Website - down

AusQueen

This message was coming up on the UK site :

Notice: 03 June 2018

We are making updates to our reservations system on Sunday 3 June from 05:00am-17:00pm which means you will be unable to book your cruise online. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Personally I think the site is pining for the Fjords

Remember our daytime is nighttime in the US. It's just coming up to 8am Sunday in New York, and 5am on the west coast. Saturday night is typically when many US-based international websites do their system maintenance. It's a bummer for us Aussies though.

I know this is a novel idea, but wouldn’t it be great if Celebrity could just put a banner on their website saying in advance of website maintenance / downtime so that people could know or at least plan accordingly when they’re on the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked RCCL site , now is 10:12 ET

The Royal Caribbean website and Reservation system are

currently down for scheduled maintenance.

We will be back at 9am ET.

Thanks for your patience.

Hmm website still down. 'Outage' suggests unscheduled maintenance to me!

I can understand that Sunday is probably a preferred time to schedule maintenance but gotta agree that it would be far better 'service' to announce this in advance.

It's been down much longer than hours! I have tried a few days and it is a black screen, no message. When there were words they wouldn't take my sign-in info.

Wonder if you sent them a message that your web site was down at your bank and payment would be forthcoming when it comes back, if ever.

This is getting so old.

Pat C

LoL. yes, at this point it would appear that there are no cabins available for any sailing out of Fort Lauderdale for the next year. Either they've had quite a run on rooms this afternoon or are continuing to suffer web issues. Given that this is Celebrity I'm assuming that it's computer issues... :-)

It's been down much longer than hours! I have tried a few days and it is a black screen, no message. When there were words they wouldn't take my sign-in info.

Wonder if you sent them a message that your web site was down at your bank and payment would be forthcoming when it comes back, if ever.

This is getting so old.

Pat C

I was on yesterday booking some items for an upcoming cruise. Back on today to check some on a cruise this fall. No issues either time. I preferred the previous generation graphics, but they didn’t ask me for my input. Actually, that is a really nice feature of the new GUI; every screen I’ve seen, on the lower right is a button you can click to provide general or specific feedback.

Stan

Websites are down for maintenance - OK I get that. And with RCI and Celebrity the planned maintenance times are always on the weekends, typically on Sundays. Now that I don't get. It would seem to me that weekends would be one of the worst times to be down as that would be when most customers have available time to search the web to get ideas for booking a cruise - in other words generating business for the cruise lines.

If they can arrange personnel to work over the weekends on the websites why can't they plan instead to do so say from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on a Monday, for instance. That would seem to be less disruptive to the business and to me to make more sense and be more convenient to us, right? But then again what do I know - I'm just a 25+ year customer......

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I know this is a novel idea, but wouldn’t it be great if Celebrity could just put a banner on their website saying in advance of website maintenance / downtime so that people could know or at least plan accordingly when they’re on the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think they would adopt this right? I wish I did as I kept on getting all sorts of unavailable cabin messages. Anyway, all sorted - we finally completed our booking.

Just wished they planned beforehand.

Websites are down for maintenance - OK I get that. And with RCI and Celebrity the planned maintenance times are always on the weekends, typically on Sundays. Now that I don't get. It would seem to me that weekends would be one of the worst times to be down as that would be when most customers have available time to search the web to get ideas for booking a cruise - in other words generating business for the cruise lines.

If they can arrange personnel to work over the weekends on the websites why can't they plan instead to do so say from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on a Monday, for instance. That would seem to be less disruptive to the business and to me to make more sense and be more convenient to us, right? But then again what do I know - I'm just a 25+ year customer......

But agents are more likely to want access on weekdays.

And overnight for which part of the world.

The site is full of Gremlins, yesterday I see a GTY cabin in the Summit for Oct/7 sailing to New England an Canada, the difference in price for this CAT Z vs CAT 12 was $1,100, today in the morning no more CAT Z, Then I resigned and booked with the higher price, right now a few minutes ago they opened the CAT Z again, I called my TA and fortunately could make the change and save me $ 1,100 USCy I love my TA

But agents are more likely to want access on weekdays.

And overnight for which part of the world.

My time suggestion was overnight, so US based agents or individuals would not be impacted greatly by that - even with timezone differences. Not sure of too many individuals or agents that do their web bookings overnight. And outside of the US, the UK for example has its own website - which could be coordinated the same way.

Regardless, the impact of a weekday overnight IMO is far less impactful than a weekend shutdown. Besides it was only a conversation with my suggestion - one which apparently has been considered and decided against based on the frequent weekend maintenance outages with both RCI and Celebrity.