Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

Apparently my wife, a RN, was looking at me this morning at 3:30AM trying to figure out if I was alive, since I was sleeping silently and unmovingly, so she started touching my arm which was exposed to room temp air and was cool, and then she started touching me to see if she needed to do CPR... to which I woke up and said, what was I doing that caused this.

The result of my 15 year older brother dying a month ago in his sleep...

Sigh....

JC

Sorry about your loss, J.C. That is probably the best way for a person to go but it is also probably one of the hardest for those left behind, not that loss is ever easy. I've been through it a few too many times between my own family and patients' families.

Sorry about your loss, J.C. That is probably the best way for a person to go but it is also probably one of the hardest for those left behind, not that loss is ever easy. I've been through it a few too many times between my own family and patients' families.

Thanks OB! No doubt. One hard thing is everyone asks what did he die from, and since he died in his sleep with no illness means we really don’t know. All we can do is guess. Which never satisfies the questioner.

I can only imagine doing what you do.

JC

I can’t stand the use of DW/DH/DD/DS....but not as much as I dislike HOTS, EOTS, AOTS, MOTS, EOTS, etc. :cool::)

We all have our pet peeves.:) Maybe that spices things up. (I dislike ending sentences with a preposition even more than the others!! HaHa...and I do that often. OMG)

I'm with you on the DD/DW/DH thing, in my mind it means Designated Driver, Driving While ... and Designated Hitter.

But good news regarding the preposition thing, it's grammatically correct to end a sentence with a preposition. That "rule" was never really a rule.

Edited by KnightsFan

Thank you so much. What joy your comments have brought me. I appreciate so much that you can feel my love for him. It is beyond anything I ever expected before becoming a mother. (And to be truthful, I felt like using his "real" name on the internet made me a bad mom, which is why I made up the hashtag name. Don't want anyone stealing his identity and making me wish I'd purchased Life Lock!)

I see you are in Virginia Beach... one of my favorite places! One summer perhaps 6 or 7 years ago we rented a condo in Sandbridge for a week. Nicholas was SO sick that whole week, and I spent so much time indoors with him (as did my husband). I was kicking myself for having gone cheap that week and renting a condo with a courtyard view. The ocean was SO close, but I couldn't see it when I was indoors with my sick boy. This past week on Allure when he was sick and in bed, I was thinking about that week in Sandbridge and SO thankful that I'd spent a few extra dollars on a balcony and that we weren't stuck in an inside cabin. (Not that there's anything wrong with an inside cabin, Hucifer. No disrespect meant!)

I can relate about the inside cabin. Fast reverse to 2014, Celebrity of the Seas. Had an inside cabin on Deck 12. Loved the location. However my hubby came down with a case of the gout in his foot. Couldn't walk anywhere!!! And the meds from the ship made him sick to his stomach. He couldn't even see daylight. I left soooooooooo bad for him. Will always get at least a window. PS) never even thought about a wheelchair. I could have gotten him outside for fresh air. Being on Deck 12, there would have been no stairs to the deck above the pool area

How is it any different than the use of DW/DH/DD/DS? It's the writer's prerogative, and I think it's a rather cute term of endearment, in my opinion.

Use of a hashtag in social media is done for a specific purpose (so that people posting about the same issue, for example, #metoo or #selfie, can congregate in the same place to see other posts about the issue or selfie pictures as the case may be). Cruise critic is odd place to use a hashtag - she could simply refer to her son as "the boy", without the hashtag.

Secondly, she alternates between the hashtag and using his actual name. As a reader of the review (and yes, I realize I can always choose not to read it), I would rather her choose one or the other. Just a personal preference - it won't keep me from reading her review, it just makes me go hmmmmm….:confused:

Our guest bathroom has a pedestal sink, so we keep the spare rolls in a basket. One of my two cats at the time, would bite pieces of it. Made it kind of interesting, when it came time to put it on the roller (over). Looked it up on the net, it said it aided in digestion so didn't think anything of it from then on. When he was a youngster every so often he would unroll some of the roll. His "sister" had no interest tp.

In regards to Belize, when we got off the ship to do a ship's supplied tour, the taxi drivers seemed very aggresive in trying to get you choose them if you hadn't booked a tour. I never felt that uncomfortable at any port of call including Jamaica. I was glad we had already booked a tour.

My toilet paper doesn’t go over or under - it fits upright. So, my wonderful cat can’t unfurl it. Instead, he bites it into little pieces.

Sigh

Use of a hashtag in social media is done for a specific purpose (so that people posting about the same issue, for example, #metoo or #selfie, can congregate in the same place to see other posts about the issue or selfie pictures as the case may be). Cruise critic is odd place to use a hashtag - she could simply refer to her son as "the boy", without the hashtag.

Never underestimate the power of the #wannabecoolmom factor :cool:

Welp, four days, 11 pages and 200+ posts and we still aren't there. I'm bailing here folks and with good reason. We leave on the Anthem in the morning with #thefamily.

Perhaps when we return in 9 days we will have settled the TP over/under debate and the unwanted guest will have finally been revealed.

Until then...

I like where you’re from......we are originally from the Isle of Long too..... never heard of it described that way.

Have a great time on Anthem.

Sorry. I had work to do! I'd love to mention what I do for a living but fear getting sent to the CC Pokey. But as you can see I'm back now. The unwanted to guest will arrive soon. And I fear you'll be underwhelmed or disappointed.

Maybe I should pull a Hucifer here and leave the boards for a few weeks to drum up anticipation.

Noooooo. Pls don’t 😢

I have been following this thread off and on for 2 days and have enjoyed every post. I too use the lips to the forehead, the toilet paper is over ( at least at my house) and my son has been" the boy" for most of his life. The OP is writing an entertaining review and I can't wait for our first Oasis class cruise in August!

Is that it.... the “unwanted guest” is tears????? But wait, that was day 5 not day 6.... not to mention 23 pages...

Re-read her last sentence (below)......:rolleyes:

Stop nagging her or she'll wait a week or more to give you day 6.

Day 5 - Costa Maya

We get to 16, exit the elevator, and I started to cry. This pierced the emotion I was holding in, trying to process all of the stress of the trip. Out it comes. The first unwanted guest... tears.

:cool:

Rude is rude. We have all been rude at times. There are no good excuses. There are only sincere apologies.
. Quote of the day. You win the internet!

While I'm thankful there are many of you reading and enjoying, I'm sorry if I can't keep it at the pace you'd prefer. Obviously I was on vacation last week and I've got lots of work to catch up on, not to mention laundry, grocery shopping, feeding Nicholas...

Which leads me to one other explanation. As those of you who have teens have probably experienced, they speak a different language. They don't use full works. They use letters. Or they say things like, "Can I get a 'hashtag' XD?" (Whatever the heck that means.) So, if you ever heard my son speak it would become clear that the use of the hashtag is actually quite appropriate.

Apparently my wife, a RN, was looking at me this morning at 3:30AM trying to figure out if I was alive, since I was sleeping silently and unmovingly, so she started touching my arm which was exposed to room temp air and was cool, and then she started touching me to see if she needed to do CPR... to which I woke up and said, what was I doing that caused this.

The result of my 15 year older brother dying a month ago in his sleep...

Sigh....

JC

I’m so sorry for your loss - I couldn’t imagine that happening. My sincere condolences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk