Is $48 A Good Price For UBP?

Is $48 a day a good price for the ultimate beverage package? That is what they are offering it for online for our cruise.

I've seen it lower. However, if you are committed to buying,it, then it does not matter when you but it. If you see a lower price, you can cancel and reorder.

I've seen it lower. However, if you are committed to buying,it, then it does not matter when you but it. If you see a lower price, you can cancel and reorder.

What was the lower price you have seen in the past? How many cruises was it that price? Do they often change the price online for the same cruise?

What was the lower price you have seen in the past? How many cruises was it that price? Do they often change the price online for the same cruise?

The price can change any day.

I don't think $48 is a good price. Our Feb. '19 cruise is priced the same. I would like to see it around $43 or so....but unfortunately $48 may be their new pre-cruise price. We have time. I will watch it for a bit longer before purchasing. If the price goes down after purchase, the package can be cancelled and rebooked at the lower cost.

Last week it was $45 per day on the Allure in October. We don’t drink enough to make it worthwhile. We know it includes just about everything such as water, specialty coffees, soda, etc., but we won’t change our drinking habits just to get our money’s worth.

Is $48 a day a good price for the ultimate beverage package? That is what they are offering it for online for our cruise.

It's the deluxe beverage package.

I have seen it for less, but there was a general increase in many prices this past weekend.

The newer the ship, (often) the higher the price. On which ship will you be cruising?

Last week it was $45 per day on the Allure in October. We don’t drink enough to make it worthwhile. We know it includes just about everything such as water, specialty coffees, soda, etc., but we won’t change our drinking habits just to get our money’s worth.

Just logged onto the Cruise Planner, $45 per day for my Adventure cruise in December 2018, $50 per day for Harmony cruise in December 2019.

I'm in the same boat as you, I really don't drink all that differently while on vacation. I have a low alcohol tolerance level, two drinks a day for me is plentiful LOL. I am planning to purchase the soda plus Voom package and bring onboard my two bottles of wine in my carry-on :)

It's the deluxe beverage package.

I have seen it for less, but there was a general increase in many prices this past weekend.

The newer the ship, (often) the higher the price. On which ship will you be cruising?

We will be on a 9 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Jewel out of Miami in January.

We will be on a 9 night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Jewel out of Miami in January.

If you know that you want the package, buy it now.

Monitor the prices in your Cruise Planner.

If the price decreases, cancel and re-book.

So here's the question from the other side- deluxe beverage package is priced at $50 for our Anthem sailing. Will it ever go higher than that?

It very well could. If you wait until onboard, it will probably be around $60. If you think you want it, purchase it. If it goes down, cancel and rebook. If you decide you will not use it, you can cancel it outright up until 72 hours before the cruise I believe.

On board.

It very well could. If you wait until onboard, it will probably be around $60. If you think you want it, purchase it. If it goes down, cancel and rebook. If you decide you will not use it, you can cancel it outright up until 72 hours before the cruise I believe.

Ok, so it will only go higher if we wait to buy it until we are onboard, but we'll buy it before that. I could buy it now, but don't see the point of tying up $826 304 days before the cruise, so I'll wait until we get closer (and maybe see a decrease along the way).

Wait until you get closer to embarkation day to see if it drops. $48 + 18% gratuity makes the true price $56.64 per day. $48.00 is not a great price. Also remember that if you're traveling with someone 21+ in your stateroom they will also have to purchase the drink plan. I stopped getting the drink plan when they re instituted the everyone 21+ in your cabin has to purchase a drink package if you get one.

• 4 weeks later...

I see over and over to cancel the package and rebook if the price drops. It finally did for me! Now I can’t figure out how to actually cancel the original package. Is this something that can be done on the cruise planner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see over and over to cancel the package and rebook if the price drops. It finally did for me! Now I can’t figure out how to actually cancel the original package. Is this something that can be done on the cruise planner?

Look in your Purchase History, you should be able to cancel there.

No, $96/day plus gratuities for a couple is too much. Totalling $864 + gratuities in 9 days.

How many drinks will you and your partner together consume on port days, when you are out for almost the whole day?