Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Why not Amsterdam ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because even if they do 12 or 14 nights from Amsterdam they have never considered Klaipeda as they focus on the better known ports. Ports like e.g. Klaipeda or Gdynia have only been included on longer one way repositioning cruises to and from Stockholm. One call is in May going eastward and one is in August going westward.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Because even if they do 12 or 14 nights from Amsterdam they have never considered Klaipeda as they focus on the better known ports. Ports like e.g. Klaipeda or Gdynia have only been included on longer one way repositioning cruises to and from Stockholm. One call is in May going eastward and one is in August going westward.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok but maybe they will innovate like Ncl who will send Ncl Pearl in Amsterdam next year

My guess would be that Jewel goes to Stockholm in May for a longer period of Baltic cruises from there and back in August.

Another ship (Serenade?) will do cruises from Copenhagen with more focus on Norwegian Fjords.

Cruises from Amsterdam could still be Brilliance, maybe still with some British Isles Cruises similar to next year.

Southampton with Anthem and Indy is confirmed but both will not focus on Norwegian Fjords or Baltic due to size restrictions. Both are confirmed for ports like Le Havre, Zeebruegge and Hamburg, they will offer only few options to the North and with main focus on the big ports. Most of their cruise will go southward I trust.

I tried to figure out something:

I've also seen the two Klaipeda calls for Jewel otS.

My guess is, the Klaipeda call in May 2020 could be a call on a longer 10/11 day roundtrip from Copenhagen, as Serenade and Vision have done in 2017.

So I think between May and June, Jewel will sail out of Copenhagen to Norway/North Cape and Baltic, as Serenade does currently. In June/July/August Jewel could do the weekly cruises from Stockholm and returns to Copenhagen in August, and she calls Klaipeda again on the repo cruise from Stockholm to Copenhagen in August.

In June on her repo from Copenhagen to Stockholm she probably excludes Klaipeda.

Here I think Serenade could be deployed elsewhere, because Jewel replaces her...

Regarding Indy otS: You might be right on the focus on Med cruises, but I just found few Med calls for her.

So I figured out the 13th of July, 09th and 31st of Aug 2020 she could do the Baltic cruise - but 13 nights without Stockholm!

Anthem otS could be a candidate for Northern cruises due to her large enclosed Solarium, but she has several calls in Med ports, such as Cannes/Nice or Gibraltar, so that indeed leaves very few options for Northern European cruises.

Amsterdam should be the homeport for Brilliance otS again - she has several calls there in 2020.

A travel agent in Singapore said that the deployment of Quantum Of The Seas for the 2019-2020 season in Singapore was a trial only. It was to see if Singapore and the Southeast Asia market can provide a demand for the Quantum Class to home-port there every winter. If it works out, then Quantum Of The Seas will continue her dual home-port if not, she might go somewhere else.

If Quantum leaves, RCCL will definitely replace it with a smaller size ship, probably a Voyager Class or a Freedom Class.

If Quantum's other homeport is targeted at the China market, ie. Shanghai, it's unlikely that they would pull such a big ship from China because Singapore and SEA is not meeting demands. I don't think they would risk capping down on capacity in China just because SEA can't fill Singapore's homeport demand... Unless China's market is drowning as well which could be a possibility. And it's not like there's no demand in SEA for a quantum class ship either. We've expanded so much recently..

Another ship (Serenade?) will do cruises from Copenhagen with more focus on Norwegian Fjords.

Not to throw a wrench into the discussion, but I just came across a notation in the Monterey (California) Cruise Ship Calls regarding 'Celebrity Serenade' stopping in Monterey in May and October of 2020. I see it is currently scheduled out of FLL until the end of May.....so we'll just have to wait and see. I have (tried to) check the other west coast ports, but nothing else is updated beyond 2019.

https://monterey.org/Services/Harbor-and-Marina/Cruise-Ship-Tall-Ship-Visits

Not to throw a wrench into the discussion, but I just came across a notation in the Monterey (California) Cruise Ship Calls regarding 'Celebrity Serenade' stopping in Monterey in May and October of 2020. I see it is currently scheduled out of FLL until the end of May.....so we'll just have to wait and see. I have (tried to) check the other west coast ports, but nothing else is updated beyond 2019.

Celebrity Serenade [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good catch. Typo is weird, but I would assume it is actually referring to Serenade of the Seas, as the same agent would be making both RCI and X port bookings.

Maybe she heads to Alaska. Replacing Radiance? Adding capacity?

Good catch. Typo is weird, but I would assume it is actually referring to Serenade of the Seas, as the same agent would be making both RCI and X port bookings.

Didn't Ovation already add capacity

Both could be possible.

That Serenade sails to Alaska and West Coast on 2020 makes certain sense, because Jewel is extremely likely to replace Serenade on her Northern Europe parts.

Serenade could either join Radiance and Ovation as a third ship or Radiance sails year-round from Australia.

I know there’s a circulating rumor about a year-round Australia deployment, maybe it becomes reality in 2020.

Seems we get a major shifting for some ships:

-Quantum 5: Cape Liberty

-Anthem: Southampton

-Allure: Barcelona

-Oasis: Galveston (?)

-Jewel: Copenhagen/Stockholm

-Serenade: Alaska and West Coast

-Radiance: Australia year round (???)

-Explorer: Civitavecchia

Serenade is better because she has a true Park Cafe in the Solarium. Park Cafe never made it to Jewel because of the Empress kitchen fiasco.
Doesn't Jewel have those solarium JS's?

Why would a true Park Cafe make a difference in sending Serenade to the west coast