal and maybe some other extras as well.

We were on the same cruise. We were in Blu and after 4 meals of very poor service we decided to eat in the MDR. We were with friends who were very unhappy too. We reported this to guest relations just to let them know and they too begged us to go back. Like OP would be too awkward. We had wonderful service in the MDR. I received three calls from different people. I was very nice and said we were fine with not eating in Blu and let it go. We had been upgraded for free so no problem. Others liked Blu and some had similar issues as us. However big shout out to Blu’s sommelier who was outstanding! Being ignored while waiting for service is inexcusable.

Off topic BLU....

We were on Infinity twice in a one yr span and assigned to BLU. The first time it was utterly terrible. Poor service; there was not enough staff; and supervision of the untrained staff was non existent. Often the food was cold and overcooked. Despite mentioning our concerns to the maitre d it did not improve., We ended up eating out most nights at Specialty Restaurants, Buffet and last night of cruise in MDR..it was great!

When we returned on a later cruise to BLU Infinity, staff had turned over, service and food were excellent! It was a welcome improvement. So you can never tell what lies ahead. There should be consistency in management, staffing levels, staff training, etc. But we were happy we stuck with AQ and BLU. This was the cruise hiwever where we had our Tuscan issue,

I also think it was a valid point that saying something was awful is not helpful without giving details. I didn’t think it was an attack, but a request for specifics, not sure what made you so angry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This topic is NOT about specifics of awful food in MDR.

When someone posts a topic like that, I will certainly contribute.

I might also add that when I gave specifics, some still chose to attack and discredit. So it is not specifics that are wanted, just opportunities to malign.

hcat. I’m glad Aqua worked out for you on subsequent cruise. I was never interested in Aqua to begin with but given a free opportunity I decided to give it a try. As you said venues change staff and mgt all the time. It seemed there were people in training in Blu while we were there. The OP got some freebies. We received nothing but didn’t expect to. I love Celebrity even with all its faults. And one should let the mgt know when things go wrong so others have a smooth cruise.

I certainly would have given them the opportunity to make it right, but everyone is different.

What is a bit surprising is all of the "shock" and people actually "begging" according to the OP. Over poor service in a restaurant? Hardly shocking. Its unfortunate but it happens.