Just back from Silver Spirit

unfathomable

I suppose it depends upon what you mean by "flexibility." There are certainly more options than there were on, say, Spirit before the re-do.... There is now a dedicated pizza restaurant, an Asian restaurant, etc.
Agree. However, we think this works better for shorter, 7-10 day cruises than the longer trips that we prefer. We would have been much happier if the Atlantide, Indochine and La Terrazza had changed (say) every 5 days and if service (especially in Atlantide) had been up to the usual high standard.

By flexibility I was thinking about at least one place with a changing menu, mixing items in the two walk in restaurants, getting room service from a restaurant menu and haveing it served course by course. Even the arts cafe has the same snacks at the same time each day. We also felt this arranemt was good for 7 to 10 days before it gets too old.

Agree. However, we think this works better for shorter, 7-10 day cruises than the longer trips that we prefer. We would have been much happier if the Atlantide, Indochine and La Terrazza had changed (say) every 5 days and if service (especially in Atlantide) had been up to the usual high standard.

I understood that SS management plans to change at least Atlantide and La Terrazza menus on a regular (weekly?) basis.

I think someone on this board opined that the new options on Muse/Spirit are not ideal for a shorter (7 night?) cruise. As I make it out, if one were a foodie determined to try every dinner venue, one could not squeeze in all eight dinner venues within seven nights without having two dinners one of those nights. :)

As I make it out, if one were a foodie determined to try every dinner venue, one could not squeeze in all eight dinner venues within seven nights without having two dinners one of those nights.
I'm probably being pedantic, but... one of the eight is Spaccanapoli (pizza)... not really a dinner venue IMO. The "true" dinner venues are Atlantide, The Grill, Indochine, La Dame, Seishin, Silver Note and La Terrazza. Phew! Seven. Edited by unfathomable
Correction

While I liked the idea of the Arts Cafe, if one does not eat yoghurt or cheese, the selections are very limited.

We had a truly excellent lunch there one day-a broth with noodles, vegetables and chicken or beef, served in a sort of kilner type mug. It was delicious and no yoghurt or cream. However, when we went back another day the broth was tasteless and so greasy as to be undrinkable.

There are indeed a number of restaurants, but Atlantide and the Grill are basically the same, grilled meat and fish, one where you cook for yourself and the other where you wear posher clothes and someone else does the cooking, but the fundamentals are the same. So that leaves La Terrazza, Italian, Scrappy-doo, the pizza place, Italian, good actually but Italian again. Silver Note, broadly oriental (though where lobster and mashed potato fitted in is anyone's guess); Indochine, broadly oriental, Seishin, oriental. La Dame brings up the rear. So 4 types of cuisine but with no mixing and matching between any of them.

There is no one place now where guests dining together can have a variety of cooking within the same meal, a daube and a curry for instance or a pasta dish and steak. I gather there was an any time menu but we were not offered it.

There need only be one venue which offers variety of styles. Atlantide is the obvious choice

Rp

There are indeed a number of restaurants, but Atlantide and the Grill are basically the same, grilled meat and fish, one where you cook for yourself and the other where you wear posher clothes and someone else does the cooking, but the fundamentals are the same.

Though I have toured Muse, I have not yet dined in Atlantide, though I have many times in the Grill.

Isn't the Atlantide menu far more varied with far more choices and more varied preparations than the Grill -- with more than a few grilled meat and fish options. Here is a menu posted several months ago:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/d988b420-0ccd-4219-a753-1720fc2a7fba

Here it is0e8eaf058be8b9de8b8a9a2a6ba62f8c.jpg

This looks like a quite varied selection, including lots of sandwich options. A picture is worth a thousand words. I assume the early morning selection is stronger on pastries, the late evening stronger on sweets, etc. In any case, this confirms my sense when touring Muse that Arts offered far more than yogurt and cheese.

This looks like a quite varied selection, including lots of sandwich options. A picture is worth a thousand words. I assume the early morning selection is stronger on pastries, the late evening stronger on sweets, etc. In any case, this confirms my sense when touring Muse that Arts offered far more than yogurt and cheese.

Obs,

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words, but I must be seeing a competely different picture to you! :D

Either there is something wrong with my eyesight or there is just one sandwich option - a pastrami baguette - and a few small miniature rolls and some little jars one with “baby shrimps”. And either those are enormous grapes or smaller than postage stamp sized portions of cheese. These people could make 250gms of processed cheddar last a whole cruise!

Not enough for a growing lad like me however elegantly it is presented. :D

on the muse, the arts cafe juice in the morning is yummy.

they will also toast your sandwich if you wish.

lots of nice little salad options in the glass cups, including a white bean salad one day that i could have eaten every day!

at about 8:30 at night the chocolate truffles come out...they are amazing.

i hope they continue the truffles on the Spirit.

Jeff,

The arts cafe is "little bites", I don't think the concept is meant to be "a meal" as in the other restaurants. I think the venue is more of a snack place.

That was sorely missing on Silversea in the past!

Obs,

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words, but I must be seeing a different picture! :D

Either there is something wrong with my eyesight or there is just one sandwich option - a pastrami baguette - and a few small miniature rolls and some little jars one with “baby shrimps”. And either those are enormous grapes or smaller than postage stamp sized portions of cheese. These people could make 250gms of processed cheddar last a whole cruise!

So at the arts cafe, you get salad in a jar? Or do they plate it? Some of the presentation is too cute by half, IMO.

The flavored water carafes with veggies in them for one! Give me a San Pellegrino any day.

As to the Atlantide, is this the menu that is given night after night, say on a 15 cruise?

It would be fine for a couple of nights but I would hope to have new offerings for dinner.

Obs,

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words, but I must be seeing a competely different picture to you! :D

I assume your response raises the important question: when does a "miniature roll" become a sandwich?

(It reminds me of a challenge a friend was tasked to make decades ago when working for the US Government: When does a cucumber become a pickle? This was enormously important to pickle producers. There were price controls on processed food but not on raw food. When did the cucumber become processed?)

I see a number of varieties beyond pastrami: salami (I think), smoked salmon, tomato/mozzarella, turkey (I think -- it's difficult to read).

BTW: If you are hungry and very nice to the server and discretely offer a generous tip, you can probably get a second "miniature roll" on the same plate. But don't you dare ask for three. :)

Obs,

I think if the whole roll can be put into the mouth comfortably in one bite then it is a miniature roll, however big the gob!:D

If they were going for a sort of toytown sized miniature food cafe it’s a shame they didn’t go for a tapas bar. That would have been much more interesting and attractive I think. I’d love a tapas bar. :)

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I could be very happy with the offerings in Arts Cafe as a very light lunch or lovely snack after a tour. Sure looks nicer than the somewhat boring array for a snack on Regent. IMHO

Atlantide choices could work for me as well. I could be happy with those. Looks different and interesting....IMHO

Obs,

I think if the whole roll can be put into the mouth comfortably in one bite then it is a miniature roll, however big the gob!:D

This is very dispiriting. I fear that I could comfortably masticate few (if any) of those rolls in a single bite. Now I must consider the reality that I was gifted with a sadly undersized mouth.

As to the Atlantide, is this the menu that is given night after night, say on a 15 cruise?

It would be fine for a couple of nights but I would hope to have new offerings for dinner.

I believe I read on this board that a special is offered each night by the server. I would welcome confirmation.

I believe that management's thought is that -- with seven or eight options (depending upon how you count the pizza outlet) -- you might dine in a variety of restaurants on a 15 day cruise. So, you might only visit Atlantide a few times.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I could be very happy with the offerings in Arts Cafe as a very light lunch or lovely snack after a tour. Sure looks nicer than the somewhat boring array for a snack on Regent. IMHO

Atlantide choices could work for me as well. I could be happy with those. Looks different and interesting....IMHO

Mudhen,

I liked the selections, the portion size and the ambiance of the Arts cafe.

On the Muse it was always crowded, apparently others enjoyed it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When we were on the Muse a few months ago and needed to be out early we'd order the wonderful Scambled Egg Panini from the Arts Cafe, walk upstairs to the Terraza, grab a table, get sides like bacon and by the time we'd done that our Panini would be waiting at our table. This way we had all the extras you wanted plus something deliciously different.

MM

When we were on the Muse a few months ago and needed to be out early we'd order the wonderful Scambled Egg Panini from the Arts Cafe, walk upstairs to the Terraza, grab a table, get sides like bacon and by the time we'd done that our Panini would be waiting at our table. This way we had all the extras you wanted plus something deliciously different.

MM

Yum. Perfect and creative.

I want a panini now! But I must also be aboard the Muse...

Yum. Perfect and creative.

I want a panini now! But I must also be aboard the Muse...

Go for it, have it all even though it would be THE most expensive Panini on record.

I believe I read on this board that a special is offered each night by the server. I would welcome confirmation.

Not so, at least not on the Spirit most recently, had that been so, it would have been most welcome.

Rp

When we were on board the Muse in September, all of the sandwiches had cheese on them. Oh okay, I could ask for it to be removed, I get that. The other plates had cheese, and many of the breakfast selections were yoghurt based. I know I am in the minority when it comes to cheese and yoghurt, but for me, the selections were very limited. I wish I had known about the chocolate truffles! That would have made up for any other shortcomings.

Speaking of chocolate truffles, the best chocolate dessert we ever tasted on Silversea was during the Andrea Bocelli dinner celebrating the 20th anniversary of Silversea. They were orange-sized chocolate concoctions which when opened had a lovely mousse inside. Simply heaven.