Onboard Noordam Now

1ANGELCAT

It was a great day in Juneau, saw lots of whales,even got a picture of a dive,

Forgot to mention before but no medical form was done at embarkation .

Also have new bread plates in dining room. They are delft,really pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ketchikan has been misty and cool all day.

It was foggy last night , heard the horn blowing off and on.

MDR has been great, PG not so much, too many people for the space.

One more day then back to reality.

It was a great day in Juneau, saw lots of whales,even got a picture of a dive . . . .

Thanks for your reports! I have wonderful memories of the Noordam. Glad you saw lots of whales, was this on a ship excursion? I booked one for an upcoming trip and am looking forward to it.

All the Best!

Yes it was a ships tour.

FYI disembark packet says final stmnt is available on your own device thru the Navigator or thru self serve kiosks.

For those of us who do not want, use or have smart phones, will they not print and provide us with a final statement ?

More for us to do for ourselves? This 'do it yourself gig' is getting tiresome. What do they leave for them to do if all paper work becomes our 'job ' ??

Just confirmed with front office, final stmnt is no longer being delivered to room. Was not sure if fleetwide , its been about 3 weeks here.

Did you ask if the staff would print a final statement for you?

Did you get any kind of "pre" final statement delivered near the end of the cruise? If not, the kiosk line may be awfully long....

Did you ask if the staff would print a final statement for you?

Yes I did and yes they will print it.

No pre final bill sent

Just confirmed with front office, final stmnt is no longer being delivered to room. Was not sure if fleetwide , its been about 3 weeks here.

Thank you for posting that; it's important information. I can't understand the thinking (beyond saving HAL the expense) of not issuing a bill for services rendered when it's expected to be paid.

You wouldn't hand over your credit card in a restaurant without looking at your bill; same thing should be true on the ship.

Now I know to ask about the procedure on my upcoming cruise, and ask that a bill be delivered to me on the final morning. And to get a preliminary bill on the previous day.

Have a safe trip home.

We received our final statement the night before we disembarked the Zaandam on June 18 (before they checked the minibar the next morning). We didn’t ask for the statement but have always received it on the last evening....so no change for us.

Yes I did and yes they will print it.

No pre final bill sent

Thanks for this info.

All that we now are supposed to do for ourselveson ozard and in order go board is getting onerous, IMO Now they expecg W should stand in line at a kiosk because they won't print and deliver a final statement to us. BAD Idea.

Bye, bye, HAL, It WAS truly wonderful for a very long time.

I suspect concierge would provide a s tatement but not everyone has access a concierge.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for this info.

All that we now are supposed to do for ourselveson ozard and in order go board is getting onerous, IMO Now they expecg W should stand in line at a kiosk because they won't print and deliver a final statement to us. BAD Idea.

Bye, bye, HAL, It WAS truly wonderful for a very long time.

I suspect concierge would provide a s tatement but not everyone has access a concierge.

I really like to check the printed statement before leaving the ship, much easier to sort out any problem while on board.

More work for the front office staff and the Neptune Concierge .

We didn't get a statement either, and by the time we realized it, it was too late -- we were heading off the ship.

You can use the Navigator app to check your bill, provided that you are the one paying the bill. I made the mistake of signing up for the Navigator app, but when I tried to see our bill, it told me that I had to contact the person paying the bill in order to see it. What? I should have had my husband get it on his phone, too, but I never realized we wouldn't get a bill the last night. It's been two weeks since we disembarked, and we have no idea whether we will be charged or whether we will get a credit. Interesting, eh?

Final bill was delivered to our room on the last night. We disembarked Westerdam on June 24.

Excellent, Thanks for p;osting this. Hopefully they will do this on all cruises on all the ships.

I do not have, do not want a smart phone and HAL will not force me to in order to see my bill. I cannot use the 'Navigator APP ( as someone suggested) if I do not have an app which I cannot without a smart phone. :eek:

Perhaps I am the only one who has chosen to avoid the smart phone mania, but so long as there is 'one', HAL should keep that in mind when they keep adding to the list of 'what we can do for ourselves.

Let the front office print and get the bills delivered.

MO

Edited by sail7seas

I totally agree that they should supply a statement at the end of the cruise just as you would expect a final bill from a hotel. I use the navigator app and check daily to make sure there have been no erroneous charges, just as I do with online banking to check my credit card expenses. Although the app isn't for everyone, in my opinion it's a far better system than the old days of trying to reconcile a whole bunch of paper chits with the bill at the end of the cruise.

Some final thoughts after a very long day yesterday. My flight from Vancouver to Chicago got diverted to Rockford IL due to weather in Chicago. All flights were delayed . I landed in Philadelphia about midnight and got home about 2 AM.

It wasn’t the greatest week weather wise, was really raining coming down thru the passage on Saturday.

The cruise was good and Alaska was outstanding as always.

The PG issue will never be resolved as long as Explore4 exists.

Now only 5 months to go till Nieuw Statendam [emoji568][emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some final thoughts after a very long day yesterday. My flight from Vancouver to Chicago got diverted to Rockford IL due to weather in Chicago. All flights were delayed . I landed in Philadelphia about midnight and got home about 2 AM.

It wasn’t the greatest week weather wise, was really raining coming down thru the passage on Saturday.

The cruise was good and Alaska was outstanding as always.

The PG issue will never be resolved as long as Explore4 exists.

Now only 5 months to go till Nieuw Statendam [emoji568][emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hear about your flight. Sounds like a very long day. :(

Glad you are home safe and thank you for your reports and information. Always appreciated :)