Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

Hard to see the motive for replacing one Radiance class ship with another on the same itineraries. Perhaps they are adding capacity in the region.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you think brilliance and jewel can both sail from Amsterdam

For Baltic , Brit island , and Iceland cruises...?

I saw brilliance cruises for 2019 and it’s selling pretty well at hight prices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They also replaced Jewel with Serenade in the Baltic some years ago and they had three ships based in Amsterdam, Copenhagen/Stockholm and Harwich at the same time. If they sail with bigger ships (Anthem and Indy) from Southampton they might need more capacity for the smaller ports in the Baltic and Norway. Anthem will not be suitable for most of these itineraries.

Do you think brilliance and jewel can both sail from Amsterdam

For Baltic , Brit island , and Iceland cruises...?

I saw brilliance cruises for 2019 and it’s selling pretty well at hight prices

Jewel hasn't shown up in the Amsterdam port calendar. She could home port there, or elsewhere. Have to wait and see.

I would think additional Iceland and Baltic cruises would sell well.

Jewel hasn't shown up in the Amsterdam port calendar. She could home port there, or elsewhere. Have to wait and see.

I would think additional Iceland and Baltic cruises would sell well.

I agree. Iceland in particular is quite ignored by Royal at the moment and in my opinion could sell very well. I for one would jump in an itinerary which included Iceland .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. Iceland in particular is quite ignored by Royal at the moment and in my opinion could sell very well. I for one would jump in an itinerary which included Iceland .

Yes, and the very few Iceland cruises offered by Royal attract very high prices. A no brainer really.

Except Iceland puts Royal in direct competition with a sister company, Celebrity. Potentially not good for either brand.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

British Isles is the same. While Royal done it a few times from Amsterdam, Princess has been doing it for about 10 years.

12 night from Southampton sails almost full all summer.

Jewel is on the Klaipeda cruise schedule for 2020 (two times in May and August). This indicates longer Baltic Cruises and/or cruises starting in a Baltic port for her (but not Amsterdam).

Reykjavik reports no Royal ships so far, just Celebrity Reflection and Silhouette.

My guess would be that Jewel goes to Stockholm in May for a longer period of Baltic cruises from there and back in August.

Another ship (Serenade?) will do cruises from Copenhagen with more focus on Norwegian Fjords.

Cruises from Amsterdam could still be Brilliance, maybe still with some British Isles Cruises similar to next year.

Southampton with Anthem and Indy is confirmed but both will not focus on Norwegian Fjords or Baltic due to size restrictions. Both are confirmed for ports like Le Havre, Zeebruegge and Hamburg, they will offer only few options to the North and with main focus on the big ports. Most of their cruise will go southward I trust.

Jewel is on the Klaipeda cruise schedule for 2020 (two times in May and August). This indicates longer Baltic Cruises and/or cruises starting in a Baltic port for her (but not Amsterdam).

Reykjavik reports no Royal ships so far, just Celebrity Reflection and Silhouette.

Why not Amsterdam ?

Following along with this thread. We were hoping to book an early May 2020 cruise on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. Still hoping that's possible before they reposition her to Southampton, but if we have to do a TA out of NJ, then I guess we'll just have to make that "sacrifice".;)

Edited by ramja96

;)Following along with this thread. We were hoping to book an early May 2020 cruise on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. Still hoping that's possible before they reposition her to Southampton, but if we have to do a TA out of NJ, then I guess we'll just have to make that "sacrifice".

Her dry dock is due in April and unlikely it will be moved.