Royal Caribbean ruining our Spring Break in an unbelievable way!

After a Certain Time Period The US Goverment ,Should Mandate thru the FTC or any other Agency... that Customers that had their Cruise Canceled because of Charters.. receive Proper compensation ....Period!!....

Mike

They did...proper compensation is a full refund. Actually, the company is not under any obligation to offer anything beyond the refund, in this case $200 OBC. I feel that is fair, the only penalty was inconvenience.

They did...proper compensation is a full refund. Actually, the company is not under any obligation to offer anything beyond the refund, in this case $200 OBC. I feel that is fair, the only penalty was inconvenience.

Note that you didn't quote my whole post, just cheery picked one statement, Do you work for CNN or what?

Mike

Happens all the time, your cruise contract allows that and more...all cruise lines have the same kind of contract. Basically they can do whatever serves the bottom line.

But no need to get incensed about something that happens to folks on every line at any time. And it's too early for airline reservations so no trouble with that. I'd say, just catch another cruise no matter what line and go have Spring Break fun.

Just because it say's something in a Cruise Contract does make it right, Courts can overrule Cruise Contracts!!!

Mike

I keep hearing the same Argument over and over, Adjust... Be Adaptable...Be Flexible......Etc..

How about The Word.. NO :mad:

Mike

I can tell that you have very little expirence as a world traveler or just outside of the USA...

Those words clearly describe the mindset needed for world travel

It does and has happened with Royal.

I don't think Royal should mess with the spring break cruises. Many people are tied into only being able to travel during one specific week during that time, whether they are teachers or have kids (I have a high schooler who absolutely cannot miss more than a day), and Freedom is a popular ship. It must be a very high dollar charter since rates are already inflated for the spring break week.

OP - at least you have enough notice to make other plans, but I empathize with your anger and frustration.

I can see your point, but do you know Spring Break from schools and colleges can be anywhere from the beinning of March to the End of April, depending when Easter is. It is not like there is only 1or 2 weeks.

This happens on all cruise lines. We had 3 cabins booked on NCL Epic when the ship was chartered. (Holy Ship charter) Would have been our first time trying NCL. We chose to go on the Oasis because of grand daughter's college schedule. First time on such a large ship. Enjoyed the cruise and everyone had a great time.

Just don't let this distract from you vacation. Hope you have great vacation no matter what you decide.

I keep hearing the same Argument over and over, Adjust... Be Adaptable...Be Flexible......Etc..

How about The Word.. NO :mad:

After a Certain Time Period The US Goverment ,Should Mandate thru the FTC or any other Agency... that Customers that had their Cruise Canceled because of Charters.. receive Proper compensation ....Period!!.....The Only thing to decide is When that date would come into effect.. and what would be considered proper comp...This should be in effect for All Cruise Company's sailing into or out of US ports..

Mike

If your definition of proper compensation is extensively more than what the lines currently offer, enacting that rule would likely cause the cruise lines to delay release of itineraries. Most charters are probably not done more than 12 months out, but are likely quite lucrative. So an easy solve would be to not release itineraries until after a time period where most charters are booked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can tell that you have very little expirence as a world traveler or just outside of the USA...

Those words clearly describe the mindset needed for world travel

Wow... This person doesn't know me but assumes that I am not a world traveler, except that I have been to 24 different countries. one in Combat serving my country. Mr SetSail assumes I was talking about travel in general, when clearly I was talking about cruise travel in and out of the US...

So I am going to say I am sorry to the "Cheerleaders"... "Cult members" and "Sheep" CC members of the different Cruise Lines for offending them and for trying to making a comment about passengers rights, For trying to stand up for all cruise line passengers...when I and others feel that sometimes cruise passengers get messed over by the lines and for daring to state that passengers have rights that should be defined by State and Federal Govt (US) and not just the CLIA. and last I want to say I am sorry to myself for forgetting that there is not free speech or opinion on CC.. that is not in line with the Group's( mention above) Mindset

To all other CC members I wish you Happy Cruising and to have a Safe Voyage during your next Cruise.

I am Done!

Mike

Edited by mpdog42
add

And it's too early for airline reservations so no trouble with that.

You can definitely already purchase plane tickets for March/April 2019. Maybe not on Southwest, but on the legacy airlines they've been up for sale for a while now. You can book American, Delta, and United through the end of April 2019 right now.

Wow... This person doesn't know me but assumes that I am not a world traveler, except that I have been to 24 different countries. one in Combat serving my country. Mr SetSail assumes I was talking about travel in general, when clearly I was talking about cruise travel in and out of the US...

So I am going to say I am sorry to the "Cheerleaders"... "Cult members" and "Sheep" CC members of the different Cruise Lines for offending them and for trying to making a comment about passengers rights, For trying to stand up for all cruise line passengers...when I and others feel that sometimes cruise passengers get messed over by the lines and for daring to state that passengers have rights that should be defined by State and Federal Govt (US) and not just the CLIA. and last I want to say I am sorry to myself for forgetting that there is not free speech or opinion on CC.. that is not in line with the Group's( mention above) Mindset

To all other CC members I wish you Happy Cruising and to have a Safe Voyage during your next Cruise.

I am Done!

Mike

Well said!

In my everyday life, if I sell something, it is sold. I can't come back months later and say I had a better offer so our contract is void, give it back and I will give you a small token to make you feel better. How come that doesn't apply to cruiselines? To say well, they all do it, is no answer or consolation to the OP who booked this months ago. Just because they all do it doesn't make it OK or legal, does it?

Well said!

In my everyday life, if I sell something, it is sold. I can't come back months later and say I had a better offer so our contract is void, give it back and I will give you a small token to make you feel better. How come that doesn't apply to cruiselines? To say well, they all do it, is no answer or consolation to the OP who booked this months ago. Just because they all do it doesn't make it OK or legal, does it?

For some reason, I just can't help myself. I know I'll regret it. But here goes.

Legal? "Just because they all do it doesn't make it legal?" When you book a cruise, you sign or approve of a contract between you and the cruise company. In that contract, you give them an almost unlimited right to modify or cancel the cruise at their discretion.

So, the contract makes it legal... a contract you approve of when you pay your deposit. So, you are making it legal and OK.

If you don't like the terms of the contract, you shouldn't approve it and pay your deposit.

Now, that doesn't make a cruise being cancelled any easier or better for the OP or anyone else that it happens to. I'm not defending the cruise lines when they do it, but it is legal and you agree to their right to do it when you sign the contract and/or pay/book your cruise. Still stinks, but it certainly is legal.

And, the comment "They all do it" i think refers to the OP saying they plan to book with another cruise line because Royal cancelled their cruise. Booking with another line doesn't mean it won't happen there, as other cruise lines cancel cruises, hence "They all do it."

Cancelled cruises stink. But, they happen. It is disappointing and terrible.

Happens all the time, your cruise contract allows that and more...all cruise lines have the same kind of contract. Basically they can do whatever serves the bottom line.

But no need to get incensed about something that happens to folks on every line at any time. And it's too early for airline reservations so no trouble with that. I'd say, just catch another cruise no matter what line and go have Spring Break fun.

I agree. I think it was the tone of the OPs post that set me back. I understand that they are upset- however there are many choices out there, and plenty of time.

I don’t fault the cruise line- it’s a business, and they have the right to run it as they see fit. And it is the customers right to stay with them, or change to another line. :)

I am Done!

Mike

I stand by what I said, it's pretty simple to understand

Because enough passengers complained, much more stringent rules apply to airlines as far as compensation for their mismanagement .It's about time the DOT looked at Cruise lines too ...... Getting your money back is NO compensation.

For some reason, I just can't help myself. I know I'll regret it. But here goes.

Legal? "Just because they all do it doesn't make it legal?" When you book a cruise, you sign or approve of a contract between you and the cruise company. In that contract, you give them an almost unlimited right to modify or cancel the cruise at their discretion.

So, the contract makes it legal... a contract you approve of when you pay your deposit. So, you are making it legal and OK.

If you don't like the terms of the contract, you shouldn't approve it and pay your deposit.

Now, that doesn't make a cruise being cancelled any easier or better for the OP or anyone else that it happens to. I'm not defending the cruise lines when they do it, but it is legal and you agree to their right to do it when you sign the contract and/or pay/book your cruise. Still stinks, but it certainly is legal.

And, the comment "They all do it" i think refers to the OP saying they plan to book with another cruise line because Royal cancelled their cruise. Booking with another line doesn't mean it won't happen there, as other cruise lines cancel cruises, hence "They all do it."

Cancelled cruises stink. But, they happen. It is disappointing and terrible.

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can definitely already purchase plane tickets for March/April 2019. Maybe not on Southwest, but on the legacy airlines they've been up for sale for a while now. You can book American, Delta, and United through the end of April 2019 right now.

The issues with booking flights now for 2019 is the schedule for those can change too. We've booked several flights with major airlines over the last 5 years any where from a month out to a year ahead of time and I can only think of one maybe two times those haven't been changed or cancelled by the airlines. So it happens with all travel

It’s about time they knocked this **** on the head.

You sell a cruise date. It’s sold end of story.

No way should they be able to resell to a charter.

Maybe a solution would be for possible charters to book before the open market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank god the cruise lines AS FAR AS I KNOW, do not typically overbook and just turf a passenger to a different cruise line, ship or itinerary. Has this ever happened to anyone? I haven't seen any posts about it, but wouldn't doubt it.

It's much rarer than cancellation of a whole ship but we have had reports of folks being asked to switch due to cabins not being available. They up the compensation enough that enough customers switch - just like an overbooked flight. It is even rarer for any of this to happen at the pier.

Biker, who foresees thread closure soon.

I can't understand why people seem to think it unreasonable for someone to be upset when after contracting with a company for a cruise the line sells your vacation out from under you. "Oh, just book another fruits". As the OP said, the price has now gone up. The better afternoons are not available. Lots of reservations need to be changed. Hours of p!and are now worthless. Would i let it ruin my life? Or course not. It would also be a L O N G time before I did biz with the company that treated me that way.

I have had airlines candle flights but the difference is that they have bent over backwards to get me on a flight that works for me, even when they had to book me on another airline and always at the same price.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Forums mobile app