Vibe Pass Escape Worth it?

Shynook11

What does Vibe offer? I am all about not hunting down loungers. Is this an adult only area? Music or quiet area?

Watch this......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI

Love Vibe on the Escape. It can be as quiet or rowdy as you want it. Shot o'clock is 4 o'clock everyday if you want to join in at the bar or just relax on a lounger. I can't imagine sailing the Escape without it.

What does Vibe offer?

I am all about not hunting down loungers. Is this an adult only area? Music or quiet area?

yes, vibe is adult only.

$100 for 7day cruise.

but loungers are plentiful on non-pool deck.

ie: sun decks 19+20

i also wouldnt get it if your balcony can hold a lounger.

ie: angled balcony

I was on there last week. Signs posted say quiet area, and no music plays. On our cruise, many believed the signs meant scream the F word as loud and often as you want. In general, it’s usually pretty quiet around the loungers, but can be loud and rowdy in the hot tub and around the bar. This was our 3rd time in Vibe, 2nd on Escape. We wouldn’t do it again on an NYC sailing, but will again from elsewhere.

I’m über late to the vibe party. We sail Sunday and not a very early board time. Sooo... this is probably good information for the next cruise! Board early to get a pass. :cool:

Does NCL enforce the boarding times? Just throw a fit at the terminal, you'll get it.

Watch this......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI

Honestly? You get that, on the Escape, port side of the ship, same hot tubs, same bar with no one at it, without spending anything, on the first part of the cruise? Yes, people will eventually find their way to Deck 20 and 21, but it's not really worth the $200 and the hassle of being in Group One, to get them both into Vibe.

Just to make this clear -- you can find a bar, with a hot tub nearby and a bunch of open chairs, which is private because no one knows about it, on the higher decks of the Breakaway+ class ships, without spending money.

Honestly? You get that, on the Escape, port side of the ship, same hot tubs, same bar with no one at it, without spending anything, on the first part of the cruise? Yes, people will eventually find their way to Deck 20 and 21, but it's not really worth the $200 and the hassle of being in Group One, to get them both into Vibe.

Just to make this clear -- you can find a bar, with a hot tub nearby and a bunch of open chairs, which is private because no one knows about it, on the higher decks of the Breakaway+ class ships, without spending money.

Is that area adults only too? (Like VIBE.)

Is that area adults only too? (Like VIBE.)

It isn't, but from seeing those areas on BA it isn't really too enticing for kids to be there and haven't seen a ton of them (kids) - especially as you get farther and higher away from the pool.

We'll see in a week how it is on the Escape.

It isn't, but from seeing those areas on BA it isn't really too enticing for kids to be there and haven't seen a ton of them (kids) - especially as you get farther and higher away from the pool.

We'll see in a week how it is on the Escape.

For me the main reason to pay for Vibe is that it's adults only because on some sailings there might be too many children. The hot tub outside Vibe might be filled with children and lots of children might be running around, screaming there.

I shouldn't take that chance so I should pay for Vibe because it's adults only.

I’m über late to the vibe party. We sail Sunday and not a very early board time. Sooo... this is probably good information for the next cruise! Board early to get a pass. :cool:

No worries. NCL doesn’t enforce arrival time. We arrived around 9:30 AM, were in boarding group one and got passes 24 and 25. Time and money well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Considering it's nearly impossible to get a decent lounger on Escape, I'd say Vibe is probably worth it for you.

The HIGHER you go on the decks, the easier it is to find a lounger...upper decks had room everywhere my last sailing 4/7/18...

IF you want to sit right by the pool, good luck on most any lines.

For me the main reason to pay for Vibe is that it's adults only because on some sailings there might be too many children. The hot tub outside Vibe might be filled with children and lots of children might be running around, screaming there.

I shouldn't take that chance so I should pay for Vibe because it's adults only.

Or just book the YC. Well, maybe not. Our YC was great but we did have Octomom there in the YC with her diapered kids in the pool but I'm thinking that is not the norm. Let us know how your trip goes.

Or just book the YC. Well, maybe not. Our YC was great but we did have Octomom there in the YC with her diapered kids in the pool but I'm thinking that is not the norm. Let us know how your trip goes.

What is YC? No idea what that might be on NCL.

If we ever cruise on NCL again it will defenitely be in the Haven but sometimes there are many loud children there too so Vibe is still a must on ships with Vibe.

For me, on the Escape it is not worth the embarkation day hassle trying to get one. The deck right outside the Vibe is free, has plenty of lounge chairs, a hot tub, bar and is rarely crowded.

On our cruise on the Escape every time I walked out of Vibe the bar there was mobbed

You do not get your boarding times (group) until you check in at the pier. The time you have now is your time to show up at the pier, it is NOT your boarding time.

On our cruise on the Escape every time I walked out of Vibe the bar there was mobbed

Interesting, when did you go? Maybe high season or the itinerary has something to do with it?

I was on the Escape the 3rd week in May and the crowds were more on the pool deck and the one above it at the Waves & H2O bars. Never saw a crowd at the bar outside Vibe as I was passing by it and there always seemed to be a few lounge chairs available.

I guess different weeks, different patterns :D