Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

I was at the local Cruise Fair in Belfast yday. The presentation was all about Symphony and Perfect Day which seems to attract a fee for nearly everyting. She also said there would be 10 new ships in the next 10 years.

I asked the RCI Lady when the 2020 dates will be released. She said that a brochure up to Spring 2020 has just been released so as far as she knew it would be Spring 2019. I pointed out that last year some sailings were released in November but she just said she hasnt heard anything to confirm this! I also asked her would RCI be returning to New Orleans and she said to keep an eye on the deployment next Spring.

Don't understand I am already booked going out of New Orleans on Vision of the Sea in Feb of next year for a b2b.

Did they say about getting rid of any ships to replace by the 10 new ones?

Don't understand I am already booked going out of New Orleans on Vision of the Sea in Feb of next year for a b2b.

Did they say about getting rid of any ships to replace by the 10 new ones?

Vision will leave New Orleans next Spring and after her European Season she will be moving to San Juan in the Winter of 2019/20. I was asking if she, or any other ship, would be filling the gap in New Orleans.

All ships will eventually leave the fleet, it's a matter of when. I think all 2019 sailings are safe, for now.

I know Vision, Grandeur, Rhapsody and Enchantment will be the next ships to go and with Rhapsody booked for November, I want to sail on the other 3 soon as I missed out on Legend.:(

Did they not just bring back Empress though?

Yes, for the purpose of sailings that include Cuba.

One reason may have been because Pulmantur was not doing so well, and had overcapacity. They were supposed to take Majesty at one point, and that was cancelled.

Yes, for the purpose of sailings that include Cuba.

One reason may have been because Pulmantur was not doing so well, and had overcapacity. They were supposed to take Majesty at one point, and that was cancelled.

Are all Cuba calls with Majesty canceled? I believe not?

So you think Vision class would fit in Cienfuegos & Santiago de Cuba?

I wanted to say, if Majesty goes, a Vision Class ship may take over her itineraries. But Majesty just sails Cuba itineraries with Havanna, not Cienfugos or Santiago.

So I'd say any of the remaining Vision Class ships sails the "Havanna only" itineraries from Majesty, and Empress stays on her itineraries with Cienfugos and Santiago.

I wanted to say, if Majesty goes, a Vision Class ship may take over her itineraries. But Majesty just sails Cuba itineraries with Havanna, not Cienfugos or Santiago.

So I'd say any of the remaining Vision Class ships sails the "Havanna only" itineraries from Majesty, and Empress stays on her itineraries with Cienfugos and Santiago.

Isnt it Havana with the tunnel that limits draft?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not to throw a wrench into the discussion, but I just came across a notation in the Monterey (California) Cruise Ship Calls regarding 'Celebrity Serenade' stopping in Monterey in May and October of 2020. I see it is currently scheduled out of FLL until the end of May.....so we'll just have to wait and see. I have (tried to) check the other west coast ports, but nothing else is updated beyond 2019.

https://monterey.org/Services/Harbor-and-Marina/Cruise-Ship-Tall-Ship-Visits[/url][/quote]

Astoria showing Serenade twice in 2020.

https://www.portofastoria.com/Assets/dept_1/pm/pdf/cruise%20ship%20log%202020.pdf

Is Royal having 3 ships in Alaska 2020 or is Radiance staying in Oz or going elsewhere?

Hi springaussie,

Thanks for your researches.

We’ve discussed the topic several posts above, the port site of Monterrey names Serenade otS as “Celebrity Serenade”, but when you open her link by clicking, you will be redirected to RCI. So take for granted that Celebrity Serenade is Serenade otS.

Great you’ve found the Astoria port, that underlines Serenades West Coast/Alaska deployment!

We’ve also discussed if Serenade will be the 3rd RCI ship in Alaska, or if she will replace Radiance on the northbound/southbound itinerary, so that Radiance stays in Australia year-round.

For years now there’s the ongoing rumor of a year round Australia deployment by RCI. Radiance might make this rumor come true.

Further there’s a new Brisbane terminal, if I’m not completely wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve also discussed if Serenade will be the 3rd RCI ship in Alaska, or if she will replace Radiance on the northbound/southbound itinerary, so that Radiance stays in Australia year-round.

Great work gents!!

Interesting to read about Serenade

I personally can’t see 3 RCL ships for Alaska.

Radiance the last two years has been “on sale” and discounted (ie most recently $499 Seward to Vancouver Aug 3-)... and now with so many larger ships and Berths (NCL Bliss & Ovation) for example, I only see Radiance perhaps being “replaced” by Serenade rather than added

I find Royal has a history of doing this... replacing a ship with another in the exact same class to perhaps “freshen things up a bit”? Plus Oz has a history of taking over Royals older ships of their class (or. Voyager, Legend, and now possibly Radiance). Maybe because they feel your market is familiar with the ship names and thus the market branding is already enforced in Aussie’s minds?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great work gents!!

Interesting to read about Serenade

I find Royal has a history of doing this... replacing a ship with another in the exact same class to perhaps “freshen things up a bit”? Plus Oz has a history of taking over Royals older ships of their class (or. Voyager, Legend, and now possibly Radiance). Maybe because they feel your market is familiar with the ship names and thus the market branding is already enforced in Aussie’s minds?

Another RCI "tradition" is that ships were redpeployed to Europe after a fall/winter/spring season in Australia NZ (Nov - Apr) and an Alaska season the summer prior to Australia.

We've seen that with Rhapsody in 2014/15, Explorer in 2018/19, so it could also be that Radiance comes to Europe in 2020.

But a year-round Australia deployment is also possible, of course.

I'd love to see three RCI ships sailing Alaska in 2020, but I wouldn't really know which itinerary the third ship should sail. RCI has two major itineraries there - roundtrip from Seattle and northbound/southbound between Vancouver and Seward.

Until 2009, when RCI had three ships in Alaska, there was a Vancouver round-trip (on Serenade), but a rather uninspired itinerary, IMHO.

From my side it wouldn't be necessary to add it.

However I'd love to have the "Ultimate alaska" sailings back, starting in Los Angeles and ending in Vancouver or vice versa. Those were nice 12 night itineraries covering a lot of different ports!

Another RCI "tradition" is that ships were redpeployed to Europe after a fall/winter/spring season in Australia NZ (Nov - Apr) and an Alaska season the summer prior to Australia.

We've seen that with Rhapsody in 2014/15, Explorer in 2018/19, so it could also be that Radiance comes to Europe in 2020.

But a year-round Australia deployment is also possible, of course.

I'd love to see three RCI ships sailing Alaska in 2020, but I wouldn't really know which itinerary the third ship should sail. RCI has two major itineraries there - roundtrip from Seattle and northbound/southbound between Vancouver and Seward.

Until 2009, when RCI had three ships in Alaska, there was a Vancouver round-trip (on Serenade), but a rather uninspired itinerary, IMHO.

From my side it wouldn't be necessary to add it.

However I'd love to have the "Ultimate alaska" sailings back, starting in Los Angeles and ending in Vancouver or vice versa. Those were nice 12 night itineraries covering a lot of different ports!

Would love to see Ultimate Alaska cruises again too.

We had to cancel the Serenade TA from Copenhagen to Boston in 2016. Was hoping to book for 2019, but the prices have skyrocketed. Assumed same itinerary in 2020, so was waiting patiently to book 2020 as soon as available, Now I wonder how Serenade will get from Europe to west coast. Could be an interesting journey.

We had to cancel the Serenade TA from Copenhagen to Boston in 2016. Was hoping to book for 2019, but the prices have skyrocketed. Assumed same itinerary in 2020, so was waiting patiently to book 2020 as soon as available, Now I wonder how Serenade will get from Europe to west coast. Could be an interesting journey.

Why Europe to West Coast? If Alaska is true she would go Europe to East Coast in Autumn 19 and Caribbean to West Coast in Spring 20.

Sent from my iPad using Forums