How Many Suites Per Butler

garyl62

Just a list curiosity questions here, I've seen a few comments about how many suites a butler may take care of, but what have you all heard? How many do they have, do they try to keep their grouping together, or spread them across more areas? Could one butler have several levels (SS, CS, RS and PH) or do they stick to one or two? Does the butler serving the PH manage them all, or is each PH assigned a different butler? If they serve the PH or RS's do they still have the same number of cabins as those serving SS's?

Like I said, just wondering so I figured I'd see what the rest of you know.

Just a list curiosity questions here, I've seen a few comments about how many suites a butler may take care of, but what have you all heard? How many do they have, do they try to keep their grouping together, or spread them across more areas? Could one butler have several levels (SS, CS, RS and PH) or do they stick to one or two? Does the butler serving the PH manage them all, or is each PH assigned a different butler? If they serve the PH or RS's do they still have the same number of cabins as those serving SS's?

The Head Butler on Eclipse in April was Eduardo, he told us he serviced all the Royal Suites, the Penthouse Suites and one or two of the CS's. He told us there were 5 butlers on the ship. He also said the butler with the hardest job was the one who had all the S1's, because they are spread across 5 floors. Just repeating what he said to us...

Someone awhile back here questioned whether there was still a "Head Butler" on the ships and there definitely is, he handed us his card which referred to him as "Head Butler" … but they operate as a team, that's for sure.

The Head Butler on Eclipse in April was Eduardo, he told us he serviced all the Royal Suites, the Penthouse Suites and one or two of the CS's. He told us there were 5 butlers on the ship. He also said the butler with the hardest job was the one who had all the S1's, because they are spread across 5 floors. Just repeating what he said to us...

Someone awhile back here questioned whether there was still a "Head Butler" on the ships and there definitely is, he handed us his card which referred to him as "Head Butler" … but they operate as a team, that's for sure.

Any idea when Eduardo’s tour ends? We’ll be on Eclipse in July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any idea when Eduardo’s tour ends? We’ll be on Eclipse in July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure his contract was ending in June sometime, though not positive. I know he said he was heading to Silhouette when he comes back.

We were in a RS on the Reflection. Our Butler had Suites on 3 levels including Penthouse, several Royal Suites, several Celebrity Suites and some Sky Suites on three decks. The passengers in the Penthouse were full on a holes and repeatedly complained that the Butler was not there full time for them. Butlers certainly do not have enough time to do “Butler” things.

The head butler has been replace by a Suite Manager. The number of suites per butler appears to be variable. 5 Butlers on the Solstice in May and one suite manager.

The head butler has been replace by a Suite Manager. The number of suites per butler appears to be variable. 5 Butlers on the Solstice in May and one suite manager.

The Head Butler position is still very much in place. We were on Eclipse in April, and YES, there was a suite manager also, but Eduardo, the butler was also the Head Butler as all of our correspondence from him and Michael's Club Concierge were signed with those titles and the business card he gave us also had that title. SO the position does still exist.

Our first butler, Hilario on a TA on the Reflection, was superb. He started the cruise by saying “I am here to help you have a wonderful cruise” and he certainly lived up to that promise. I was worried that we were asking too much of him, being only in a Sky Suite, so I did some things like reservations on my own (pre Sky Suites in MC, so didn't have access to the MCC). He gently scolded me and said that I needed to leave that to him so that I could enjoy my cruise. I said that I was concerned about his workload and asked him how many suites he covered. He said that I need not worry about that because he would always be there for us. This man went above and beyond for us and made us feel like we were a top priority. What a class act!

I have been curious about the number since, but haven't asked again and just try to enjoy the pampering. My next experience with a butler will be on the Edge in December. With 176 suites (146 Sky Suites), it will be interesting to see if the butler service remains top notch. I imagine that they will have a similar ratio of butlers to suites so that it will be fine. :D

Did a B2B on the Constellation and had to change Suites between cruises. 1st leg in a CS that butler had 14 suites. Next leg was in a SS1and that Butler also had 14. There was 1Butler covering 3 floors that if I remember he had 12 suites. There were 4 Butlers in total.

There was a Suite Manager and the MC Concierge. All written correspondence was only signed by the MC Concierge.

.......Someone awhile back here questioned whether there was still a "Head Butler" on the ships and there definitely is, he handed us his card which referred to him as "Head Butler" … .

I was wondering about that, because it seems like almost every time a butler has given us his card, it said "Head Butler" on it, even if we were only staying in a lowly sky suite.

So is there more than one Head Butler?

I was wondering about that, because it seems like almost every time a butler has given us his card, it said "Head Butler" on it, even if we were only staying in a lowly sky suite.

So is there more than one Head Butler?

Have no idea.....I would think not....but no idea...

Interestingly, we were also on the eclipse in April and our butler, Willian, also gave us his card which said Head Butler on it.

HAHAHAHA!!! Well maybe they ARE indeed ALL head butlers...Eduardo had been on Eclipse for several months when we were on Eclipse in April...….…:D:D

Is it possible that "head butler" is a title? IOW, if you do really well as a butler, you are promoted to "head butler?"

Have no clue if the above is true . . . just an explanation for how there could be multiple "head butlers" on the same ship.

When Celebrity added the Suite Manager position the number for suites per butler changed. Our cruise on Millie in Jan 2017 the bulter on deck 6 had 7 suites PH to 6132. We were again on Millie March 2018 and the butler this time had PH to at least 6122. They got rid of one butler on each side of deck 6.

There is no longer the "Head Butler" position.. it could be a mistake from the printer when making the cards... SL class (except RF) is now with 5 butlers, 1 Suite Manager and 1 MCC.

Before a Butler could become the Head Butler and then would be responsible for the Butler team and operations.. now it is Suite Manager duty :)

Our Head Butler Peter on Eclipse said he was no longer the head of the butlers as the function had been replace by the Suite Manager. It does not matter what it says on Peter's card which he will probably use up until done or he changes ships.

We are just off Reflection and our Butler Roberto did all in the hump and then back as far as the Spa, take out the concierge cabins in between and I figure about 20. They also take it in turns to serve afternoon tea in Michael's, but their workload is much lighter than a few years back when they served it to each cabin.