much talk about the new coffee card ... what about a really OLD coffee card

BuckeyeMark

Yep, the new rules state that existing cards are no longer valid "forever" and will all expire on the 31st August 2019

I just notices that part of their new rules.

"If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019."

I guess it time to unload all my old coffee cards. ;)

eBay will be flooded with them shortly which is great for people wanting to buy them. :D

did the new policy state that if a blank card was presented, it would be marked with the current voyage and an expiration date?

seems reasonable to do that

and believe me, I know ... it all depends

did the new policy state that if a blank card was presented, it would be marked with the current voyage and an expiration date?

Yes they did.

seems reasonable to do that

and believe me, I know ... it all depends

They also added a statement about purchasing after market cards to try & discourage people from buying them on eBay. :D LOL

• Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void.

I just notices that part of their new rules.

"If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019."

I guess it time to unload all my old coffee cards. ;)

eBay will be flooded with them shortly which is great for people wanting to buy them. :D

August 31 is not for certain. It also says "The honoring of unused punches on future voyages is allowed up to the expiration date but may be discontinued at any time without notice or recourse."

And as far as unloading, "Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual."

Since this is my thread - and it's now gone far afield of the original question I feel fine hijacking my own thread:

If you have a coffee card that is going to expire before you can cruise again send me a private message and I'll "arrange" for you to be happy while your card happily sails, fulfilling its intended purposes, with me....

Edited by BuckeyeMark

If you have a coffee card that is going to expire before you can cruise again send me a private message and I'll "arrange" for you to be happy while your card happily sails, fulfilling its intended purposes, with me....

Cruise Critic doesn't have Private Messages.

You'll have to post your email.

Cruise Critic doesn't have Private Messages.

You'll have to post your email.

I can't seem to figure out how to add that to my profile. anyone is welcome to send me an email about cruising, coffee, or having coffee while cruising

mdr44

AT

juno

dot

com

yup, I still have a Juno account!

August 31 is not for certain. It also says "The honoring of unused punches on future voyages is allowed up to the expiration date but may be discontinued at any time without notice or recourse."

And as far as unloading, "Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual."

And just how would Princess know where anyone got their coffee card? Many people on this board have quite a collection of used & unused cards sitting in a draw.

Until they begin utilizing the ***** on all the ships and until next August 31 it appears that any unmarked card will be acceptable.

And just how would Princess know where anyone got their coffee card? Many people on this board have quite a collection of used & unused cards sitting in a draw.

Until they begin utilizing the ***** on all the ships and until next August 31 it appears that any unmarked card will be acceptable.

Was also thinking the same thing.

Don’t think ***** is required. I believe that the info can be loaded onto your cruise card now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don’t think ***** is required. I believe that the info can be loaded onto your cruise card now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, it's not.

It's just that when the ***** becomes active it'll be stored in their computer system using the medallion rather than a card.

I heard about the ***** system storage last Nov & assumed that the coffee punches would be carried over from cruise to cruise.

I never thought they would be so money hungry as to confiscate them each time.:(

Princess Cruises told you that the Coffee Card was good as LONG as it had punches left on the card for specialty coffees. Now there changing what they said. That’s just not right!!! A lot of people still have old coffee cards that are supposed to be good . Princess is doing it to us again. Nickel and Diming at it’s best. :mad:

To all my Cruise Critic friends I think it’s time to call Princess Cruises and let them know how we feel about this. 1-800-774-6237.

Tony

Princess Cruises told you that the Coffee Card was good as LONG as it had punches left on the card for specialty coffees. Now there changing what they said. That’s just not right!!! A lot of people still have old coffee cards that are supposed to be good . Princess is doing it to us again. Nickel and Diming at it’s best. :mad:

To all my Cruise Critic friends I think it’s time to call Princess Cruises and let them know how we feel about this. 1-800-774-6237.

Tony

Agreed. I'm unclear as to why they just didn't let them run their course. Even if it's 10 years from now, so what? By then, they'll probably spill more than what people are drinking with unused punches. And FWIW, Princess has already collected the $$'s.

I have no problem with Princess changing the coffee program. But to "retroactively" change a purchased (indirect from suite or otherwise) borders on illegality.