Balcony Hacks

Although I agree with most everything here, a/c does not cool air but instead removes heat. I know it may sound the same but actually is a totally different process. And yes, please keep your balcony cabin door closed!

sanmarcosman asked me to look at your post and give an opinion. Not sure what you are getting at here. Could you describe your definition or process of cooling versus heat removal. To me, and I'm not a scientist, but an engineer, cooling is the removal of heat. Don't want to get this thread too far off track, so this isn't real important. I do agree with you that air conditioning actually doesn't "remove" heat, but "transfers" heat. Your window a/c at home cools the house and heats the outside.

Not sure if this would qualify as a "hack", but it does enhance our enjoyment of our balcony. I bring a bag of M&M's (the peanut butter ones are my favorite) to snack on while we're sitting on our balcony. It's a cruise tradition for us.

Best hack ever....except peanut M&M's

Best hack ever....except peanut M&M's

My mother-in-law gave us a bag of peanut M&M's for our last cruise:D I know there is a ton of food on the ship, but it sure was nice to have a small little something in the cabin. I think it will become a tradition for us too;)

We like to order room service breakfast & enjoy it on our balcony. Some croissants, pastries, fruit & cereal. We have some Baileys that we'll add to the room service coffee. It's a lovely way to start the day. Gives us & our boys time to wake-up before facing the crowds.

We like to order room service breakfast & enjoy it on our balcony. Some croissants, pastries, fruit & cereal. We have some Baileys that we'll add to the room service coffee. It's a lovely way to start the day. Gives us & our boys time to wake-up before facing the crowds.

So day drinking is a hack, roger that. :D

I'm not sure why some are so surprised that people are still going to leave do the balcony door open, even after showing why it's a bad idea and effects so many others.

There is no age requirement for people feeling entitled. Hog a chair, cut in line, reserve seats at the shows, want exception of the rules and so on.

I try to treat everyone as a gentleman/gentlewoman. Not because they are, but because I am.

I'm not sure why some are so surprised that people are still going to leave do the balcony door open, even after showing why it's a bad idea and effects so many others.

There is no age requirement for people feeling entitled. Hog a chair, cut in line, reserve seats at the shows, want exception of the rules and so on.

I try to treat everyone as a gentleman/gentlewoman. Not because they are, but because I am.

Last line is seriously sweet...