Oasis not transatlantic back to USA in 2019?

I was wondering if the Oasis sails back to the USA with a transatlantic cruise in 2019.

I have ask RCI but they dont give a specific answer. Only that she in 2019 sails in Europe.

I have find a cruise to Europe but not to the USA.

I was wondering if the Oasis sails back to the USA with a transatlantic cruise in 2019.

I have ask RCI but they dont give a specific answer. Only that she in 2019 sails in Europe.

I have find a cruise to Europe but not to the USA.

Might be a non-revenue cruise back to the US.

Yes thats possible.

I thougt also it was drydeck time maybe is that the reason.

They just did the same thing with Mariner, dry dock followed by non-revenue TA back to US.

I read that the first few cruises back in the USA after her dry dock have been cancelled so it could mean that her dry dock is now anticipated to take longer than planned?

I see the 11/10/19 sailing shows sold out but none after that. The more it slips the more likely the TA would be non-revenue due to the weather.

I´m hoping for that TA too.

The last cruise end Sep 22nd in Barcelona. Now they´ve cancelled the Nov 10th Caribbean cruise. And it looks like Nov 24th is the first one now out of Miami. This is an extremly long dry dock.

steamboats

After their last TA coming back to Florida, I would bet on the non-revenue cruise. Why not use the time for little things after they cruised for a few months in EU.

The TA would be right after the dry dock - it would be to finish things that were not done during the dry dock.

Maybe they leased it out for some special event. The local NEWS just had a segment that Princess has leased ships out as housing for the 2020 Olympics in Japan. I know they do that a couple of times a year in San Francisco when a huge convention comes to town.

I read that the first few cruises back in the USA after her dry dock have been cancelled so it could mean that her dry dock is now anticipated to take longer than planned?

The TA would be right after the dry dock - it would be to finish things that were not done during the dry dock.

Because allergies are so common, they are giving the ship an extra deep cleaning to get rid of the Cat Dander. :D

I´m also wondering that there´s no trip from Barcelona up to Amsterdam or Rotterdam (the dry dock is in Rotterdam). Should be a 5 to 7 night cruise (with stops).

So right now it´s a 9 week gap between the last Med cruise and the first Caribbean cruise. Back in 2014 they had two weeks in the dry dock but were still working during the TA. As we all know they announced Wonderland and it never came.

steamboats

I´m also wondering that there´s no trip from Barcelona up to Amsterdam or Rotterdam (the dry dock is in Rotterdam). Should be a 5 to 7 night cruise (with stops).

So right now it´s a 9 week gap between the last Med cruise and the first Caribbean cruise. Back in 2014 they had two weeks in the dry dock but were still working during the TA. As we all know they announced Wonderland and it never came.

steamboats

I suspect they have lots of modifications to come. Converting the two story Diamond Lounge to a revenue generating space, adding the DL to deck 4, adding slides, changing a few Lounge themes, converting/rebranding at least one, maybe more specialty Dinning areas. I wonder the condition of the Azipod motors and bearings. Allure recently had issues and that took a week to replace. Maybe all 3 of Oasis need a look at??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suspect they have lots of modifications to come. Converting the two story Diamond Lounge to a revenue generating space, adding the DL to deck 4, adding slides, changing a few Lounge themes, converting/rebranding at least one, maybe more specialty Dinning areas. I wonder the condition of the Azipod motors and bearings. Allure recently had issues and that took a week to replace. Maybe all 3 of Oasis need a look at??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So what's the new Broadway show going to be? May need time to do work to theater.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Deck 11 cabins not done yet. Or so I'm told.

Interesting, with all the time they had in dry dock and on the TA, that's surprising. I'd like to know the story behind that, maybe some key parts that they could not get delivered in time.

Interesting, with all the time they had in dry dock and on the TA, that's surprising. I'd like to know the story behind that, maybe some key parts that they could not get delivered in time.

Maybe that's why they stopped in Freeport on the way to Miami - supplies and folks to finish those cabins. Seems to be a recurring theme with those deck 11 cabins.

Converting the now Diamond Lounge into Wonderland isn´t much of a thing. This can be done in two weeks. I don´t think they will change any other specialty restaurants - maybe Giovanni´s Table to Jamie´s. But I doubt that they will change the decor of the Main Dining Room again.

Slides might be installed in 2 weeks too. Changing the Entertainment Place to the same layout as on the Harmony/Symphony is a bigger task but not more than 3 weeks. All technical revision can be done in a 2 to 3 week dry dock too.

They sort of strip down whole ships in 4 weeks and rebuild them.

Last time in 2014 they´ve added lots of cabins including removing the old Diamond Club on deck 6. Converting the former Concierge Lounge (now Diamond Club) to Wonderland was planned but never happened.

Even with considering the time getting the ship from Barcelona to Rotterdam and from Rotterdam to Miami they still have roughly 7 weeks.

I don´t know how long the Indy and the Mariner were in dry dock for their refurbishments. But 7 weeks is really a long time and pretty costly!

steamboats

On Independence the new cabins where not ready during the first three or four cruises as well, that was part of the schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums